Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match/Post-match (p16) Thread: FA Cup 1st Round: Charlton v Havant & Waterlooville : 6 November 2021

Comments

• HT Sunderland 0 Mansfield 1
  • Glad I didn't pay 10 quid to watch this.
  • Boreham Wood 1-0 Eastleigh
    1. 45'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

2. 45'

Post update

Oscar Gobern (Havant & Waterlooville) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• HT: Charlton Athletic 0-0 Havant & Waterlooville
  • Well that was dull.
  • Ian Maatsen has been sent off for Coventry
  • Sponsored links:

• "When the reds step up to lift the FA Cup"
    I’ll be dead, I’ll be dead…..
  • Utter pony.

H&W haven't even had to play well here. 
  • edited November 2021
    I can’t believe it’s not butter?🧐
  • sam3110 said:
    This is the equivalent of an England qualifier. People getting upset about the quality of football from 9 changes against a team playing their biggest game in years. I’d take a 1-0 and get it out the way.
    No it's not, just say it how it is VG, it's a disappointing performance from a group of players that need to convince JJ that they deserve to be in his plans moving forwards.

Based on today so far, none of them should be featuring any more than they already do.

Washington and Gunter are missing next week so JJ will have to make 2 changes at least, CBT, Davison and Kirk should all be vying for Conors starting role, and as of this half, none of them deserve to be given that opportunity, and it's up to them to change that second half
    But 9 changes is always going to produce an incoherent display. 2 or 3 changes in a settled system should allow the fringe players coming in to perform. We changed practically the whole outfield lineup. Add against a side who’d run through walls today and are happy to sit in tight, where people expecting Morgan to turn into Xavi?
  • Total Shite . I’d haul off Morgan and Blacket - Taylor at half time. Just awful 
  • Clare has been ok. Davison invisible.
    Actually I take that back. Clare has been the only decent player in a Charlton shirt.
    Echo that.

I know we are playing a couple of "squad" players but we have been lacklustre & lacking in creativity.

• He's lost the dressing room already!
  • Sponsored links:

• Clare and CBT seem to have the beginnings of a partnership. Best I can say.
    • Well you can see why most of these players are no longer first  teamers that was poor. 
  • Last10 minutes a bit better down the right but mostly very poor. 
  • We really don't do cups, do we?

Doesn't matter who the players are, who the manager is or whether we are at home or away.
  • Havant are the only team in the entire FA Cup with no shots or corners. Will be a stuffing…..
  • SO pleased I managed to get the audio ! :wink:
    Best just to have audio & no picture. 
  • Dreary half enlivened by their enthusiastic support.
    This can still end badly, not because they have had a chance but because these things happen.
    Arter Morgan and Kirk not exactly making anything of their chance.
  • Total Shite . I’d haul off Morgan and Blacket - Taylor at half time. Just awful 
    And what us Blacket Taylor supposed to do when Clsire refuses to pass to his right.
    He gets the ball then cuts inside into the crowded midfield and then passes back or to are useless left hand side.⁶