Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Redmidland's Happy Health Update - now with added mankini photos!

edited December 2021 in Not Sports Related
Its very rare nowadays that I start any new threads, and I thought about whether I should start this one, however for those of you that were with me in 'spirit' when I was admitted to hospital with Heart Failure 7 years ago this coming Monday, I thought you might like an update. I had a series of tests last week on the state of my 'ticker', today I had a consultation with my cardiologist.
It came as a complete surprise when he told me that my heart is nearly back to normal, only 2% behind a normal working heart, which is amazing as it was some 15-16% worse off when I was admitted. I have now been told I can stop some of the tablets I was on with immediate effect and can now live as normal a life as possible without going OTT.
I was gobsmacked when he told me, and absolutely stunned, I told him he has given me the best Christmas present EVER!
It's been a struggle, there have been ups and downs, 2 failed cardioversions, a few scares and, in secret, a few tears and mental struggles. I will never be 100% again, but I'm now between 95 and 98% better.
My thanks must go to the NHS, especially Kings Mill Hospital in Mansfield, Glenfield Hospital in Leicester and both of their fantastic Cardiology teams and both Senior Consultants, The British Heart Foundation and finally, but just as important, everyone on this forum who, when I was struggling to survive in those early days in hospital 7 years ago, sent me best wishes, prayers and thoughts.
Thank you for giving me the Best Christmas Ever......god bless you all.....whoever your god is.

Comments