Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th December 2021 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    If we beat Plymouth.... we'll possibly be just 5 points from the playoffs 😁
    and if it goes the other way it'll be 11 😱.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is the 18th guys
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Good work that 👍
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted   "the giant Centre-Back has struggled with injury since moving up from Surrey, and will be looking to make another comeback"

😂😂
  • Options

• Options
    Last time I went to a Plymouth Charlton game was a friendly about 15 years ago and I got food poisoning from a hot-dog so I always look forward to stuffing them.
    COYA
  • Options
    scidbox said:
    Last time I went to a Plymouth Charlton game was a friendly about 15 years ago and I got food poisoning from a hot-dog so I always look forward to stuffing them.
    COYA
    Should've stuck to the Cornish pasties
  • Options
    Earlier today I was walking in a @ForeverAddickted wonderland, really optimistic about tomorrow's game and anticipating another red & white goal-fest masterclass.

Now that Jacko's hands are definitely on the wheel of the party bus I've stumbled into a Golfie circle of hell and gone all pessimistic about the start of Argyle's new manager bounce, the end of our new manager baaaaance, and our lack of striking options.

Plymouth 0 Jacko's Warriors 2 ... Washy, Stockers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As it stands we're going to have full live comms of this game on BBC Radio London (via radio, you won't be able to listen online)
  • Options
    No Greg and Terry for the game as both have tested positive, so who will do the Charlton TV commentary?
  • Options
    That was just our new caretaker managers bounce.

Now for the real new managers bounce.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this! Especially with the news today and having an op on Tuesday meaning I can get out now! 
    If you see a handsome looking bloke hobbling around, come say hi 😂

2-1 Charlton - Washington and Gilbey 
  • Options
    New manager bounce 0-2.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Cheers mate I've updated - Didnt help I was writing in a rush as knew I wouldnt have time today.
  • Options
    scidbox said:
    COYA
    The last time i went Hugh McCauley signed from PAFC and played for us, think it was boxing day and we got the away day special for a fiver. F knows what the score was.
  • Options
    0-1 Stockley

The hunt for the top 6 continues.
  • Options
    0-1 Stockley

The hunt for the top 6 continues.
    You bet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Much appreciated FA thanks
  • Options
    Any covid absences for either side? Have to say slightly surprised but at the moment seems like it’s going ahead , although could all change in a morning of fresh tests I guess…
  • Options
    Anybody know if you can pick up tickets on the day?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Referee at Home Park is due to be one Craig Hicks, who reffed at The Valley for the Wigan game.  We impartial arbiters rated his performance 5 and a bit out of 10.  As Stockers alludes to in his recent SLP interview, the Addicks will need to be smart and not give these substandard nuisances opportunities to louse up these fixtures with their egos and sketchy grasp of the game.
    Argyle will be a tough prospect and the first goal will be crucial.  Even our injury depleted squad has enough to beat anybody in this division but Plymouth were top for a reason and they've been luckier thus far with injuries.
    While I'm at it, let's all be respectful and sensible of the ghastly presence of Covid, give each other plenty of space and accept that we'll need loads of time to get in, around and out of the ground.  By their actions will the bellends among us reveal themselves.  Don't be a bellend.
    5 and a bit for a ref on here is good.

Wishful thinking regarding people and COVID when you have people on here openly mocking others for wearing masks!
  • Options
    Can't get to the game because I'm on self-imposed isolation before Christmas - is there any way of watching this from abroad via CAFC Player? And from which country? Just so I can digitally teleport there tomorrow at 3pm
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited December 2021
    download express VPN.....pick a country, Australia, USA etc and Bob's your aunty. Meanwhile my alarm is set for 1.45am as usual.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Can't get to the game because I'm on self-imposed isolation before Christmas - is there any way of watching this from abroad via CAFC Player? And from which country? Just so I can digitally teleport there tomorrow at 3pm
    You should be able to watch it via VPN from any country which doesn't have live TV coverage
  • Options
    You should be able to watch it via VPN from any country which doesn't have live TV coverage
    Obviously not France.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I'm normally very positive on these threads but I'm having a Golfie moment with this one. Plymouth will be really up for this I think after we beat them the other week and started their recent decline in form, no doubt they will be looking to turn their recent run of results around and where better to do that than against the team that started it. Hoping our run continues but I can see this being a draw at best
    You certainly are as I came on here to post the exact same thing. 

Symmetry being what it is this match has all the hallmarks of being the opposite of a month ago. Then they were on a good run & hadn't lost in God knows when whereas we had just dropped points in our last 2 matches. Saturday will be our turn to be done over by a side looking to turn around their fortunes and for us to be stopped in our tracks.

2-0.......because that's the in vogue scoreline.
  • Options
    Feel a bit anxious about this one. Not sure we can keep up the intensity levels week in week out and there is no chance we will get underestimated by the opposition any longer.

We also seem to be less confident away from home under Jacko. 

Scrappy draw might suit both sides.

1-1 . Stockley off his shoulder or backside.