Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Desmond Tutu RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    He also said ‘There comes a point where we have to stop pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why people are falling in’.
    Seems a perfect statement in relation to the poor desperate folk making dangerous channel crossings on flimsy rubber dinghys.
    We know why they are coming. What we need to be able to do is more easily distinguish between the varying reasons for it - but for a different thread
    Yes a different thread. To my thinking it was water that created the link, a river and the sea.
    Yeah, not like you to politicise a discussion
    Seriously?
    Holyjo list quotes but they’re not ‘political’. Like number 4.
    I mention one quote, and liken it to a humanitarian crisis and it is ‘political’?

Yes
    We're celebrating the life and mourning the loss of one of the great men of our lifetimes.  Park it elsewhere, eh?
    Yes, my point
  • Options
    Was my mum's neighbour in Kingston. "A lovely man." RIP
  • Options
    There is a Desmond Tutu peace park near Grove Park.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Been watching clips of him with the Dalai Lama.
    Didn’t realise they were such good friends.

Beautiful human.
    May he RIP ♥️ 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I shall think of you every time Charlton are hanging on 2-1 only to succomb to the inevitable 9th minute of extra time defensive howler! Tutu.

RIP
  • Options
    A remarkable man. RIP.
  • Options
    A remarkable man. RIP.
  • Options
    You can say that again.
  • Options
    A force for good throughout his life.
    RIP 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    He lived in Grove Park for a number of years in the 70's. Was honorary curate at St Augustines.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    seth plum said:
    He lived in Grove Park for a number of years in the 70's. Was honorary curate at St Augustines.
    Lived in Grove Park and was Curate at a local church from 1971-1974, has a memorial garden built for him in the wonderful Chinbrook Meadows.

An incredible man whose deep morality and impeccable Christian values played a crucial role in the struggle to bring down Apartheid in South Africa.
  • Options
    Exactly the sort of person who should have been a leading cleric, clear-sighted, moral and filled with a quantity of love that allowed for forgiveness of many more than the rest of us might manage.

A man filled with Holiness, without ever claiming to be, if there is a God, the one that secured his service would be the type I'd want to see.

RIP.
  • Options
    Whoops! My mistake. Desmond Tutu was my mum's neighbour (but one) when she lived in Chinbrook Road Grove Park (not in Kingston). She says he was the vicar at St Augustine's and she shook his hand a few times after services.
  • Options
    A man of peace and a force for good.

A ray of sunshine.

He will be missed.

RIP