Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup - what else are you going to do today ?

13»

Comments

• Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    without wanting to bore anybody coz i've made my point a few times now, i'm not going out of protest really i guess - the fa cup games are now nothing but reserve games and that is wrong / sad - until that changes, i'm done with them and promised myself last season or whenever it was that i won't be going  to them - i'll be playing poker and then snooker this afternoon instead.
    Apologies If I've got the wrong person, but weren't you calling people out a few months ago for being "fairweather supporters" for not buying a season ticket, irrespective of whether they were able to attend matches or not, because everyone should be showing financial commitment to the new owner.

Now you're not going to a first team game when you are able to?

As I said, apologies if that wasn't you, but if it was, then it's quite funny.
    it was me and for 40 years i have gone to these games and done my 'duty' but for the last 20 years it has become a chore and it is time to stop and protest - the fa cup should not be an opportunity to play the reserves and if that doesn't change, i won't be going to any more. 
    Was nothing but first team squad members starting, with 2 youth players brought on late on. 

Just admit you couldn't be arsed and be done with it. 
    resxerve match - nothing to do with can't be arsed
    That's a piss poor excuse. And if you're feeling wound up by that, it's because you know I'm right. 
    And factually incorrect.
  • edited November 2021
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    without wanting to bore anybody coz i've made my point a few times now, i'm not going out of protest really i guess - the fa cup games are now nothing but reserve games and that is wrong / sad - until that changes, i'm done with them and promised myself last season or whenever it was that i won't be going  to them - i'll be playing poker and then snooker this afternoon instead.
    Apologies If I've got the wrong person, but weren't you calling people out a few months ago for being "fairweather supporters" for not buying a season ticket, irrespective of whether they were able to attend matches or not, because everyone should be showing financial commitment to the new owner.

it was me and for 40 years i have gone to these games and done my 'duty' but for the last 20 years it has become a chore and it is time to stop and protest - the fa cup should not be an opportunity to play the reserves and if that doesn't change, i won't be going to any more. 
    Was nothing but first team squad members starting, with 2 youth players brought on late on. 

That's a piss poor excuse. And if you're feeling wound up by that, it's because you know I'm right. 
    think what u like, i'm not wound up in the slightest - i said after the last fa cup capitulation under bowyer that the only person i blame, is myself, for going, and that i wouldn't be going to any more of them until we start playing full strength sides - i don't blame jacko either for the side he put out, i blame the current system - it needs to change and can change but i won't support it limping along in this half arsed way - and btw, i go to u23 games and bought the stream for the u18's against worthing in the week so trust me this is nothing to do with not being arsed or not wanting to pay or not wanting to watch non first team players    
  • edited November 2021
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

And factually incorrect.
    true , i retract the reserve team statement for this game - not full strength but quite strong and may see me back for the next round but that bowyer second string capitulation was unacceptable to me  and the final straw for many give yesterday's crowd 
  • One improvement would be to have the north upper open rather than the lower which would enhance the atmosphere by maintaining the traditional section which generates the noise. Not sure if that’s possible in terms of stadium logistics, but it would help if it could be done.