Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ivan Toney

Comments

• Options
    I wonder what odds Toney got when he bet that he'd miss a penalty today  ;)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Was Pope in goal for us when Taylor was taking our pens?
    My memory is awful 😞 
    Nah they missed one another by 2 years Pope to Burnley 2016, Taylor to us 2018.
    Thank you sooooooo much 🙏🏻
  • Options
    Banned from all football till Mid January 2024
  • Options
    Ouch. Better take him out of my Fantasy Team!
  • Options
    So, effectively, because of the timing, he's banned from playing for less than six months, will probably miss about 25 games and can return to training in September. He's been fined £50k but does this mean that Brentford won't be paying him for the whole of the eight months?  
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    He’d fit in well at the Valley.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Haven't Everton got Brentford last game of the season. 

Fix !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair point. Well if proven for that, then yes bang to rights and throw the book at them
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The rules around betting are ridiculous. Professional Sports participants are pretty much banned from having any interest in matches they aren't involved in. Why shouldn't they be allowed to have a bet on Man City murdering Southampton if they wanted to.
    Matt Le Tissier's story about attempted "spot fixing"

Spread betting had just started to become popular. It was a new idea which allowed punters to back anything from the final score to the first throw-in,' he says in his autobiography Taking Le Tiss.

'There was a lot of money to be made by exploiting it. We were safe from the threat of relegation when we went to Wimbledon on April 17 and, as it was a televised match, there was a wide range of bets available.

Obviously I'd never have done anything that might have affected the outcome of the match, but I couldn't see a problem with making a few quid on the time of the first throw-in.

'My team-mate had some friends with spread-betting accounts who laid some big bets for us. We stood to win well into four figures but if it went wrong we could have lost a lot of money.'

'It was set up nicely. The ball was to be rolled back to me and I would smash it into touch. It seemed to be going like clockwork. We kicked off, the ball was tapped to me and I went to hit it out towards Neil Shipperley on the left wing.

'As it was live on television I didn't want to make it too obvious or end up looking like a prat for miscuing the ball so I tried to hit it just over his head. But with so much riding on it I was a bit nervous and didn't give it quite enough welly.

'The problem was that Shipperley knew nothing about the bet and managed to reach it and even head it back into play.

'I have never run so much in my life. If there had been Pro Zone analysis back then my stats would have been amazing for the next minute as I charged around the pitch desperately trying to kick the ball out of play.

'Suddenly it was no longer a question of winning money. We stood to lose a lot of cash if it went much longer than 75 seconds before the ball went out.

'I had visions of guys coming to kneecap me. Eventually we got the ball out on 70 seconds. The neutral time meant we had neither won nor lost. I have never tried spread betting since.'

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The rules around betting are ridiculous. Professional Sports participants are pretty much banned from having any interest in matches they aren't involved in. Why shouldn't they be allowed to have a bet on Man City murdering Southampton if they wanted to.
    Nobody’s perfect but 232 times is a bit much 
  • Options
    Will he be able to have a splurge and do all his dough during the period of the ban?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Will he be able to have a splurge and do all his dough during the period of the ban?
    I’m going to hazard a guess and say probably not….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see both sides of the argument.

He knew the rules, he shouldn't have bet so he can't have any complaints. If he was that desperate for a bet, then bet on another sport.

However players have got away with much shorter bans for far worse offences. Ben Thatcher's assault on Mendes, Luis Suarez and John Terry for racism, Roy Keane's tackle on Haaland. I think Suarez also only got a 4 month ban for BITING a player!

I do however think it's stupid he isn't even allowed to train with the squad, that's ridiculous.
    But that is only for the first half of his ban (and no one will be training for part of that) and he is free to do so for the final four months of his ban. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Did he have a few quid on the only goal for Scunthorpe against us back in April 2018? 

The guy who gave the finger :D
  • Options
    So, effectively, because of the timing, he's banned from playing for less than six months, will probably miss about 25 games and can return to training in September. He's been fined £50k but does this mean that Brentford won't be paying him for the whole of the eight months?  
    Hopefully he'll not be paid, that will hurt him more than the ban.
  • Options
    Hopefully he'll not be paid, that will hurt him more than the ban.
    I bet (@10/1) he is gutted

Some of his "wage" will be made up of appearance money and goal bonus, so hopefully that will hit him, even if they continue to pay his basic.
  • Options
    Blow for Brentford next season, wouldn't be surprised to see them struggling 
  • Options
    Hard to believe the stupidity of footballers sometimes...
    Wanna bet on that?
  • Options
    At least he'll be back for the 1-1 draw on new years day.
  • Options
    Maybe now is the chance for the man to get help.

https://responsiblegambling.bet365.com/contact-us