Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meat Loaf - RIP

13»

Comments

• Carter said:
    Anyone who says they didn't like Meatloaf was a little bit dead inside, what a performer and voice 

It struck me today he never clarified what the 'that' was he wouldn't do for love. Not to my mind anyway which is a bit cool that it remains a mystery for my own rancid mind to pour over 

Rest in peace big fella 
    Got to be anal, can't be anything else surely?
    That was Justin Hawkins from the Darkness' theory 

I think its hard sports 
  • He says it in every verse of the song, it's a different thing each time all meaning the same nonsense.

And I would do anything for love,
    I'd run right into hell and back
    I would do anything for love,
    I'll never lie to you and that's a fact
    But I'll never forget the way you feel right now,
    Oh no, no way.
    And I would do anything for love,
    But I won't do that
    No I won't do that

• When I was a teenager / in my 20’s, I would ridicule people who liked Meatloaf - but, as I got older and wiser, I realised I had been an idiot - 

RIP big man - you made so many people very very happy
    Exactly this. With so many bands/musicians.
  • Meat Loaf live was special - I was lucky enough to see them 5 or 6 times. Great artist. RIP.
  • Classic Albums feature on Sky Arts now.

Brilliant artist and linking with Jim Steinman was pure genius.

Rest in Peace.
  • RIP - fly high
  • There was an excellent programme on BBC 4 last night about him and his first ever appearance in the UK on The Old Grey  Whistle Test....if nothing else watch that performance, it was quite 'shocking' I guess for the times!
    Quite brilliant.
  • There was an excellent programme on BBC 4 last night about him and his first ever appearance in the UK on The Old Grey  Whistle Test....if nothing else watch that performance, it was quite 'shocking' I guess for the times!
    Quite brilliant.
    "Meat Loaf: In and Out of Hell" is available on demand on BBC 4. Excellent programme.
  • Would he have survived if he'd taken the vaccine? 
    Quite brilliant.
    The performance of Paridise by the Dashboard Light on The Old Grey Whistle Test is (as the youngsters now say) epic.

The ending when they are screaming at each other is pure theatre. Also love the way Bob Harris just calmly turns to the camera after it as if he's just been watching a piano concerto by Bach.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrWalker said:
    Would he have survived if he'd taken the vaccine? 
    I missed this at the time. Great entertainer, but another silly sod.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/howard-stern-meat-loaf-covid-vaccine-b2000894.html?amp

• And I would do anything not to get jabbed 
    And now I'm dead.
    RIP Meatloaf.