Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Gomez leaves Liverpool January

If Gomez leaves January will we get a percentage of the sale? Or is Roland being cunning by getting that payment himself!

Comments

• DiscoCAFC said:
    If Gomez leaves January will we get a percentage of the sale? Or is Roland being cunning by getting that payment himself!
    He can't due to third party ownership rules can he?  I know he could in Belgium but its different in the UK. 
  • Surely all assets and liabilities outside of The Valley and Sparrows Lane sit with the club ie under Sandgaard's ownership and Duchatelet is now "only" landlord of those 2 prized assets.
  • Can only come to us I believe!  Newcastle anyone?! 
  • I believe Duchatalet sold the sell-on clause to Liverpool a while back for a quick buck didn't he?
  • I believe Duchatalet sold the sell-on clause to Liverpool a while back for a quick buck didn't he?
    Cawley confirmed this was not the case.
  • Although there was that tweet replying to Cawley suggesting that ESI sold it.

Cawley didnt reply, so hopefully he just couldn't be bothered to reply to something that wasn't the case
  • Doesn't look like he'll make a permanent switch this season:

• That Villa in the summer move makes a lot of sense
  • Gomez & Konsa at RCB & LCB respectively :sweat_smile:

• Sponsored links:

• I think you'll be overexaggering the fee of a player that has been injured more often than he has been fit since leaving us. 
  • Has anyone suggested a fee?
  • sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gomez & Konsa at RCB & LCB respectively :sweat_smile:

With Aribo playing in front of them, maybe they can put a cheeky couple of bids in for Pope in goal and Lookman out wide
    You've forgotten Shelvey running the midfield & Grant up front with Lookman.

Lord, we've sold some talent (mostly for peanuts) this last few years.
  • I think you'll be overexaggering the fee of a player that has been injured more often than he has been fit since leaving us. 
    It’s a bold move to get your negative spin in and bring the mood down to earth with a bump before anyone’s even said anything. 😉
    It’s a bold move to get your negative spin in and bring the mood down to earth with a bump before anyone’s even said anything. 😉
    Am I wrong? I can't see a team willing to buy him for a fee he would command when his injury record is as poor as it is. 
    Am I wrong? I can't see a team willing to buy him for a fee he would command when his injury record is as poor as it is. 
    Very wrong.

A player Liverpool aren't keen to lose and Real Madrid are keeping tabs on won't be going for peanuts.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Has anyone suggested a fee?
    sell on clauses are usually a % of any profit so talking about us seeing any money is suggesting that he'll be going for quite a substantial amount
    I refer you to @Dazzler21 ‘s question:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So once people start suggesting fees, then we can start analysing whether you’re right or wrong. Which was the point I was making. Obviously.
    😉
    Dazzler21 said:
    So once people start suggesting fees, then we can start analysing whether you’re right or wrong. Which was the point I was making. Obviously.
    😉
    Caring about the sell on fee implies people are expecting a decent sum for it. 

The player has played 14 minutes of football this season in the Premier League, and that's without injuries. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Let’s hope they can sell him to Newcastle , they are the premier league equivalent of Ipswich and are rumoured to be signing about 300 players!
  • edited January 2022
    Belv said:
    I think you'll be overexaggering the fee of a player that has been injured more often than he has been fit since leaving us. 
    Very wrong.

A player Liverpool aren't keen to lose and Real Madrid are keeping tabs on won't be going for peanuts.
    Having said that, he looks to be out of contract at the end of this season?

EDIT: Scrap that, I was looking at old news. He's contracted until 2024.
  • Belv said:
    Belv said:
    I think you'll be overexaggering the fee of a player that has been injured more often than he has been fit since leaving us. 
    Very wrong.

Having said that, he looks to be out of contract at the end of this season?
    Contracted till 2024. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11576952/joe-gomez-extends-liverpool-contract-until-2024
    Dazzler21 said:
    😉
    Caring about the sell on fee implies people are expecting a decent sum for it. 

The player has played 14 minutes of football this season in the Premier League, and that's without injuries. 
    I’m not arguing that. I thought that was obvious. Never mind, forget it. 🙄
  • sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gomez & Konsa at RCB & LCB respectively :sweat_smile:

With Aribo playing in front of them, maybe they can put a cheeky couple of bids in for Pope in goal and Lookman out wide
    You've forgotten Shelvey running the midfield & Grant up front with Lookman.

Lord, we've sold some talent (mostly for peanuts) this last few years.
    Taylor up top as well - after 72 mins 
  • edited January 2022
    A fully fit Gomez would probably command a fee of roughly £50m, English, capped and has won both the Premier League and Champions League - With his injuries I'd still expect Liverpool to want £15-20m at the extreme least for him.

If we've got 10% sell on (I've got a feeling thats at the very least) then £1.5-2m would do wonders for us.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s edging towards the 20-30% range. They only got him for £3.5m so I hope we asked for a more generous sell on.
  • A fully fit Gomez would probably command a fee of roughly £50m, English, capped and has won both the Premier League and Champions League - With his injuries I'd still expect Liverpool to want £15-20m at the extreme least for him.

If we've got 10% sell on (I've got a feeling thats at the very least) then £1.5-2m would do wonders for us.
    It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s edging towards the 20-30% range. They only got him for £3.5m so I hope we asked for a more generous sell on.
    Be surprised if that isnt on their minds too...

If we've got a 30% sell on and they sell him for £20m, well they're only getting £14m from that
  • £50m for a fully fit Gomez would be an absolute steal (think Harry Maguire!!!). 

His trouble at the moment is his injury record, when fit he's a Rolls Royce of a player
  • A fully fit Gomez would probably command a fee of roughly £50m, English, capped and has won both the Premier League and Champions League - With his injuries I'd still expect Liverpool to want £15-20m at the extreme least for him.

Be surprised if that isnt on their minds too...

If we've got a 30% sell on and they sell him for £20m, well they're only getting £14m from that
    It would be £15.05m.