Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

** Charlton Life Trip to Normandy June 2022 **

Comments

• I must try to get to this sometime soon.
  • Clive's field trip holdls the attention of his students
  • American Cemetery at Omaha

Thanks for the memories. Your photographs are fantastic!
  • Sevensix said:

Another five minutes and we'd have been cut off by the tide and wading ashore. 
  • Sponsored links:

• You were lucky to avoid this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10931701/amp/Kitesurfer-killed-eight-injured-sudden-mini-TORNADO-hits-Normandy-beach.html

Apparently it was totally unpredictable. I hope it wasn't due to @LargeAddick 's baked beans. Seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

Seriously though, RIP the kitesurfer, and Bon Récupération aux autres.
  • A small part of Omaha cemetery.
  • thanks for the photos - does this trip happen every year folks? would like to go one year  
  • Not every year no. But we have been to Ypres, next The Somme and this year Normandy. We might get more adventurous next time 🤔
  • Fantastic photos, looks like you are having a good one. I have been lucky enough to do this trip with another club and it is every bit as good as it looks, anybody thinking about this don't hesitate, you will not regret it.
  • Not every year no. But we have been to Ypres, next The Somme and this year Normandy. We might get more adventurous next time 🤔
    Iwo Jima?
    How about:

http://www.vendee-guide.co.uk/memorial-de-la-vendee.htm

Afterwards, you can all come back to our place for a massive booze-up pool party.😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Was very disappointed I had to drop out of this quite late on. Absolutely gutted in fact. Was looking forward to seeing some friends from previous trips and from CL of course. If there is another trip in the future my name is already on the list. Glad it was a success. 
  • I had no idea there were so many wonderful and heart felt memorials in Normandy .. thanks for the terrific photos and write ups