Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 11th December 2021 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Playing a team in form could be tricky? Their striker is on fire and it needs to be seen how many fans turn up for this on the freebie? Might just not get over the ine, 1-1.
  • One more sleep 😁
  • Gutted I cant go! Gotta self isolate before an op! 

Cambridge will be up for it but I think our quality and form will see us through. 

2-0 Stockley and Pearce
  • Gutted I cant go! Gotta self isolate before an op! 

Cambridge will be up for it but I think our quality and form will see us through. 

2-0 Stockley and Pearce
    Good luck with the op mate.
  • Yeh, good luck your Royal Highness.
  • Redrobo said:
    Gutted I cant go! Gotta self isolate before an op! 

2-0 Stockley and Pearce
    Cheers mate! Appreciate that. Thankfully it isnt serious as such but necessary all the same! Hoping to be at Plymouth!   
  • Yeh, good luck your Royal Highness.
    Just Addick will do Soapy, no need for formalities :wink:

Thanks though mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

2-0 Stockley and Pearce
    Cheers mate! Appreciate that. Thankfully it isnt serious as such but necessary all the same! Hoping to be at Plymouth!   
    I have an op myself in January. COVID is a worry as you are a more vulnerable to both getting it and suffering after a general anaesthetic which is more of a worry than the operation itself! 
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

2-0 Stockley and Pearce
    I have an op myself in January. COVID is a worry as you are a more vulnerable to both getting it and suffering after a general anaesthetic which is more of a worry than the operation itself! 
    The thought had crossed my mind! Ive been waiting 2 years for the op so now or never I think. 

Ill say good luck to you now though as it will soon come around!
  • Last time we were in the same league as Cambridge was 92/93. Away fixture was 18th Aug (2nd game of the campaign) and the home game was 12th Sept (7th game of the season)

Seems weird that we'd play the same team twice so early in one season - is there any reason this happened?
  • Cambridge have a knack of scoring goals. They’ve only failed to score once in 20 this season. We will need two goals to win. And I think that’s what we’ll get.

2-1 Charlton
  • Is today’s game on live streaming?
  • Is today’s game on live streaming?
    If you live overseas or have a dodgy link 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Cambridge away 92/93 was a special game for me, my 25th birthday, we lost 1-0 but, it was the last game my Grandad ever attended. He had a light and bitter in a pub near the ground and moaned about how rubbish we were for 90 minutes solid.

A Normandy veteran,  he was born in 1920 to a dad who lived in Eastcombe Road and fought in the Great War, I have long awaited this game, bollocks to the boat race, tomorrow is about you Grandad! 

Live, love, laugh and be happy! 
    @SE7toSG3 what regiment was your great grandad in?  My grandad lived in Lenthorpe Rd and Woolwich Rd and went off to the front in 1916.  Living so close, they may have ended up in the same unit.
  • shirty5 said:
    Is today’s game on live streaming?
    If you live overseas or have a dodgy link 
    Sadly neither!
  • LouisMend said:
    Last time we were in the same league as Cambridge was 92/93. Away fixture was 18th Aug (2nd game of the campaign) and the home game was 12th Sept (7th game of the season)

Seems weird that we'd play the same team twice so early in one season - is there any reason this happened?
    Thats a good one! I am old enough to remember the times when you played the same team home and away over the Easter weekend. I think it was the 60's
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember going to their ground back in both the 80s and 90s dodging cow pats as you walked through the field on the way to the ground
  • think we are underestimating Cambridge

0-2
  • Any tickets in the north upper going today? Drop me a message please. Regards. 
  • think we are underestimating Cambridge

0-2
    Dont see why we should... Our record against the promoted sides has been excellent this season ;)

Cheltenham (L: 2-1) - Bolton (L:4-1) - Morcambe (D:2-2)
  • Can't be there. Boo Finney for me please. 
  • I was going to come on & say that we should win this one but then I saw they had Wes Hollihan playing for them. Always rated him.

As we seem to win when I predict a defeat I'm going for another 2-0 reverse 😉. 
    I think Hoolihan is injured
  • LouisMend said:
    Last time we were in the same league as Cambridge was 92/93. Away fixture was 18th Aug (2nd game of the campaign) and the home game was 12th Sept (7th game of the season)

Yes, because they played the most ugly, boring, crap football ever seen in the history of the football league, we made a request to get them over and done with asap.

Beating Cambridge is still therapeutic for those of us who had to suffer them then.
  • I expect us to win, but it will be tight

I forecast a 2-1 win, so will be the person celebrating when they get a consolation goal with the last kick of the match
  • Bit nervous about this one for some reason, despite the performance against Ipswich.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Bit nervous about this one for some reason, despite the performance against Ipswich.
    Cambridge won 5-0 midweek and are everything Ipswich aren't. Hard working and united. They won't be walkovers