Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kurt Zouma

Comments

• Options
    @Henry Irving thanks for the very sensible and measured response to a post that made me very much want to ‘tell it like it is’.

Fair play to you sir, for a post that deserves every like it gets, and probably more. Sad they still walk amongst us. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    I wasn't going to look at the video but my husband found it and showed it to me.  I am horrified by what I saw, not only was the actual act despicable, but to actually have it videoed and for there to be a row of laughing emojis at the bottom of the video is unbelievable.

Zouma should not be playing for West Ham and must be made an example of. West Ham should have done what Man Utd have done with Mason Greenwood and stopped him training and playing. Violence towards animals is just as bad as violence towards people.

No, it is absolutely not.

I understand why you might state that violence towards animals is not as bad as violence towards people.
    There are many who might say it’s not the same thing, which is understandable given desired diet, but if Zouma went off on one at home and was filmed kicking his wife, children, dog and cat all in one session surely the viciousness of intent and action would be the same thing?
    You don’t agree with my perspective sure, but there are many people who would say the violence is the same, maybe even worse if it is towards an animal like it would be if it was violence towards a child.
    I would suggest that treating an animal the way Zouma has done is indicative of a susceptibility towards domestic violence too. I wonder how many degrees of separation there are between a man like Kurt Zouma and Mason Greenwood.

Correct - we don't agree.

That in no way diminishes my revulsion at what Zouma did, but I place human life above all other life forms - and diet has fuck all to do with it.
    I am not suggesting you’re not as appalled as everybody else about what Zouma did.
    My post was about how different people might view the sanctity of life.
    Sanctity of life. ~ Now you're talking. Was thinking this needed a mention in this thread. 
    I wondered, as people winced at the poor cat's treatment (which, goes without saying ~ is appalling)  if they would find it as appalling if it were an unborn child being hacked to pieces by an abortionist? 

We can be commended as a society for not contributing our taxes in the funding of the kicking of cats. But we show our true barbarism in how we treat the most vulnerable human beings..

Always baffles me this one. A society that thinks nothing of slaughtering the most vulnerable human beings but asks for the head of a bloke who kicks a cat?! 

A whiff of hypocrisy wending its way through this thread perhaps...

Talking of hypocrisy, don’t the 10 commandments say ‘thou shalt not kill’ yet Jesus ate fish?
  • Options
    I mean, bloody hell!!  
  • Options
    @Henry Irving thanks for the very sensible and measured response to a post that made me very much want to ‘tell it like it is’.

Fair play to you sir, for a post that deserves every like it gets, and probably more. Sad they still walk amongst us. 
    Thank you @Super_Eddie_Youds
  • Options
    We just need to learn to love each other.
  • Options

Talking of hypocrisy, don’t the 10 commandments say ‘thou shalt not kill’ yet Jesus ate fish?
    Oh dear!
    Time for a quick re-brand to the nine commandments...
    (Probably weren't Happy British Fish, either.)
  • Options
    We just need to learn to love each other.
    Including animals... 
  • Options
    Dear God, please please please let us have the first openly gay footballer - amen 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    I wasn't going to look at the video but my husband found it and showed it to me.  I am horrified by what I saw, not only was the actual act despicable, but to actually have it videoed and for there to be a row of laughing emojis at the bottom of the video is unbelievable.

Zouma should not be playing for West Ham and must be made an example of. West Ham should have done what Man Utd have done with Mason Greenwood and stopped him training and playing. Violence towards animals is just as bad as violence towards people.

I understand why you might state that violence towards animals is not as bad as violence towards people.
    There are many who might say it’s not the same thing, which is understandable given desired diet, but if Zouma went off on one at home and was filmed kicking his wife, children, dog and cat all in one session surely the viciousness of intent and action would be the same thing?
    You don’t agree with my perspective sure, but there are many people who would say the violence is the same, maybe even worse if it is towards an animal like it would be if it was violence towards a child.
    I would suggest that treating an animal the way Zouma has done is indicative of a susceptibility towards domestic violence too. I wonder how many degrees of separation there are between a man like Kurt Zouma and Mason Greenwood.

That in no way diminishes my revulsion at what Zouma did, but I place human life above all other life forms - and diet has fuck all to do with it.
    I am not suggesting you’re not as appalled as everybody else about what Zouma did.
    Sanctity of life. ~ Now you're talking. Was thinking this needed a mention in this thread. 
    I wondered, as people winced at the poor cat's treatment (which, goes without saying ~ is appalling)  if they would find it as appalling if it were an unborn child being hacked to pieces by an abortionist? 

