Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2022

Comments

• Options
    I clawed back a bit of my stake on Fiddler and Longhorse Poet. Had Delta Work but done it win only at 10s and just missing out on Dylan coming in 7th has pained me greatly.  

Massive thanks to Peanuts, glad to hear you made a tidy profit sir and I hope Mrs Peanuts is starboard bound off the back of it. Thank you for sharing with all of us your fascinating obsession. 
  • Options
    Thank you Peanuts! I am up. Not quite enough to retire just yet tho sadly. 

I love this thread. Look forward to next year already.

• Options
    Cheers peanuts.
    Thanks for all the hard work you put in.
    Made a profit on delta work, fiddler and long horse all placing.
    Also thanks to Bob's lot with half the stake back.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I had 8 places, so had 5th 6th & 7th.
    But who came 8th?
    I've been out. 
  • Options
    Thanks to whoever said Virgin were paying to 8 places.
    So I had Fiddlerontheroof, Longhouse Poet & Freewheelin Dylan for a £23 profit.
    Thank you once again to Peanuts, great fun. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately discorama was euthanised back at the stables. RIP
  • Options
    Didn’t hear the commentary and not sure if mentioned elsewhere but when they missed the fence on the second circuit, why was the route around that fence so narrow. Seemed unnecessarily dangerous having to funnel all remaining horses through such a tigh gap.
  • Options
    Thanks to @PeanutsMolloy for your dedication.
    You make a great race even more thrilling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a bet once a year on the Grand National, though wrong, is a family tradition that I annually succumb to.
    Mrs Plum and I passed an open betting shop yesterday morning, hence:

It was @Callumcafc who reminded me that you can get a return on a place as well as a win.
  • Options
    Had more than one bet. Had a couple of Desmond’s.

• Options
    More very sad news this morning.
    RIP Disco and Eclair Surf.
  • Options
    More very sad news this morning.
    RIP Disco and Eclair Surf.
    A real sickener. Two horses sadly lost is of course the main thing but also two champion horses for small yards who need all the help they can get to remain competitive.
  • Options
    I should add great tipping and in depth analysis as you offer every year without fail @PeanutsMolloy

You may not have had the winner in your model this year and I guess as a 7 year old novice who had never won a 3m chase there might be some crunching you need to do for 2023, but selecting 4 of the first 7 home and putting them up weeks ago when one was at 100 and another 66 is first class.
    What he said. 

Top stuff peanuts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peanuts.. Early days and all that but what is your gut feeling about the possibility of Noble Yeats chance of winning again next year or even going on to equal the record?
  • Options
    Many thanks for your very kind comments folks.
    They’re all very much appreciated.
    Glad that you find the thread enjoyable and many thanks for all of your contributions, which make it particularly interesting and enjoyable for me.
    Am very grateful you put faith in my musings.
    Will probably have lash at the Irish on Easter Monday (purely my dodgy nose at work) but looking forward to another blast at the big one next year.
    Till then, all the best.
    Early days but Enjoy Dallen is 25/1 ew (5 places). 3rd last year and 3rd in the Paddy Power. Will carry a fair enough weight as well. I'll forgive him his first fence caper yesterday!
  • Options
    Peanuts.. Early days and all that but what is your gut feeling about the possibility of Noble Yeats chance of winning again next year or even going on to equal the record?

After they stuck 21lb extra on Rachel Blackmore's horse this year, Noble Yeats may only be 7 years old but not sure what the Waley-Cohen's have to gain to see him slaughtered in the handicap next year.
  • Options
    Up your game Peanuts

• Options
    My missus had eight tips from GMB reporters and their contacts. Nada!
    Bragging right are mine - thanks PM!
  • Options
    Thanks @PeanutsMolloy as always. We had Delta Works, Fiddler and Dylan thanks to you and, as always, your comprehensive analysis is compulsive reading and greatly enhances the enjoyment of the build up to the big race.