Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Homophobic abuse at today's game (ed - Not Charlton fans)

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/january/club-statement

We are aware of the reports of homophobic abuse during this afternoon's match against Charlton Athletic.
We are saddened by the incident, which is being dealt with by the police. We will not be making any further comment at this time.

I don't know which set of fans this relates to, but have seen this on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    Why would they? Don't understand why this seems to be a thing recently. 
  • Options
    Come on it’s 2022 completed unrelated to anything to do with football and the game, no need for it. Ban them
  • Options
    Not good. No need for that kind of crap. As for the pitch invasion...oh dear. Couldn't believe it when that happened. We'd just equalised at mighty Cheltenham Town - imagine if we'd won? Sad times.
    It's sadly becoming quite common now

Also, did someone throw a bottle at the Cheltenham goalscorer as he celebrated?
  • Options
    Not good. No need for that kind of crap. As for the pitch invasion...oh dear. Couldn't believe it when that happened. We'd just equalised at mighty Cheltenham Town - imagine if we'd won? Sad times.

Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheltenham don't have a barrier on the side, I had to walk 20-30 yards pitchside to reach my seat. Obviously i didn't invade the pitch, but could see why a few drunken fans would.

Didn't see or hear anything homophobic thankfully
  • Options
    If there were arrests in the Charlton end, are they aware that we have a Proud Valiants team?

We dont appear to be the right sort of club for them to support if they're not aware - Seeing how much Charlton themselves provide support in this area of the community.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Cheltenham don't have a barrier on the side, I had to walk 20-30 yards pitchside to reach my seat. Obviously i didn't invade the pitch, but could see why a few drunken fans would.

Didn't see or hear anything homophobic thankfully
    When the fella scored for them and he did the knee slide in front of us, I was pleasantly surprised that no one walked onto to the pitch to have a word. 
  • Options

Yep - absolute tosser whoever it was. Seems to be a theme emerging, wasn't something chucked from north lower at an opp goalscorer recently too? Pathetic behaviour - what can we do to knock it on the head? Some kind of message from the club?
  • Options
    Maybe a message during games on how to report abuse but a few fans took exception to that.
    It was there during the last home game so those few fans are irrelevant 
  • Options
    Really depressing to hear of this. Needs to be stopped pdq. 
  • Options
    Said it a while ago, since football restarted it seems all round the country more and more people are doing what they can to get themselves banned or arrested. Football is the most policed and CCTVd thing you can get, I don’t understand why so many people are openly willing to so negatively impact their lives over such stupid things like pitch invading, flares, abuse and other easily evidenced playing up. 
    Booze ?
    That’s the only thing I can think of. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said it a while ago, since football restarted it seems all round the country more and more people are doing what they can to get themselves banned or arrested. Football is the most policed and CCTVd thing you can get, I don’t understand why so many people are openly willing to so negatively impact their lives over such stupid things like pitch invading, flares, abuse and other easily evidenced playing up. 
    Booze ?
    And it's easy to forget that nearly everything we do is monitored by someone.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Did not hear any homophobic abuse but the police did seem busy pointing out and filming a number of fans. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Maybe a message during games on how to report abuse but a few fans took exception to that.
    It was there during the last home game so those few fans are irrelevant 
    Thankfully
  • Options
    When they scored their 9 in celebrating in front of our end he was hit in the chest from a bottle thrown from our section

When we scored a small percentage of our away support went on the pitch
  • Options
    Shameful behaviour and it's embarrassing for the club.

Just get them out and banned from games 

• Options
    Big difference between homophobic abuse and couple people going on the pitch in the 95th minute
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the comments/chants were? The paedo one was heard a lot for some reason but I definitely didn’t hear any homophobic ones.
  • Options
    The small but lairy minority have always been there. You just notice it more as you get older