Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th November 2021

Comments

• Very spicy game. All Kettle’s (linesman’s) fault for sending off two players for rolling around on the floor together. 
  • edited November 2021
    Off_it said:
    Didnt post on the preview thread but now looking at our team I cant see us winning this one.

1-0.......and the undefeated run goes for a Burton. 
    Why? Nothing wrong with the team! Washington would have started in front of Davison but that’s still a strong looking team
    Oh come on mate! Look who posted the comment.

Now, do you really, I mean really, need to ask "why?".
    Why what...?  Why did I post that we would lose. 

Maybe because we have just 2 strikers in the whole squad. Yes, another  player could score (like Lee or DJ)  but Kirk, or CBT wont trouble the scorers. 

As I said, get an injury early on to one of the front 2 then we have no recognised striker to replace him. Burstow must be on a high so he should have been on the bench. 
    Ha ha ha......point justified  !!

Ok, not an injury but none the less......we have just 1 striker to play the remaining 60 mins.
  • Not sure this game will finish 10 a-side. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Purrington is having a storming season since Jacko came in
    Son of Jacko ....... playing the Jacko way, ghosting late into the box.

I think you might be onto something. Jacko came in as an emergency left back as well didn’t he?
  • This is never going to finish with 20 men on the pitch and 2 managers on the bench. 

• 29. This is all getting very tense now - some heavy tackles flying in and both managers now having words on the touchline, all stemming from that initial incident with the red cards.
  • Probably come back to bite me but Burton look pretty dire
  • Another yellow card Jalyesimi for kicking ball away
  • Terry commentating on the ref rather than the game. Just leave it to Stubley, please.
  • Throughly enjoying this, just need to hope Kettle doesn't screw us over
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Purrington is having a storming season since Jacko came in
    Son of Jacko ....... playing the Jacko way, ghosting late into the box.

I think you might be onto something. Jacko came in as an emergency left back as well didn’t he?
    Yup, was just thinking that. All that's left now is to turn Purrington into a box to box midfielder. 
  • Fuck me Kettle will book you if you change direction to quickly. Just ruins what should be a good game of football.
  • What did Golfie say about “If we lose one of the strikers??….”
    Completely different context though. We aren’t going to bring on a striker for a midfielder after a striker got sent off
  • Kettle needs to get a hold of this before it all boils over.
  • Scoham said:
    And some laughed when it was suggested Purrington could get into double figures. Third goal of the season for our false 3 (left back who drifts into striker positions).
    Just came on here to say basically this so thanks for saving me the effort Scoham!
    1. 31'

Booking

Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card.

• Two reds, two yellows so far
  • MKD 2-0 Cambridge
  • 31' Kettle books Jaiyesimi for kicking the ball off the hoardings. It's going to be one those days, lads! #bafc 0 #cafc 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that now 6 Charlton players Kettle has sent off in 15 times of officiating? 
    Shocking inept  referee ....... always hiding behind his cards.

Have the courage to officiate the game without making yourself the star of the show, you cretin! Grrrr!

• stonemuse said:
    Two reds, two yellows so far
    Kettle is only just warming up
  • edited November 2021
    Kettle certainly knows how to fuck up a game, this is farcical, DJ booked for kicking the ball into the pitch hoardings, he has not got a clue this prat of a ref..
  • Lee and DJ deservedly booked though. DJ was fucking stupid to boot the ball there knowing what this ref is like.
    1. 34'

Post update

Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 34'

Post update

Foul by Conor Shaughnessy (Burton Albion).

• ct_addick said:
    This fucking ref is a joke
    He always has been. Theres not many decent refs at our level but hes another level of shitness. Awful.
  • MKD 3-0 Cambridge
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!