We can be commended as a society for not contributing our taxes in the funding of the kicking of cats. But we show our true barbarism in how we treat the most vulnerable human beings..

Always baffles me this one. A society that thinks nothing of slaughtering the most vulnerable human beings but asks for the head of a bloke who kicks a cat?! 

No, a huge stink of disgusting  US style religious fundamentalism from you.

Your views and your attempts to insert them into every debate revolt me but are a useful reminder as to why I'm an humanist and just how desperate people like you are to drag us all back centuries, to deny women and minorities human rights and suppress hard won freedoms.

Great post and some how you managed to keep calm, well done.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, racism is now being discussed in relation to Kurt booting a cat.

I knew that was going to happen.

It is getting dangerous, repetitive and boring.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:

Jesus christ just ban this guy already. 
    I'm sure he wouldn't mind as much if Jesus was the one that banned him 

Where's @AFKAJesus ?
    Having a slap up supper.  Judas came into some money.

What's Sandgaard's view? - I would guess he would doubt that claim.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Where? 

Only if people have taken it upon themselves to racially abuse him because of the incident. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:

Where? 

Only if people have taken it upon themselves to racially abuse him because of the incident. 
    Apparently Michail Antonio has asked if the crime of kicking a cat is worse than racism - and whether it’d be ok for Zouma to be banned while racists continue to play.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Where? 

Apparently Michail Antonio has asked if the crime of kicking a cat is worse than racism - and whether it’d be ok for Zouma to be banned while racists continue to play.
    I think it's deflection to protect his friend and not a very clever point. 

Let's stick to just talking about the incident.

Don't have to get into the rabbit hole about racism that will derail the thread. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Edit: Removed as I agree with the point above.
  • Options
    Suppose his point of an '8 game ban' etc. is kinda ruined by the fact West Ham started him the other day....
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Where? 

Don't have to get into the rabbit hole about racism that will derail the thread. 
    This.  Why make the comparison, both are bad, bad things don’t need league tables.  
  • Options
    I never understand why people respond to such obvious trolls. Come on, he's talking about unborn children being hacked to pieces, even the most unsubtle troll would tut at the transparency of that. Just skip on past it and give it a miss, he'll go away if he doesn't get a bite
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I never understand why people respond to such obvious trolls. Come on, he's talking about unborn children being hacked to pieces, even the most unsubtle troll would tut at the transparency of that. Just skip on past it and give it a miss, he'll go away if he doesn't get a bite
    Unfortunately, he's not any old troll.

He's a religious fanatic. 

It's how they work.  Start out with some "mild" anti-woke/BLM/LGBT comments, bemoan the lost of values, slip in comments about a lack of faith and attacks on "Christian values" (sic), link Satanists with atheists and then BANG it's sick anti-abortion propaganda.

He won't stop because he thinks he's doing god's work.

The US is rife with them and they are getting more powerful over there.  

Thankfully, we are a largely secular country, even when people do have a faith it is usually a personal matter, but these fundamentalists aren't happy with that. They are a danger.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Where? 

This.  Why make the comparison, both are bad, bad things don’t need league tables.  

Just sounds like deflection of responsibility.

He wouldn't be discussing the racism topic if Kurt zouma happened to be white.

There will most likely be forms of racism always occuring. It is unfortunate and it's an embarrassment. It probably won't ever fully go away.

It is very clear though that there are plenty of campaigns to kick it out and it is discussed on a daily basis. It is a very unfortunate problem....but it doesn't need to be used as a shield.

If you behave like a c*nt....then you only have yourself to blame.

• Options
    I agree with Antonio about the scale of the outrage. Horrible thing for Zouma to do (and reveal about himself) and he doesn't deserve to own animals; his fine and donation to animal charities is indeed the least punishment he deserves. But sacking him? Hounding him out of (English) football? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that, given what we allow. Reminder that Ched Evans is a pro footballer. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I agree with Antonio about the scale of the outrage. Horrible thing for Zouma to do (and reveal about himself) and he doesn't deserve to own animals; his fine and donation to animal charities is indeed the least punishment he deserves. But sacking him? Hounding him out of (English) football? I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that, given what we allow. Reminder that Ched Evans is a pro footballer. 
    Most people that know anything about football knew he would get a fine and be allowed to carry on playing. Was never going to be sacked.