Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup - what else are you going to do today ?

Comments

• Simonsen said:
    Fuck me...T20 cricket stopping people going to an FA Cup game.

How times have changed....
    I'd rather watch the tiddlywinks world championships than go today.
  • En route to Valencia. 
  • Jonniesta said:
    Celebrating Mum's 70th... she didn't put Havant on her wish list unfortunately. 
    Great, surprise her with a different birthday present, she will want to go every Saturday... B)
    She's been to too many games to fall for that! 

Condolences on your loss Soapy, hope you and the family are as well as can be expected.
  • Having a full body swedish massage this afternoon :)

But as I now live in the Algarve I wouldn't have been going anyway B)
  • Having a full body swedish massage this afternoon :)

But as I now live in the Algarve I wouldn't have been going anyway B)
    Some people have all the luck don't they,..suffer in silence mate.. B)
  • Off to watch Staylebridge v witton Albion. Northern Premier League :)
  • 1. Watching the Mancs derby match
    2. Watching England v Tonga Rugby
    3. Following Charlton on here
    4. Recording England v South Africa T20 cricket for later

Missus is going out. Can't think why.  :)
  • Im  a fair weather fan
  • like every sat at the moment I'm working roll on Morecambe and Shrewsbury later this month my first matches this year
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    Simonsen said:
    Fuck me...T20 cricket stopping people going to an FA Cup game.

How times have changed....
    I'd rather watch the tiddlywinks world championships than go today.

Fair enough, each to their own, which one are you then, a Winker or a Tiddler ?
  • Pie and Mash, couple of pints and FA Cup football at The Valley, no better way to spend a Saturday.

COYRs!!!!
  • It's a beautiful sunny day, so bonus walk for the dog. 

Thing is, it's not on Valley Pass, even for us foreigners, anyway. The FA, you see. Even bigger twats than the EFL. And anyway this lot make me shiver. They are basically Pompey in disguise and that fills me with a special kind of dread going back to my Poly days. Fortunately my best buddy from there is now in Sydney and was on a regular Zoom Thursday, but he obviously had not noticed the tie, so I kept schtuum.  ;)

Media blackout for me ;)
  • On my way to Twickenham to watch England v Tonga.
  • Off to watch local side Herne Bay FC  v. Sevenoaks.  Leading goal scoreer - one Zak Ansah...
  • I was going to go until I went online to buy a ticket and saw a transaction charge of £1.50.  As a 65+ this is 30% on top of £5 and I would even have to print the ticket.
  • Fire on, TV on, Mancs Derby, international rugby, cricket, more international rugby,  with a glass or 3 of red.
  • I am recompleting my 92 at Harrogate.
  • Leeds Castle fireworks

• Leeds Castle fireworks

Any good ?
  • Sponsored links:

• just got back from a “Drive In” Fireworks display in Cornwall and it was very good. We bought a VIP ticket which enabled us to park our car at the front and give us access to a better selection of street food stalls. 

I am not really into fireworks but have to say some on show tonight were amazing and I have never seen patterns like that.

Seemed like thousands were there but the stewards got us out and on our way in good time so all good.
  • DOUCHER said:
    without wanting to bore anybody coz i've made my point a few times now, i'm not going out of protest really i guess - the fa cup games are now nothing but reserve games and that is wrong / sad - until that changes, i'm done with them and promised myself last season or whenever it was that i won't be going  to them - i'll be playing poker and then snooker this afternoon instead.
    Apologies If I've got the wrong person, but weren't you calling people out a few months ago for being "fairweather supporters" for not buying a season ticket, irrespective of whether they were able to attend matches or not, because everyone should be showing financial commitment to the new owner.

Now you're not going to a first team game when you are able to?

As I said, apologies if that wasn't you, but if it was, then it's quite funny.
    it was me and for 40 years i have gone to these games and done my 'duty' but for the last 20 years it has become a chore and it is time to stop and protest - the fa cup should not be an opportunity to play the reserves and if that doesn't change, i won't be going to any more. 
  • edited November 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Leeds Castle fireworks

Any good ?
    Yeah was great, first time been to fireworks there. Got lucky with the weather not being too cold as was down there 4-5 hours.

Love the maze there, always takes me at least 20 mins!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Leeds Castle fireworks

Any good ?
    Yeah was great, first time been to fireworks there. Got lucky with the weather not being too cold as was down there 4-5 hours.

Love the maze there, always takes me at least 20 mins!
    Would do with you're little legs
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    without wanting to bore anybody coz i've made my point a few times now, i'm not going out of protest really i guess - the fa cup games are now nothing but reserve games and that is wrong / sad - until that changes, i'm done with them and promised myself last season or whenever it was that i won't be going  to them - i'll be playing poker and then snooker this afternoon instead.
    Apologies If I've got the wrong person, but weren't you calling people out a few months ago for being "fairweather supporters" for not buying a season ticket, irrespective of whether they were able to attend matches or not, because everyone should be showing financial commitment to the new owner.

it was me and for 40 years i have gone to these games and done my 'duty' but for the last 20 years it has become a chore and it is time to stop and protest - the fa cup should not be an opportunity to play the reserves and if that doesn't change, i won't be going to any more. 
    Was nothing but first team squad members starting, with 2 youth players brought on late on. 

Just admit you couldn't be arsed and be done with it. 
  • Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Was nothing but first team squad members starting, with 2 youth players brought on late on. 

Was the team announced Friday night or yesterday morning?
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Fair enough, but I hope you bought a ticket anyway.
  • Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

resxerve match - nothing to do with can't be arsed
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Fair enough, but I hope you bought a ticket anyway.
    got a season ticket - that's the baseline in my opinion unless u have a good reason no to - buying tickets for reserve matches like the fa cup or anything else like a silly membership or something out of the club shop is optional - in my opinion !!!!
  • edited November 2021
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I think the key word in your statement is “squad”, of which we have a pretty average  one. Dress it as you like however nine changes were made.