Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First single you bought

124»

Comments

• In the Summer Time    Mungo Jerry
    Number 1 when I was born
  • No Particular Place To Go - Chuck Berry
    Love the instrumental 'Liverpool Drive' on the b side too.
  • limeygent said:
    Theme From "A Summer Place", Percy Faith Orchestra.
    Couldn't place this, had to get it up on Youtube where I recognised it instantly, reminded me of cinema music.  Anyway, you're not alone 18.5 million views.
  • Whiskey In The Jar - Thin Lizzy. A timeless classic!
    Number 1 when I was born
    God, you certainly know how to make someone feel old... :(
    Number 1 when I was born
    God, you certainly know how to make someone feel old... :(
    As my Dad used to say ‘you’re as young as you feel, and I haven’t felt anything young in ages’ 😃
  • limeygent said:
    Couldn't place this, had to get it up on Youtube
    Can you post the link please?
  • Somebody Help Me Out - Beggar & Co (7 inch)
    Walking on Sunshine - Rockers Revenge (12 inch)
  • limeygent said:
    Couldn't place this, had to get it up on Youtube
    Can you post the link please?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiS-v6_6M
  • lolwray said:
    Embarrassed to say ..2 little boys ..by he who cant be mentioned 😊😊

My tastes have matured since 
    You prefer big boys now?
  • Sponsored links:

• The liquidator only because the Beatles single was sold out.
  • Would love to claim it was the Who's "Can't Explain" . I certainly did  buy it, but I fear there were a couple of mis-steps before this first step on the right path....
    I applaud your honesty.  So easy to go to the "first reasonably cool" single you bought.
  • Think i can claim youngest on here based on this thread. 
  • I think it was crazy town - butterfly.

Purchased a tape of it from Woolworths in welling.

Feels like a lifetime ago. I was probably aged 9/10. F*ck knows
  • First single I actually bought was Remember You're A Womble, bought it for my sister for Christmas. First single I bought for myself was GIrls Girls Girls by Sailor.
  • First single I actually bought was Remember You're A Womble, bought it for my sister for Christmas. First single I bought for myself was GIrls Girls Girls by Sailor.
    Brave.

Finchy should jot this down
  • Love at First Sight by Sounds Nice - otherwise known as the instrumental version Je t'Aime Moi Non Plus.
    I was 12 and asked my mum to buy it for me in Medhursts, Bromley. It had been released in a plain cover, with the words "Interdit aux moins de 21 ans" (forbidden to those under 21), which I suspect my mum used as an excuse for not letting me have the original.

I've always like the organ ever since.
  • I Want You Back by the Jackson 5, bought in Woolworths in Orpington. When I got it home it jumped so had to take it back and replace it
  • JamesSeed said:
    Love at First Sight by Sounds Nice - otherwise known as the instrumental version Je t'Aime Moi Non Plus.
    I was 12 and asked my mum to buy it for me in Medhursts, Bromley. It had been released in a plain cover, with the words "Interdit aux moins de 21 ans" (forbidden to those under 21), which I suspect my mum used as an excuse for not letting me have the original.

I've always like the organ ever since.
    Are You Looking For A Kenneth Williams Impression
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

So you are partly to blame for me having an embarrassing No1 on the day I was born  :(
  • lolwray said:

So you are partly to blame for me having an embarrassing No1 on the day I was born  :(
    I think it's a beautiful song. It tells a sad story about the travesty of war.

Why can't people see that everyone does good and bad? Rolf Harris is not the devil incarnate.
  • Apache by the Shadows with my saved up pocket money, when I was at Primary School.
  • lolwray said:

Why can't people see that everyone does good and bad? Rolf Harris is not the devil incarnate.
    😳

I’ve always hated it.
    Same as I never really like RH.
    But to say everyone does good & bad & he’s not the devil………..think you might find you’re on your own there.
  • lolwray said:

There is good, there is bad, and there is heinous. 

• Green Day - Basket Case.
  • Billy Cotton The dambusters. Down east st market 1954