Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• edited February 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    Robinson saw things weren't going their way quickly and made a tactical change which turned the game after 10 mins.

Robinson started with 4-2-3-1 and then, changed it to 4-2-3-1.
    But they’re playing it the way it should be played. Three up top when attacking, one or none when defending. 
    We started well, but our crossing was rubbish.
    Balls over the top have been penetrating when they should have been floating (with backspin). Must have been about ten of those. Frustrating. 
    Can hardly be bothered with the second half. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    0-1 - Dobson so weak in a challenge
    Purrington very exposed there for me. Was it Inniss who chested it down nicely too? 
    Purrington wasn't tracking his man at all.
    What on earth do you mean? The assist/pass took him completely out of the game.
    He was ball watching while his man ran into space behind him...
    He was side on, the ball was played from less than 10 yards away straight into the striker’s path…
    Seems Minto and Curbs are pointing at Purrington too for the first goal. 
    And the second surely .  Out of position, true , which was totally unneeded with 3 centre halves on the bench 
    Matthews gets the ball we don't concede. Simple.
  • Leuth said:
    Club is rotten top to bottom. 

How long until we are allowed to actually look at how we're being run from the top?
    We demonstrably spend money and offer good contracts. We just can't seem to put a squad together 
    Perhaps he hasn't got the best eye for who should be helping him. 

Placing his son in a recruitment role doesnt exactly help. 

Its not about money, it's about leadership and management. 
    Apparently he knows more about football than anyone TS knows

Oh & he has a strong shot.

We're going nowhere until sandgaard realises he & his son should be nowhere near any position of responsibility on the football side. It's sandgaards money & he can do what he likes but it won't be pushing the club forward.

I'm also unsure about our new coach. After 23 years at Yeovil is he really what we need ? Sorry I know this is the match thread.
  • Scoham said:
    No fit senior strikers (not counting Burstow as one), a squad who know the season is over unless we get sucked into a relegation battle. Jackson trying to build around a system for the longer term - how long before the players feel we need a change of manager and we repeat the cycle again?

Urrrrrgggghhhh.
    There we no affection for Adkins and Bowyer was not a club legend and built his own coffin. If the players think the fans will side with them over Jacko in some kind of coup I think they’ll be disappointed. 
  • Powder puff up front. Pedestrians watching runners shoot past them at the back. This is Charlton. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    0-1 - Dobson so weak in a challenge
    Purrington very exposed there for me. Was it Inniss who chested it down nicely too? 
    Purrington wasn't tracking his man at all.
    What on earth do you mean? The assist/pass took him completely out of the game.
    He was ball watching while his man ran into space behind him...
    He was side on, the ball was played from less than 10 yards away straight into the striker’s path…
    Seems Minto and Curbs are pointing at Purrington too for the first goal. 
    And the second surely .  Out of position, true , which was totally unneeded with 3 centre halves on the bench 
    Matthews gets the ball we don't concede. Simple.
    There was still time to defend properly after that .  Matthews was crap too , granted 
  • I need to get on the phone to Paul Warne and let him
    know that he’s got his centre back selections all wrong all season.

If he was more tactically astute he would be getting more cloggers in the side
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    25 yards out. Only place thay ball should have been heading was straight for goal.
    He was aiming for the goal, just needs a bit of tweaking at Sparrows Lane next week.
    Thats where the ball ended up i believe
  • DJ off?! He's about the only one other than Morgan who's looked up for it! 
  • Sponsored links:

• If we dont see atleast 3 changes at halftime the end is nigh for the current regime as you cant just keep doing the same thing expecting a different outcome. Game is over but this could get embarrassing 
  • Something's not right.  

Will they come out fighting for their pride ?

• edited February 2022
    Burstow coming on, DJ off.

Back four with Matthews and Purrington. Clare and Inniss centre backs.
  • Scoham said:
    No fit senior strikers (not counting Burstow as one), a squad who know the season is over unless we get sucked into a relegation battle. Jackson trying to build around a system for the longer term - how long before the players feel we need a change of manager and we repeat the cycle again?

Urrrrrgggghhhh.
    There we no affection for Adkins and Bowyer was not a club legend and built his own coffin. If the players think the fans will side with them over Jacko in some kind of coup I think they’ll be disappointed. 
    Doesn't matter if they have Sandgaard's ear.... 
  • Solidgone said:
    Managed to watch the first few minutes of the match when my internet crashed as lecko was on the byline. Managed to get things up and up and running and find we a two down. Shit connection here in Bogotá and no doubt a shit performance. 
    If only there was an easy 'pick me up' available locally. 
  • Something's not right.  

Will they come out fighting for their pride ?

Probably for the first 10 minutes until they score again
  • Now, you'd be looking at Jacko changing things up second half, but look at the bench, where are the match winners...nowhere, we have nothing "better" ready to come on,..we are like a team of headless chickens waiting for the final whistle..having said that Burstow is on...oh well great!!
  • Diamond formation for the second half.
  • Leuth said:
    DJ off?! He's about the only one other than Morgan who's looked up for it! 
    Are you Morgan’s dad??😂
  • Burstow coming on, DJ off.

Back four with Matthews and Purrington. Clare and Inniss centre backs.
    So nothing wrong with the shape first half then?

He could have gone to a back 4 during the first half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·
     🔄 | Mason Burstow replaces Diallang Jaiyesimi ahead of the second half. 

#cafc 0 #oufc 2
  • edited February 2022
    Look how easy it is to play into our box. It's just like watching us under Adkins again. Just unreal.
  • Get Tyreece Campbell on quick, he’s scored twice for Stoke already.
  • Chunes said:
    Look how easy it is to play into our box. It's just like watching us under Adkins again. Just unreal.
    I wonder if we have a player with us that turns the squad against listening to the managers.
  • Fuck me Gilbey has touched the ball - the kick off .
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    I wonder if we have a player with us that turns the squad against listening to the managers.
    We drastically need a change of culture in the dressing room. Something definitely isn't right.
  • Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·
    United on the front foot immediately as Whyte and Williams combine to win a corner

#CAFC 0-2 #OUFC
  • Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·
    United play the corner short and it's worked back into Whyte who forces another corner

#CAFC 0-2 #OUFC
  • Josh Davison scores for Swindon, again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!