Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall say "Don't be a Tosser"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Starting to go down a needless alley here, don’t think we need any more debate about that lot for now. 
  • Options
    Fuck me, for a club who proudly proclaim "no one likes us we don't care" their fans don't half bleat on about being unfairly treated and disliked by the masses.

Not the Millwall of old. Victimwall in 2022.

Wrong uns and inadequates at every club including our own. Yes the sanctimony from Charlton fans is a bit pious and i wonder how many are so shocked when I expect the 70s and 80s were horrific by comparison but that's the difference....the stuff is called out as wrong and idiotic by the majority rather than the minority. Difference is most Charlton fans are openly and vocally scornful of such antics and oddballs amongst their ranks whereas Millwall lap up the image and its part of the dna of the image of the club that jhas been carefully crafted and is continually embraced as otherwise they would just be another brentford  or Morecambe if it was just down to football matters.

Fuck me, for a club who proudly proclaim "no one likes us we don't care" their fans don't half bleat on about being unfairly treated and disliked by the masses.

Wrong uns and inadequates at every club including our own. Yes the sanctimony from Charlton fans is a bit pious and i wonder how many are so shocked when I expect the 70s and 80s were horrific by comparison but that's the difference....the stuff is called out as wrong and idiotic by the majority rather than the minority. Difference is most Charlton fans are openly and vocally scornful of such antics and oddballs amongst their ranks whereas Millwall lap up the image and its part of the dna of the image of the club that jhas been carefully crafted and is continually embraced as otherwise they would just be another brentford  or Morecambe if it was just down to football matters.

If Millwall want to be treated the same then they'll have to stop noshing off the notorious PR they've worked so hard to portray and maintain but there's no appetite to do it as they will just become (even more) irrelevant as a football club if they did.

Can't have it both ways.  Can't have the proper naughty geezer rep and go up and down the country fighting and embracing the "most feared club" bullshit culture in 2022 etc then cry when the media jumps on the bandwagon.

Pretty much every millwall fan i have met including mates and normal sound blokes absolutely toss themselves off over the rep and image supporting the club gives them by association and never ever call out the wrong un stuff.  It's dressed up as a siege mentality but that's romantic bullshit...they embrace it proudly or won't speak out against it as if they did it would diminish their image and "wallness" which they need to cling on to even harder now they live in semi detatched houses in suburbia and kent.

It's hilarious.

What a well thought out and produced piece. Having in the past been a regular at the Den with Millwall mates when couldn’t get to our away games, iv seen them in their natural habitat for many years. Your comments are spot on. As has been said many time lots of clubs have a small hooligan element pretending to be normal fans. Millwall have a large Normal element pretending to be hooligans.  Therefore objection to the actions of their real hooligan element, is at best to ignore it, at worse to try and accept some hooligan kudus by association. 

But, equally without the notoriety, they are just another Fulham or Watford.
    Or another Charlton?? 

The irony of these comments, coming from Charlton fans. You’re basically seen as the Reading FC of London football 😂
    Yep or another Charlton.  

I accept the Reading comparison and understand that no one outside of Charlton really has Charlton on their radar and I'm comfortable with that.  Christ, even people who live in Charlton don't even seem to have us on their radar going by the other club shirts on display round there and Woolwich.

Point being, taking away the notoriety image element associated with Millwall which is out of place in this day and age then I would expect the same.   Same as with Charlton, I imagine many kids round New Cross and Deptford are wearing Arsenal shirts (?) and that if it was purely down to football, rather than the image that is portrayed then you would be as equally irrelevant.

The club can't keep holding onto that manufactured and carefully maintained identity that was organic as a result of Millwall's environment back in the day and expect the media/ wider football not to point out how out of place and irrelevant it is nowdays. Might have meant something when the club was attended predominantly by dockers and those in the immediate locale in the harsh times of SE London in yesteryear and  even up to 30 years ago but it has been diluted by the fact many live relatively comfortable lives, jobs with H&S legislation, nice comfortable homes in one of the most prosperous parts of the world.  

I don't care that our club is perceived as bland and unimportant outside of those of us who love it and am happy with our club being what it is.  No one knows us...we don't care.

There's a bloke in Lewisham market who works with a West Ham baseball cap. 😃
  • Options
    In The Times today.

• Options

If Millwall want to be treated the same then they'll have to stop noshing off the notorious PR they've worked so hard to portray and maintain but there's no appetite to do it as they will just become (even more) irrelevant as a football club if they did.

Can't have it both ways.  Can't have the proper naughty geezer rep and go up and down the country fighting and embracing the "most feared club" bullshit culture in 2022 etc then cry when the media jumps on the bandwagon.

Pretty much every millwall fan i have met including mates and normal sound blokes absolutely toss themselves off over the rep and image supporting the club gives them by association and never ever call out the wrong un stuff.  It's dressed up as a siege mentality but that's romantic bullshit...they embrace it proudly or won't speak out against it as if they did it would diminish their image and "wallness" which they need to cling on to even harder now they live in semi detatched houses in suburbia and kent.

It's hilarious.

What a well thought out and produced piece. Having in the past been a regular at the Den with Millwall mates when couldn’t get to our away games, iv seen them in their natural habitat for many years. Your comments are spot on. As has been said many time lots of clubs have a small hooligan element pretending to be normal fans. Millwall have a large Normal element pretending to be hooligans.  Therefore objection to the actions of their real hooligan element, is at best to ignore it, at worse to try and accept some hooligan kudus by association. 

But, equally without the notoriety, they are just another Fulham or Watford.
    Or another Charlton?? 

The irony of these comments, coming from Charlton fans. You’re basically seen as the Reading FC of London football 😂
    I actually don’t have an issue with that. Similar types of club and what’s actually wrong with Reading. Although we are just “Us”.  An as iv said before always amuses me Millwall fans in their 40s knowing every detail about Charlton in the 70s hooligan days, when they weren’t even born. Because having been born in 1957 I would not profess to have clue about Millwall,s activity through the 30s and 40s.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Millwall fans stickered Champion Hill with anti-refugee and pro-Nazi propaganda the weekend before last at the women's match. Absolute scumbags (not all Millwall fans, obviously, but these people.)

Edit: Details of DHFC's chairman's response is on this thread: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/93337/hamlet-chairman-notes-on-recent-events-at-champion-hill#latest

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Deleted. Repetition. 
  • Options
    My first post on this thread. Hesitation. 
  • Options
    Is that "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue", in which case, surely your comment's deviation as well? If not, mine definitely is.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Stig said:
    My first post on this thread. Hesitation. 
    I would suggest some element of deviation as well.

Edit: Doh, just seen Ali's post (Just a Minute, not Sorry I Haven't a Clue)