Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Options
    We know he’s crocked and can’t last 90’s, the biggest problem we have is that we’ve been so badly run recently that every time he’s come back he’s been desperately needed and required to start. 

If we can actually get a decent squad together where he’ll only ever be a really useful super sub then he may still have a role to play and his body may hold up better.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I can't find the speculation on P60 :/
    Here’s some wild speculation for you. 
    He was injured 3 months ago and hasn’t been mentioned by the club, or seen in training (AFAIK). 

He’s retired. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    JaShea99 said:
    How are people STILL getting his name wrong after this long? Jesus Christ.
    Who gets Jesus’s name wrong?
    Sometimes people put an "H" in between "Jesus" and "Christ". But a quick check of the online Bethlehem registry office records confirms he had no middle name. Schoolboy error. 
    I normally put an 'F' ing there.
  • Options
    I doubt anyone would ever declare Chuks to be fit.

Even if he was 'flying' in training, that may not be the case in the next half hour and who wants egg on their face?

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    We know he’s crocked and can’t last 90’s, the biggest problem we have is that we’ve been so badly run recently that every time he’s come back he’s been desperately needed and required to start. 

If we can actually get a decent squad together where he’ll only ever be a really useful super sub then he may still have a role to play and his body may hold up better.
    I get your point, but the guy started just 1 league game last season and came off the bench for 12.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    How are people STILL getting his name wrong after this long? Jesus Christ.
    It’s only been 2023 years, give it time.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    It’s sad that many posters are ridiculing Chucks. I’m sure that chucks is just as frustrated and  even more so for him than us. Please show some compassion rather than laughing about someone else’s misfortune. 
    I hope he doesn't visit this site ( some players do ) and see some of the comments in this thread.
    I find it fascinating that some of you forget that he is human. As frustrating as it is for us, it's tenfold for him.
    I doubt it £10k a week, holidays a plenty and as we all can see at the valley, he doesn't even warm up properly.

Stealing a living.
    Ridiculous comment.

I always remember John Gregory finding it hard to understand why Stan Collymore could be depressed when he was earning £20k a week.

That was probably 20 years ago.

You don’t know anything about Chuks so be careful with comments like that.
    It is true he has a lot of time off work to be with his family and friends. Wish I could get away with it. It is also true that he does not warm up correctly. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    It’s sad that many posters are ridiculing Chucks. I’m sure that chucks is just as frustrated and  even more so for him than us. Please show some compassion rather than laughing about someone else’s misfortune. 
    I hope he doesn't visit this site ( some players do ) and see some of the comments in this thread.
    I find it fascinating that some of you forget that he is human. As frustrating as it is for us, it's tenfold for him.
    I doubt it £10k a week, holidays a plenty and as we all can see at the valley, he doesn't even warm up properly.

Stealing a living.
    Ridiculous comment.

I always remember John Gregory finding it hard to understand why Stan Collymore could be depressed when he was earning £20k a week.

It is true he has a lot of time off work to be with his family and friends. Wish I could get away with it. It is also true that he does not warm up correctly. 
    You don’t get it do you?

As for the comment about not warming up properly, unless you see what the coaching staff want from him how do you know?
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing his season begin today at Welling United.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently Chuks has taken some radical steps to improve his fitness this summer...

• Options
    Addick_8 said:

Stealing a living.
    Ridiculous comment.

You don’t get it do you?

As for the comment about not warming up properly, unless you see what the coaching staff want from him how do you know?
    He definitely doesn't warm up properly. On match day at least. Don't know about training as I have never witnessed it. A few half hearted kick ups is not a warm up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Addick_8 said:

Stealing a living.
    Ridiculous comment.

You don’t get it do you?

Because everyone on this thread is a physiatrist, physiotherapist, financial advisor, insurance broker and knows exactly what Aneke is thinking at any given time.  Its remarkable really. 

I wonder if Ronnie Schwartz is over his "clear mental health issues".
  • Options
    Sorry, haven’t read through all this, has there been any update?
  • Options
    Yes, he’s not involved at Welling. Neither are Jones and Hector.
  • Options
    I like Chuks. Possibly our first proper striker since Taylor who you would always bet on to score. 

I was pleased when he came back and enjoyed being at the Cheltenham game to see his second debut and a goal to boot.

However I do anticipate he will start the first game of the season and then go off injured. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Scoham said:
    Yes, he’s not involved at Welling. Neither are Jones and Hector.
    All out for the season?;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    not a question of ridiculing Chuks, more a question of mocking the idiot who, must have been aware of his injury record yet still signed him to a multi year contract .. THAT was truly ridiculous
    All day long.
  • Options
    Chuks Aneke has picked up a fresh calf problem in the close-season, Dean Holden tells @BBCLondonSport #cafc

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Chuks Aneke has picked up a fresh calf problem in the close-season, Dean Holden tells @BBCLondonSport #cafc

I wouldn't bother sending him out to bat.
  • Options
    To be honest at this point i hope Chuks just calls it quits. Lets pay out his contract and save some money.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:

Stealing a living.
    Ridiculous comment.

You don’t get it do you?

Clearly a friend of family of his.

Fans are allowed opinions.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:

Stealing a living.
    Ridiculous comment.

You don’t get it do you?

I think I do.
    He is not earning the money the club pay him. Football industry has no resemblance to real life. 
    I am certain there are no coaching staff at Charlton who are happy with his contribution. 

• Options
    Surely when they resigned him they had some KPI’s in his contract….
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!