Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 11th December 2021 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Anyway, I don't associate Cambridge with the Boat Race at all, which is why it didn't come to mind. Hated rowing, found most rowers to be dullards, pointedly avoided the Boat Race (it was my policy to play football in the park while it happened). I associate the town with begowned arseholes thinking they've absolutely cracked life and are now a superior breed of people. Have never returned since. That said, CU are very much the club of Town rather than Gown so I can't hate 'em. Wish I'd gone to a few of their games, but their stadium was a very, very long walk out. Only visited it once; not a match day alas. 
    Bloody Cambridge left wing intellectuals ;-)
    (Quote from my dad)
  • Well done FA, but is leaving out Gunter another deliberate mistake?
  • I can only see one result here. 
    What's that?
    What's that?
    Come on now...we have to wait till 5pm Saturday for that one...usual fence sitting here.. ;)
  • Smithy said:
    Really looking forward to this one but don't think it will be as comfortable as Ipswich. 2-1 Charlton.
    Get your point but we were only really comfortable in the 88th minute thanks to Gilbey's strike, up till then, they could have got something they didn't deserve.
    Yes, maybe comfortable was the wrong word. What I meant was I don't expect Cambridge to be as sh*t as Ipswich :smiley:
  • Another win , 2-0 JJ/JE to get the job. The bandwagon is well and truly up and running! 
    ALL ABOARD!!!
  • I'll go for a 3-1 home win. Probably overly optimistic, but heh ho ........ ho ho.
  • ross1 said:
    Well done FA, but is leaving out Gunter another deliberate mistake?
    I played it extremely safe and went with the same team from Tuesday

Be surprised as well though if Gunter doesnt replace Souare on the bench
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2021
    Just remember what happened after the win against Plymouth  … this is a banana skin 
  • Another 2 nil win
  • Smithy said:
    Really looking forward to this one but don't think it will be as comfortable as Ipswich. 2-1 Charlton.
    Get your point but we were only really comfortable in the 88th minute thanks to Gilbey's strike, up till then, they could have got something they didn't deserve.
    As much as I thought Ipswich always had the potential to grab something at 1-0, that was only because the score line was what it was, and Ipswich have the talent they do.

In reality they barely had a sniff, and it was actually quiet comfortable as we were running things around them.
    Is that why The Coveted End were singing The Addams Family song?
  • Fantastic performance on Tuesday, but for some unknown reason I feel nervous about this one and can see us dropping points. I really hope I am wrong and that JJ can motivate his merry men to another barnstorming performance. Heart says 3-0, but head says a disappointing 1-1.
  • Smithy said:
    As much as I thought Ipswich always had the potential to grab something at 1-0, that was only because the score line was what it was, and Ipswich have the talent they do.

In reality they barely had a sniff, and it was actually quiet comfortable as we were running things around them.
    Fair enough, but we were making it uncomfortable for ourselves in the mean time due to our own inadequacy, but hey, this is not the post match thread..let's just beat Cambridge.. B)
    It was comfortably uncomfortably is how I would explain it ha ha 
    I thought it was uncomfortably comfortable. 
  • Fantastic performance on Tuesday, but for some unknown reason I feel nervous about this one and can see us dropping points. I really hope I am wrong and that JJ can motivate his merry men to another barnstorming performance. Heart says 3-0, but head says a disappointing 1-1.

Let's be honest here, plenty of lifers felt nervous about Tuesday, maybe even you, and yet we knew it would be fine...same Saturday, no problem another win, not too concerned what the score is, or who scores, just another clean sheet win will do... B)

• Looking forward to tomorrow's game at The Valley? Here's some advice ahead of your trip to SE7 to help ease congestion...
    Arrive early
    Avoid bringing bags
    Don't use 'print at home' tickets to scan on mobile

• Sponsored links:

• Season-ticket holders are able to 'tap' their cards at the turnstiles, rather than scan the barcode, for quicker entry.

• Fans with multiple tickets on their phones should enter the turnstiles last. This stops them having to pass their phones back to their friends and family at the turnstiles.

• West stand car park
    From 1.45pm until kick-off
    Most in-need items 

• After a slow start the train is starting to get up steam !
    The players are up for it, the fans are up for it, another 3 points in the bag and bring on the next game. 
  • Leuth said:
    Anyway, I don't associate Cambridge with the Boat Race at all, which is why it didn't come to mind. Hated rowing, found most rowers to be dullards, pointedly avoided the Boat Race (it was my policy to play football in the park while it happened). I associate the town with begowned arseholes thinking they've absolutely cracked life and are now a superior breed of people. Have never returned since. That said, CU are very much the club of Town rather than Gown so I can't hate 'em. Wish I'd gone to a few of their games, but their stadium was a very, very long walk out. Only visited it once; not a match day alas. 
    Best education ever right there 😂
  • I was going to come on & say that we should win this one but then I saw they had Wes Hollihan playing for them. Always rated him.

As we seem to win when I predict a defeat I'm going for another 2-0 reverse 😉.