Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• cafctom said:
    Still can’t get my head around the idea that Chris Gunter is considered a hero to an entire country
    It’s nothing compared to Neil Etheridge! 
  • Comes back with a groin strain
    Let's hope so
  • Sponsored links:

• He had a very good game in his last game for us.
    Any player is only as good as his last game.  :wink:

• The current Wales contingent really have developed some sort of siege mentality about them and I think a lot of them only really care about playing for country over club.  Bale has given up at Real and they’re still very much dinning off their Euro 2016 semi final.  

I truly believe every intl meet up the rest of them are all kissing Bale’s backside as if he’s some sort of Pied Piper.  Was really hoping they’d miss out on the play offs and the only reason they’re in them is because we’ve got some real dross in the qualifying groups now.

Would be great to see them miss out and that will be the end of them for a while imo.  Bale has been the talisman, and when he goes, I can’t see any other talent coming through that will get them to the heights of what they achieved 5 years ago.  Massively punching imo 
  • How does happily posing for photos all night just having a few drinks get converted into on the lash with fans?  Was that a Welsh/English screw up on Google translate?
  • He aint Reza ❤️
  • cabbles said:
    The current Wales contingent really have developed some sort of siege mentality about them and I think a lot of them only really care about playing for country over club.  Bale has given up at Real and they’re still very much dinning off their Euro 2016 semi final.  

I truly believe every intl meet up the rest of them are all kissing Bale’s backside as if he’s some sort of Pied Piper.  Was really hoping they’d miss out on the play offs and the only reason they’re in them is because we’ve got some real dross in the qualifying groups now.

Would be great to see them miss out and that will be the end of them for a while imo.  Bale has been the talisman, and when he goes, I can’t see any other talent coming through that will get them to the heights of what they achieved 5 years ago.  Massively punching imo 
    Bit weird. 
  • edited November 2021
    I’m not fond of Wales either. I enjoyed watching their 2016 run but a number of their players have made it clear that they have it in for England. 

Remember when their entire squad celebrated whilst watching us get knocked out to Iceland? Even though a decent number of them are actually English?

As for the argument about how well they’ve done in recent years…..Crystal Palace have stayed in the Premier League for nearly a decade - doesn’t mean a Charlton fan would like them.

I get that tribalism in club and international football aren’t always the same, but if another country’s players and fans constantly want to have a go at England then I’m not going to warm to them - simple as that! 
  • I really wanted to see him do well V Morecombe. A player with so much experience. From his defending, to his passing. None of it suits the team we have been playing like of late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not nice Gunts
  • Was he still drunk?
  • Really unprofessional in just about everything he has done recently, cost us2 points yesterday. For a so called senior member not good enough, get rid onc players are back fit please.
  • Really unprofessional in just about everything he has done recently, cost us2 points yesterday. For a so called senior member not good enough, get rid onc players are back fit please.
    He was good against Plymouth but he let us down last night.  Again.
  • Too soft and easy to bully at centre-back, too stand-offish with his closing down at full back and nothing going forward - both result in "Gunter tax" of at least a goal pretty much every time he plays*. I don't dislike him but do find his international career baffling. Hope we stick Deji in CB for Shrews.

*he does have the odd good game at RB.
  • cafctom said:
    I’m not fond of Wales either. I enjoyed watching their 2016 run but a number of their players have made it clear that they have it in for England. 

Remember when their entire squad celebrated whilst watching us get knocked out to Iceland? Even though a decent number of them are actually English?

As for the argument about how well they’ve done in recent years…..Crystal Palace have stayed in the Premier League for nearly a decade - doesn’t mean a Charlton fan would like them.

I get that tribalism in club and international football aren’t always the same, but if another country’s players and fans constantly want to have a go at England then I’m not going to warm to them - simple as that! 
    Couldn't agree more. 

• To be fair, the way he gets pushed about and bullied in that video should've warned us about what was likely to happen last night!
  • edited November 2021
    Mametz said:
    cabbles said:
    The current Wales contingent really have developed some sort of siege mentality about them and I think a lot of them only really care about playing for country over club.  Bale has given up at Real and they’re still very much dinning off their Euro 2016 semi final.  

You really don’t like Wales do you?

As a denizen of Wales, I think I should point out that Bale has missed a number of games in the qualifying stages. Last week he only played for one half of a game which was against Belarus. Wales were 2.0 up when he went off injured at half-time and Wales went on win 5-1. He didn’t play at all against Belgium, currently rated the No1 team in the world, which Wales drew1-1 and came very close to winning it in the last few minutes.

Bale is their best known player and most talented player but they are far from being a one man team. They have reached the knock out stages of the last two Euros and have a very real chance of reaching the World Cup finals next year. Not bad for a country of just over 3 million where football is in genuine competition with Rugby Union to be the most popular sport.
    Don't think Wales can really use that argument seeing as the vast majority of their squad learned their trade playing in the English leagues. Also, how many of the current squad are Welsh born (50%?)?  Small, but relavant points when using that specific stat imo

At least Scotland show willing by at least having a half decent national league system.
  • I still think he’s unlucky not to get the decision in his favour last night. Didn’t think you were allowed to shield with a straight arm, didn’t think you were allowed to pull shirt to make him fall. Lino had a perfect view. Saying that, he needed to be stronger in that battle still.