Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match/Post-match (p16) Thread: FA Cup 1st Round: Charlton v Havant & Waterlooville : 6 November 2021

Comments

• What time does Valley pass audio start?
    What time can you tune in? :smile:

• Cloudworm said:
    5-3 to us
    You think they'll score 3? I'll be seriously pissed off if they do!
    So would Jacko, you bet ..... !

• What time does Valley pass audio start?
    on now but just chatting between themselves 
  • AndyG said:
    Only audio stream today ? Even if you happened to pop abroad for the day ?
    Nope. Only commentary on the radio.

That's all we're permitted to do.

• Scoham said:
    Would love him to get 30-40 minutes on for Stockley
  • edited November 2021
    A Charlton team that has never played together before. Maybe JJ using the game to have a look at the players just outside the first eleven. A game of 11 v 11 with Havant seeing it as their cup final. Strong bench - just in case.

Could be very interesting - particularly the result.
  • edited November 2021
    Scoham said:
    Or could we be sticking with 3-5-2?…

Henderson

Clare Elewere Famewo

CBT               Arter        Souare

Morgan Kirk

Davison Stockley
    Or Soare at left centre back in a 3 and Kirk on the left?
    Could be, maybe with Clare RWB, CBT LWB and Kirk in Lee’s role.
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    Only audio stream today ? Even if you happened to pop abroad for the day ?
    Nope. Only commentary on the radio.

That's all we're permitted to do.

We could have the pre match bit though with some discussion, boo TS out.
  • Strong side, slightly surprised Stockley starts, but that reflects our lack of options to play 2 up front.

Jacko will also may want Stockley and Davison to get an understanding, seeing as they'll probably be playing together at Burton 
  • Sponsored links:

• So is this "their cup final"?
    It sounds a bit patronising, but yes.
  • I'm a little pissed at the lack of streams for cup games. Sadly I can't make games due to having both kids (1&4) on my own on Saturdays. (and obviously being abroad) 
  • For those who dont have the Charlton Audio Subscription it sounds like you can listen to the Havant commentary here

https://mixlr.com/hawks-radio--2
  • No Ross Worner in the Havant line up today.

• A couple of streaming sites list the game but are unlikely to produce a stream......footybite & reddit
  • Is it really the Emirates FA Cup ?

Is everything in this country for sale ?
  • sammy391 said:
    Shame there’s not more youngsters involved 
    Dont forget the game on Tuesday against Leyton Orient.

That one matters even less seeing we're both through so doesnt matter so much if the kids lose
    Of course it matters if they lose. Teach them to be winners or go down having given everything trying to win. If they go out and think they can play like it doesn’t matter if they lose then it makes it less likely they’ll get picked for the next game, or any game for that matter. 
  • Strong side, slightly surprised Stockley starts, but that reflects our lack of options to play 2 up front.

Jacko will also may want Stockley and Davison to get an understanding, seeing as they'll probably be playing together at Burton 
    Can Stockley play against Burton? as he has 5 yellow cards in the league.
  • Kirk needs a good game to convince me he's worth keeping 
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have played both Gunter and Washington today given there missing next week 
  • Is it really the Emirates FA Cup ?

Is everything in this country for sale ?
    You just wait until we're top of the Premier League and qualify for the Zynex European Cup.   :smile:

• Some memorable lower league names in that Havant side. I remember when Gobern was touted as a future star for Huddersfield. 
  • Also sensible to go with a very physical forward line to make sure we don't get bullied out of the game.
  • Would have played both Gunter and Washington today given there missing next week 
    and don’t let their replacements for next week have any game time beforehand…
  • Three turnstiles open. Long queues. 
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Strong side, slightly surprised Stockley starts, but that reflects our lack of options to play 2 up front.

Can Stockley play against Burton? as he has 5 yellow cards in the league.
    Stockley has 4 League yellows and 1 Cup yellow, I don't think that the Cup yellow counts towards League yellows
  • Anyone getting audio yet ?
  • Anyone getting audio yet ?
    Yep, been on for about 10 minutes,,