Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match/Post-match (p16) Thread: FA Cup 1st Round: Charlton v Havant & Waterlooville : 6 November 2021

Comments

• Rubbish

Poor passing and lack of effort. A few players out there should have seen today as a chance to impress Jacko, instead they're proving why they're not playing. I suspect Jacko will bollock them and give then 20 minutes to turn it around
  • edited November 2021
    First time in the ground for I don't know how long. Only here as there is no stream. Absolutely miserable.

CBT, Kirk, Morgan and Davison all woeful.

Playing at walking pace, Havant have barely had to break sweat to keep us at bay.

Given that all of the above would be looking to make an impression with players missing next week. you'd expect more.

Stats will say all us, but the Havant keeper hasn't been tested once.

Odd that we can still pull out an Adkins-esque performance without him being anywhere near the club

Don't be surprised is Havant nick it 1-0 late on
  • The heat map for this game is two red spots in either corner of the H&W 6 yard box 
  • Have the entire Upper Covered End skipped this game, there's a complete lack of any home singing
  • I don't know if it's a planned tactic, but we seem to be shooting from distance a lot today. Ineffectively
    8 shots this half, all from outside the box
  • Have the entire Upper Covered End skipped this game, there's a complete lack of any home singing
    Give us something to sing about.
  • sam3110 said:
    This is the equivalent of an England qualifier. People getting upset about the quality of football from 9 changes against a team playing their biggest game in years. I’d take a 1-0 and get it out the way.
    No it's not, just say it how it is VG, it's a disappointing performance from a group of players that need to convince JJ that they deserve to be in his plans moving forwards.

Based on today so far, none of them should be featuring any more than they already do.

Washington and Gunter are missing next week so JJ will have to make 2 changes at least, CBT, Davison and Kirk should all be vying for Conors starting role, and as of this half, none of them deserve to be given that opportunity, and it's up to them to change that second half
    But 9 changes is always going to produce an incoherent display. 2 or 3 changes in a settled system should allow the fringe players coming in to perform. We changed practically the whole outfield lineup. Add against a side who’d run through walls today and are happy to sit in tight, where people expecting Morgan to turn into Xavi?
    Why would 9 changes produce an incoherent display? They would have worked as a unit on the training pitch and went through shape etc for the past couple of days, it's not like we've been playing a settled XI for months either. Hiding behind the excuse of "the opposition are well up for it" (so should our players anyway) and "we've changed most of the team", doesn't hide the fact we can't get a shot on target against a part time side
  • I was expecting Morgan and Kirk to try and impose themselves today. 
    Sadly both have been shite 
  • edited November 2021
    Have the entire Upper Covered End skipped this game, there's a complete lack of any home singing

Looks like it.

The rest of us are struggling to stay awake TBF.
  • Sponsored links:

• Without anyone trying to be funny.Any positives from that first half?
  • Charlton back out. Can't see any changes.

🏆⏱HT 🔴 #cafc 0-0 #coyh 🦅

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) November 6, 2021
  • I was expecting Morgan and Kirk to try and impose themselves today. 
    Sadly both have been shite 
    We actually paid money for Kirk.
    Taken we cannot return him as unfit for purpose.
    Yes, first half has finished, only half a game to go  :)
  • Game desperately needs a goal. They would be quite happy with a 0-0 draw. We haven't shown anything like the desire necessary to disappoint them. Too many aimless balls. Too many passes at the man rather than in front. Our first teasers are taking a canter, whilst our back ups are showing nothing like the necessary desire. Expect better!
  • I should have stayed at home & watched the cricket.
    We're not losing? 
  • edited November 2021
    Without anyone trying to be funny.Any positives from that first half?
    We have managed to hold the mighty Havant & Whoever to a 0-0 half time ,..and there is nothing funny in that is there.. B)
    Only that the ref blew up for half time. 
  • Sponsored links:

Woopee
  • Driving home from the Rotherham game I asked my son when the next game was, he said, 'home next Saturday in the cup,' I said 'Oh we don't normally turn out for cup matches', he said, 'No, nor do Charlton'.
  • edited November 2021
    First shot on target from Havant

Davison then got in behind their defence, but nothing happened
    1. 46'

Post update

Foul by Josh Passley (Havant & Waterlooville).

2. 46'

Post update

Pape Souaré (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

1. 46'

Post update

Oscar Gobern (Havant & Waterlooville) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 46'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

• edited November 2021
    Crosses coming in from the wrong angle. Wont score from those. Got to be close to the byline. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    This is the equivalent of an England qualifier. People getting upset about the quality of football from 9 changes against a team playing their biggest game in years. I’d take a 1-0 and get it out the way.
    No it's not, just say it how it is VG, it's a disappointing performance from a group of players that need to convince JJ that they deserve to be in his plans moving forwards.

Based on today so far, none of them should be featuring any more than they already do.

Washington and Gunter are missing next week so JJ will have to make 2 changes at least, CBT, Davison and Kirk should all be vying for Conors starting role, and as of this half, none of them deserve to be given that opportunity, and it's up to them to change that second half
    But 9 changes is always going to produce an incoherent display. 2 or 3 changes in a settled system should allow the fringe players coming in to perform. We changed practically the whole outfield lineup. Add against a side who’d run through walls today and are happy to sit in tight, where people expecting Morgan to turn into Xavi?
    Why would 9 changes produce an incoherent display? They would have worked as a unit on the training pitch and went through shape etc for the past couple of days, it's not like we've been playing a settled XI for months either. Hiding behind the excuse of "the opposition are well up for it" (so should our players anyway) and "we've changed most of the team", doesn't hide the fact we can't get a shot on target against a part time side
    I think it hi lights the fact out transfer business was as bad as we thought. We do not have a strong squad, we have the first team which virtually picks itself under JJ, a few fringe players followed by the rest.

JK knows this, he is not stupid. Today’s changes were made purely to wrap in cotton wool those players that are automatic picks for league duty. He is not expecting any players playing today to be breaking his door down Monday morning demanding a first team place.
  • Yate 0-4 Yeovil

• @HasbulIah is in attendance in the Jimmy Seed Stand Still 0-0...

• 49' Henderson deals with a tame effort which is fired straight at him. #cafc 0 #hwfc 0