Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Gomez leaves Liverpool January

2»

Comments

• edited January 2022
    I reckon we have 20%. Fully fit he is worth £75M+. Young, English, Ball playing CB.  He is not fit though so I have no idea what he would be worth. Probably a structured deal around performances meaning money to us on the drip but at 20% it should be a decent wedge as long as he doesn't see out his contract.
  • I can see him leaving in the summer for £40-50m. Though if he has a good end to his season and stays healthy that could go up. Real Madrid are apparently interested and given the way other young English players have done recently at foreign clubs it may be something he wants to try.
  • edited January 2022
    Why would anyone pay c.£50m for him? Has barely kicked a ball in the last couple of years, unlike Ben White who has barely missed a game in that time.
  • £50m for a fully fit Gomez would be an absolute steal (think Harry Maguire!!!). 

His trouble at the moment is his injury record, when fit he's a Rolls Royce of a player
    I'll be controversial here and say Maguire is streets ahead of gomez. I hope the lad does well, but c'mon, Maguire (despite his faults) is an excellent proven prem centre half.
  • YTS1978 said:
    £50m for a fully fit Gomez would be an absolute steal (think Harry Maguire!!!). 

His trouble at the moment is his injury record, when fit he's a Rolls Royce of a player
    I'll be controversial here and say Maguire is streets ahead of gomez. I hope the lad does well, but c'mon, Maguire (despite his faults) is an excellent proven prem centre half.
    Maguire is nowhere as good as people paint him to be. In fact he'd struggle to break the top 10 centre backs in the league, off the top of my head Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Dias, Laporte, Van Dijk, Varane, Zouma, Mings and Soyuncu are all better than him, and I'd say the likes of Gomez, Matip, Christensen and Sanchez are all close in ability to him too
  • YTS1978 said:

If both are fully fit then Gomez is a much better player, in my opinion. 
    If I was fully fit I’d be better than Maguire and I’m shit
  • YTS1978 said:

If both are fully fit then Gomez is a much better player, in my opinion. 
    If I was fully fit I’d be better than Maguire and I’m shit
    🎼You’re shit and you know you are….You’re shit and you know you are! 🎼
  • There will always be clubs willing to buy injury prone players, hoping for the best

Us for a start  ;)
  • sam3110 said:
    YTS1978 said:

Maguire is nowhere as good as people paint him to be. In fact he'd struggle to break the top 10 centre backs in the league, off the top of my head Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Dias, Laporte, Van Dijk, Varane, Zouma, Mings and Soyuncu are all better than him, and I'd say the likes of Gomez, Matip, Christensen and Sanchez are all close in ability to him too
    Mings???
  • Sponsored links:

• YTS1978 said:

Maguire is a liability for both Man U and England. Not his fault they paid £80m for him….
  • Gomez hasn't been injured at all this season. 

He has still only played 14 minutes of Premier League football. 

He's not better than Maguire and he's not one of the best centre backs in the world. He's a young player that still has a way to go, and has lost a lot of time in the past 4 seasons. 

• A fully fit Gomez would probably command a fee of roughly £50m, English, capped and has won both the Premier League and Champions League - With his injuries I'd still expect Liverpool to want £15-20m at the extreme least for him.

If we've got 10% sell on (I've got a feeling thats at the very least) then £1.5-2m would do wonders for us.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s edging towards the 20-30% range. They only got him for £3.5m so I hope we asked for a more generous sell on.
    K K K Katy, Pinocchio Katy was involved remember, they offered 30% sell on she got them down to 5% & asked the Belgian for a bonus for being such a great negotiator 
  • edited January 2022
    Gomez fit better than Maguire? Behave. HM has a bad game every once in a while in a poor united side but he’s fantastic for England. Seems that there has been a bit of a Euro hangover for English players in general, Rice the only player I can think of from the squad that’s been in form (James and Chilwell potentially before injuries).

Gomez had a fantastic future but he was quite mistake prone prior to the injury and since then even more so. His development has stalled massively. It’s a shame but he isn’t and, in my opinion, won’t be the player we all wished for.
  • Mings better than Maguire 😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • sam3110 said:
    YTS1978 said:

Mings…!??? Do me a favour, he’s an accident waiting to happen. Look how England improved at the Euros after Maguire came in for Mings.
  • sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gomez & Konsa at RCB & LCB respectively :sweat_smile:

With Aribo playing in front of them, maybe they can put a cheeky couple of bids in for Pope in goal and Lookman out wide
    Thats half my ultimate team there.. only do past and present players on fifa UT.
  • YTS1978 said:
    Why would anyone pay c.£50m for him? Has barely kicked a ball in the last couple of years, unlike Ben White who has barely missed a game in that time.
    White has played more but Gomez is a lot better. Just because he has had injuries recently, doesn't mean he always will.
  • sam3110 said:
    YTS1978 said:

Mings…!??? Do me a favour, he’s an accident waiting to happen. Look how England improved at the Euros after Maguire came in for Mings.
    Villa fan at work rates Konsa as being head and shoulders above Mings.
  • I spoke to a Villa fan after we played them recently who really rated Konsa.
    I have watched a lot of young players come through at Charlton, even since the days of Walsh and Elliott, in my view Joe Gomez is the best I ever saw come through.
    Not saying we haven’t had other brilliant players, but to me Gomez edges them all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Arsenal like broken players. 
  • seth plum said:
    I spoke to a Villa fan after we played them recently who really rated Konsa.
    I have watched a lot of young players come through at Charlton, even since the days of Walsh and Elliott, in my view Joe Gomez is the best I ever saw come through.
    Not saying we haven’t had other brilliant players, but to me Gomez edges them all.
    Billy Bonds?
  • sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gomez & Konsa at RCB & LCB respectively :sweat_smile:

With Aribo playing in front of them, maybe they can put a cheeky couple of bids in for Pope in goal and Lookman out wide
    Thats half my ultimate team there.. only do past and present players on fifa UT.
    Would be impressive if you could do future players to be fair.
  • LenGlover said:
    seth plum said:
    I spoke to a Villa fan after we played them recently who really rated Konsa.
    Billy Bonds?
    Good shout, but I only saw Billy Bonds when he made the first team.
    Awesome footballer.