Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Petrol Prices .. February 24/2/2022

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't believe it when I went to get petrol yesterday. Last Wednesday it was around 1€50/55 a litre, now it's 1€77. I reckon it will pass the 2€ a litre mark within a few weeks.
    Then the 'gilets jaunes' will be out but that's for another discussion. 
    Just thought I'd let you know that it's the same here in France.
    11 days later: It's already over 2 euros a litre at 2 supermarkets. I managed to get 1€87 at my local supermarket.
  • Options
    c$203.9/L here in Vancouver (£1.20/litre) which is a record high, and everyone is going crazy.

Thankfully I live near the US border. Gas in Washington state currently 76p/litre.

$4 per gallon (67p per litre) here in Texas and everyone is losing their minds.
    the US liquid gallon is a lot smaller than the Imperial (UK) gallon
  • Options
    Correction  I've just checked and Shell Station charging 1.80 and Tesco Express Esso opposite is 1.64. Why would people pay 1.80 when station on opposite side of road is 16p less.
    There is a small difference in quality, mainly additives that may or may not make a difference, depending on the vehicle
  • Options
    A2 Harbledown today. 
  • Options
    c$203.9/L here in Vancouver (£1.20/litre) which is a record high, and everyone is going crazy.

Thankfully I live near the US border. Gas in Washington state currently 76p/litre.

Ok recalculation... 81p per litre. :-)
  • Options
    @Callumcafc What do you drive out in Texas?

Please tell me it's a Silverado or a F150
  • Options

• Options

Ha I will let you know when I have my license..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A2 Harbledown today. 
    That's insane.

They should be done by Trading Standards. For fuel/gas/water there should be a maximum amount retailers can charge - something like 5% more than the rrp. 

I paid 161.9 on tuesday for diesel. The above is 25p above that, so 15% more than I paid.
  • Options
    @ME14addick

Tesco in Bearsted 177 for diesel, whereas Shell 193 this morning!
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60680787

Oil prices plunge after UAE agree to pump more crude. Wonder how long that will take to be reflected at the pumps….
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60680787

Oil prices plunge after UAE agree to pump more crude. Wonder how long that will take to be reflected at the pumps….
    probably drop- five pence or so yet still be VERY expensive .. more incentive to buy an electric vehicle .. BUT, how will the grid cope with huge increases in demand ?
  • Options
    probably cost just as much to charge an electric motor given energy prices ;)
  • Options
    Petrol £1:589 in Sainsbury at Crayford this morning.
  • Options
    A2 Harbledown today. 
    'main route' petrol especially motorway stops, have always been very expensive .. I have always wondered why, except in an 'emergency' anybody would patronise them .. also I suppose, business travellers (who don't have a caravan and horse) on expenses don't care what the price is
  • Options
    A2 Harbledown today. 
    'main route' petrol especially motorway stops, have always been very expensive .. I have always wondered why, except in an 'emergency' anybody would patronise them .. also I suppose, business travellers (who don't have a caravan and horse) on expenses don't care what the price is
    Same on all transport. Businessmen would never bother using a railcard or getting a cheaper ticket even if it saves a few hundred quid.
  • Options
    A2 Harbledown today. 
    That's insane.

They should be done by Trading Standards. For fuel/gas/water there should be a maximum amount retailers can charge - something like 5% more than the rrp. 

I paid 161.9 on tuesday for diesel. The above is 25p above that, so 15% more than I paid.
    25p above?
    I make it 45p.
    206-161 = 45.
  • Options
    A2 Harbledown today. 
    Exactly, I've never bought petrol at a motorway s/stn.
    Petrolprices.com is good to find the cheapest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tomorrow some petrol stations will be selling without VAT in sign of protest against the recent high prices. Here's a list of the ones near you...

• Options
    Just had my Fuel card prices through for next week, going up another 17 pence a litre from midnight Sunday so another 77 pence a gallon. 
    Considering roughly 180 gallons gets put in across my fleet at the start of the week its a big chunk of money. 

• Options

• Options

Doesn’t change the litre price. 
  • Options

Doesn’t change the litre price. 
    true .. BUT the poster 's conversion from gallon to litre was wrong .. and in the US, petrol is purchased per gallon not per litre