Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - speculation re 2023/24 season (p60)

Comments

• Options
    How long until he picks up another injury?
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    ....as long as it took for such a predictable comment  :p
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    You’re assuming he hasn’t already?
  • Options
    Looks like he’s back training by himself rather than contact training with the rest of the team. So not sure if that’s full training. Hopefully I’m wrong and they’ve just managed to get photos of him on his own 
  • Options
    I'd personally "risk" him on the bench for Saturday, assuming he comes through the training sessions ok. I think his presence will give the team a lift, even if he is only really able to manage a 10/15min cameo. Can't wrap in cotton wool forever.
  • Options
    Can’t be too careful with him. Put him on the bench for Exeter and continue with the 4-4-2 we had in the 2nd half against Oxford for lincoln
  • Options
    I assume he might not make this weeks game then.

Can’t wait for him to come on, and score,
    in his first game back - and for lots of people to say ‘told you so’ conveniently ignoring the fact that it’s not his ability in doubt but his fitness record. 

Just in case I can't reply then, I'm going to get in now......told you so 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bottom right looks like he will be dancing the Lindy Hop on Saturday night on Strictly.
  • Options
    Not sure whoever coined it on this forum, but still can't help but pronounce his name as Chucks A&Eke now!
  • Options
    Back in full training means beginning to get match fit, not being match fit.
  • Options
    I predict He makes the bench for the Pompey game on New Year’s Day. 
    If it takes him 3 months to knock up a bench it should be lovely, ornately carved, beautifully decorated, comfortable.
    Best of luck with his new trade
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    I predict He makes the bench for the Pompey game on New Year’s Day. 
    If it takes him 3 months to knock up a bench it should be lovely, ornately carved, beautifully decorated, comfortable.
    Best of luck with his new trade
    Dropped the carving mallet on his foot, out for another three months.
  • Options
    does everyone do "full training" on their own?

Most I believe, that keeps them fresh and total strangers to each other when they play.
  • Options
    I think this thread is developing a limp as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chuks in for Exeter game? Give him 15 mins. Gotta get a goal.

• Options
    Glovepup said:
    What sort of comment is that? jeez!
  • Options
    We certainly need some more options up front, so it's great news he should be back involved soon.

My concern is that having had a truncated pre-season and no involvement to date he may be back to square one in terms of fitness and especially match-fitness.

Will be great if he can come off the bench and turn a match or two for us, but I don't think we should be expecting him to start games or play 90 minutes any time soon. 
  • Options
    The Season Chuks Aneke was super sub and scored a goal every 100 minutes he was involved in 36 out of 46 games; only started a few games but he was available for x minutes from the bench.

Unfortunately after playing 95 minutes in his first game back from Birmingham he has hardly been fit for more than 3 games in a row. Sad for him and Charlton fans as he would be a major player for Cafc if only his body didn't keep letting him now which is increased by the doubts in his mind.

• Options
    Not sure whoever coined it on this forum, but still can't help but pronounce his name as Chucks A&Eke now!

Sorry couldn’t resist 
  • Options
    0/16
  • Options
    Another draw that you think could have been turned into a win if Aneke was fit. 

Hope he can make the bench for Exeter.
  • Options
     Broken clocks and all that, hat trick from the bench on Tuesday night.
  • Options
     Broken clocks and all that, hat trick from the bench on Tuesday night.
    Likely .  Then injured on Saturday 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!