Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An update ahead of the visit of Fleetwood Town this weekend

The club’s drive to Fill the Valley, a campaign launched in November ahead of the home win against Plymouth Argyle, has seen attendance figures rise at The Valley this season which has been very pleasing to see and much appreciated by everyone at the club including Johnnie Jackson and his players.

The campaign continues with season-ticket holders and half season-ticket holders currently being offered additional match tickets for this weekend’s home game against Fleetwood Town on a 'buy one, get one free' basis, once again giving season-ticket holders the opportunity bring fellow Charlton supporting friends or family members with them to a home match. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61e2c24f62b8e/an-update-ahead-of-the-visit-of-fleetwood-town-this-weekend

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    So you have to buy a ticket as a season ticket holder to get another one free ? 

😳
  • Options
    BOGOF....
  • Options

😳
    Surely that can’t be right? It doesn’t bother me as it’s clearly better than nothing and the club can’t afford to keep giving them away, but I can’t see many bothering with this one. 
  • Options

😳
    Season ticket holder’s can bring two guests for the price or one 

• Options
    so as a season ticket holder I have to buy another to get one free? Confused!
  • Options
    If we stay in this shitty league for much longer he will have to make all the tickets free.
    Clown 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarky said:
    As a ST holder I have the choice to either participate or ignore offers such as this, in that respect it doesn't bother me one way or the other what TS/the club comes up with. The thing what does bother me is when will TS realise that whatever he does some of our supporters will never be happy!
    Free away train travel will put a smile on my face.
  • Options
    Don't object to the promotional stuff just put a better team on the pitch, Charlton that is. 
  • Options
    Seems bit of a ridiculous 'offer' to me.  But then couldn't really understand the 3 free tickets.  Why not just offer all S/T holders one free ticket each...more likely that people would take up the offer and actually use them.  I undestand lots took up the 3 free seats offer - but many were left unoccupied...
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    This would have been a good offer to have done for the Plymouth game, get season ticket holders to bring other people at half price.  Instead now the offer is seen as an increase as 3 previous games were free.

Does not feel like a joined up thinking policy at present. 
    There is no joined up thinking policy as he does not have the right people at the club advising him.
    Bring in someone like Varney or Kavanagh and start looking like we know what we are doing. 
    I don't care how fucking hard his son can kick a football we are an embarrassment of a club.
    Are none of the staff capable of thinking through offers and promotions then ?

It’s not a brilliant offer by comparison to the free tickets before but it really doesn’t need former CEO types either. 

I agree it’s not necessarily joined up and is just something of a very minor offer but at least they are doing something. 

It will be of minimal take up I suspect but that is more to do with the football on offer currently not the  ticket choices. 

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    This would have been a good offer to have done for the Plymouth game, get season ticket holders to bring other people at half price.  Instead now the offer is seen as an increase as 3 previous games were free.

There is no joined up thinking policy as he does not have the right people at the club advising him.
    Bring in someone like Varney or Kavanagh and start looking like we know what we are doing. 
    I don't care how fucking hard his son can kick a football we are an embarrassment of a club.
    I assume your whole comment was a joke but the bit in bold really tickled me :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

What’s embarrassing is the over reaction from fans on here and on Twitter - You included 
    The take that fan clubs arrived. 
    That's a joke Beds
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Really don’t understand this offer, why have they made the offer, that a season ticket holder can buy two tickets and one will be free. My son and myself do not have seasons anymore, we pick and choose. Now this offer may well have appealed, and I could ring up and get two tickets for the price of one. 

However, I now have to bother a season ticket holding mate, to put himself out to do me a favour and order tickets, pay for them, and arrange to get them to me. There is no benefit in this offer to the season ticket holder themselves.

That’s bloody ridiculous, and based on recent performances, I will not be choosing this game. Though with ability to just ring up and sort for myself, I likely would have. Paying half the price to watch a poor halfway up the table team, would seem about fair.
  • Options
    We are an embarrassment on the pitch.  But off it a club to look up to, free tickets for local schools and season ticket holders friends or family, what’s not to love.  
    Agree.  There's obviously structural challenges given how off recruitment was in the summer.  Adkins didn't work out, and the questions over the continued use of the term 'Ladies' is frustrating in relation to the Women's team, however, turning us into a competitive outfit is just going to take time.  

Like everyone, I was hoping we would blow the league out of the water and of course frustrated at how the season's transpired, but you cannot fault TS' commitment and I think people are losing sight of that.  

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, he's not immune from criticism, but I think we've got to be a bit more understanding of how he's going about running the club.  I think every time (bar the women's team), he seems to have dropped the ball or changes need to be made, he's adapted imo.  

This summer is the key now.
  • Options
    We are an embarrassment on the pitch.  But off it a club to look up to, free tickets for local schools and season ticket holders friends or family, what’s not to love.  
    The fact that before a ball was even kicked in anger I stumped up for 2 season tickets - one for me & one for my lad. Now it appears I would have been better off buying just 1 ST & then getting a ticket o  a match by match basis, sometimes free. 

Also add to the fact that lots of people who cone on free tickets are'nt that bothered about watching the match. I spent the first 15 minutes of the Norwich game getting up & down to let latecomers pass & also having my view blocked by people getting into their seats. Almost missed Leko shot over the bar by having my view blocked.