Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

1. 35'

Post update

Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 35'

Post update

Foul by Matty Taylor (Oxford United).

• Leuth said:
    Club is rotten top to bottom. 

How long until we are allowed to actually look at how we're being run from the top?
    We demonstrably spend money and offer good contracts. We just can't seem to put a squad together 
    Perhaps he hasn't got the best eye for who should be helping him. 

Placing his son in a recruitment role doesnt exactly help. 

Its not about money, it's about leadership and management. 
  • Started watching after 20 mins….OMG what the fuck has JJ done here with this lineup…
  • edited February 2022
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Club is rotten top to bottom. 

How long until we are allowed to actually look at how we're being run from the top?
    We demonstrably spend money and offer good contracts. We just can't seem to put a squad together 
    The questions around recruitment are going to need answering soon.
    That's not a Sandgaard problem. Well ultimately it is, but... 
    It's Sandgaard's problem as it affects his goals. 

Personally do feel Gallen has to come into question some time soon. Black box or not our recruitment has been poor for a while now. Also not keen on Martin's input.
  • What's our plan B? 2 down at home and nothing's changed.
    1. 37'

Post update

Foul by Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic).

2. 37'

Post update

Luke McNally (Oxford United) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• edited February 2022
    Purrington witch hunt out in force.

Plug Famewo / Pearce in there and you get the same result .
    Pearce without a doubt. Turns slower than oat milk. But I feel like Famewo reads the danger better for at least one.

I'm not anti-Purrington. I'd consider keeping him around next year as a reserve LB/LWB who can maybe play LCB in a pinch. But I just don't think he looks comfortable or reads the game well enough at LCB. 

It's one thing when you don't have any other options there, but we have Famewo on the bench who has played there all year and largely been good. And then we have Lavelle who may not be mobile enough or left footed enough for the outside CB role but might be worth a shot just to see. 
  • I think we've surrendered after 30 mins. 
  • Sean McGinty scores for Ayr Utd, another Academy player we gave away for peanuts, 
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed the first 15 minutes what I've seen is absolutely rubbish. Dodgy defence, no attack and midfield (apart from Dobson) are hiding and who's on the bench 3 bloody centre halfs and a couple of kids!
    He hasn't got a plan B, or a clue by the looks of it. 
  • edited February 2022
    Sean McGinty scores for Ayr Utd, another Academy player we gave away for peanuts, 
    No we didnt - Man Utd gave us a decent fee for him

We had no chance of keeping him, he left as an U18
  • I think we've surrendered after 30 mins. 
    CAFC twitter has, no more information since 2nd goal
  • Where has the swagger we had before their goal gone? I’m not surprised we’ve folded but it’s still disappointing. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Jacko has left himself open for criticism with his line up , playing 2 full backs at centre half against menace of a forward like Taylor 
    So 2 pacey defenders and a good CB against a menacing forward.
    I agree that was the thinking was but Robbo outhought Jackson and played two up top. And I'd also say Famewo is probably faster than Purrington in a straight sprint. 
  • Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·
    Stoppage in play as Inniss received treatment but the game is going again 

#CAFC 0-2 #OUFC
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    SQUARE PEGS
    ROUND HOLES
    IT NEVER FUCKING WORKS
    @Callumcafc
    Sigh 
    Never? You might want to share your insight with the top coaches around the world.
    Do you read what everybody says or do you have your head in the sand as the game goes on?

Purrington LWB if you have to.  Solid, not spectacular.   As a LCB a complete nightmare. 

This isn't the first time it has happened.  And Jacko was on the touchline each and every time. 

We have THREE proper centre halves on the bench and Desi who isn't even in the matchday squad.

Absolute suicide.

I won’t try to explain the idea behind not playing Pearce in that left sided centre back role for the 17th time.

The only two players who can play the role that Jacko is asking for (ie progress the ball, help overload the attacking areas) are Famewo and Purrington.

Famewo on form is the obvious choice. But he’s been woeful. So Purrington gets the nod.

Stop thinking about positions and start thinking about player roles.
  • Stats says it all:-

Shots
    Home1
    Away6
    Shots on Target
    Home0
    Away3
  • Sponsored links:

• Gilbey makes a tackle so powerful that Oxford keep knocking it around without breaking stride 
  • Croydon said:
    What's our plan B? 2 down at home and nothing's changed.
    He’s gone to the diamond at both Bolton and Wigan.
  • I do not know what the tweak was that JJ was alluding to, unless it was to only concede three goals, then we are doing OK at the moment
    There is a plan B. As normal it is that you cant  make any changes until the 79th minute 
  • Croydon said:
    What's our plan B? 2 down at home and nothing's changed.
    Spread out a bit, and try and keep it under 5 
  • Christ... The referee has told Oxford off for time wasting, does he not realise they dont need to!! 
  • Oxford United FC@OUFCOfficial·
    United with a long spell on the ball but Whyte's pass to Taylor is loose. Charlton come forward but McNally stops Lee in his tracks

#CAFC 0-2 #OUFC
  • Just got back down the A2 and 2 down already....

Sweet BeJeesus!
  • Stop the season I want to get off 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!