Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Doncaster Rovers | Saturday 30th October 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    No Gunter on the bench FA, I would be surprised. Otherwise always enjoy reading this article each week
    He wasn't on the bench last time out. 

To be honest I made no changes to the 18 apart from Pearce in for Lavelle, with Souare on the bench instead - Wouldnt be surprised if its one of him, Gunter or even Elewere that take that available space now. 
    Whatever we think about Elewere's contract position, we are down to 2 fit centre backs until January at least. Elewere has to be in the first team squad until that changes. Neither Purrington or Gunter have worked well at centre back and there are no other options to prevent a repeat of last season's defensive collapse when Inniss and Famewo got injured (except maybe Stockley doing a Cliff Holton). I doubt Pearce can play 2 games a week for long without gifting some goals/penalties.
  • Options
    We will win. They are now all playing with passion and give everything for the shirt.  We are gonna win the league! 😉
  • Options
    Clichés corner.

One game at a time.
  • Options
    Clichés corner.

One game at a time.
    Hang your head in shame.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Clichés corner.

One game at a time.
    Hang your head in shame.
    That’s a new one James, you claiming fame for that 😉
  • Options
    Can anyone remember how many months/seasons Innis is out for?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If we turn up with the desire to close down, prevent cross and shots, win the 60/40s, put our head in where it hurts and help our team mates out we will win.  If we don't we won't win.

No one is so awful you can dial a win in, no one is so good we can't beat them.

I predict the former tomorrow and a 2 goal win, either 2-0 or 3-1.  
    From the way Jackson’s been talking I think you’re right.  He’ll have them fired up for this I reckon 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    ross1 said:
    No Gunter on the bench FA, I would be surprised. Otherwise always enjoy reading this article each week

To be honest I made no changes to the 18 apart from Pearce in for Lavelle, with Souare on the bench instead - Wouldnt be surprised if its one of him, Gunter or even Elewere that take that available space now. 
    Whatever we think about Elewere's contract position, we are down to 2 fit centre backs until January at least. Elewere has to be in the first team squad until that changes. Neither Purrington or Gunter have worked well at centre back and there are no other options to prevent a repeat of last season's defensive collapse when Inniss and Famewo got injured (except maybe Stockley doing a Cliff Holton). I doubt Pearce can play 2 games a week for long without gifting some goals/penalties.
    Agreed - let’s not forget about barker as well though - I’m told it was Adkins who said he was too short to be a centre back so if he can be / has been recalled then there is another option 
  • Options
    Barker will really need to up his level if playing in the 1st 11 from what I've seen of the U23s this season. But, that 3rd CB spot could be ideal for a pacy/tigerish type. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite nervous about tomorrow, as whereas Sunderland was to an extent a free hit, with no pressure on the players, Donny is a massive 6 pointer. Losing for either team would be a disaster, which may impact on the game

Donny have 4 points from their last 2 games, so will have more confidence than they had a week ago.

It will be interesting if Jacko changes the system, as Leko at wing back won't be a surprise to Donny, and they will surely have prepared to target that side
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Southbank said:
    ross1 said:

Agreed - let’s not forget about barker as well though - I’m told it was Adkins who said he was too short to be a centre back so if he can be / has been recalled then there is another option 
    So Adkins picked the under 18s last season?  I suppose he had the time if Roddy was picking the 1st team...... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Southbank said:
    ross1 said:

So Adkins picked the under 18s last season?  I suppose he had the time if Roddy was picking the 1st team...... 
    Strange comment - I’d expect the first team manager to have a view on a player who had been part of the first team squad wouldn’t you ? It was why he next appeared at full back - some think he should be a CDM
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Southbank said:
    ross1 said:

Strange comment - I’d expect the first team manager to have a view on a player who had been part of the first team squad wouldn’t you ? It was why he next appeared at full back - some think he should be a CDM
    He certainly played at right back in the U18s for large parts of last season, even predating Adkins appointment. 

Your original comment suggests that it was Adkins decision, if my memory is right he actually started at right back in the first team and swapped with the OG Deji as Oshilaja was having a weston super. 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for a Charlton win #COYA
  • Options
    Nervous about this one as it has disaster written all over it.

We never do well in must win games & especially not against teams at the bottom. Whatever happens Deji should be at least on the bench - I'd personally have him in the starting 11 instead of Pearce. Also not sure if playing 352 is the best option at home, esp with Leko supposedly being a "wing back".

Not as confident as many on here & fear an ex player could be wiping our noses in it come 5pm.

1-2........and we are back in the Do-doo.

• Options
    Arter available
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

With the Ultra Low Emission Zone now extended to within the South Circular, some fans who travel by vehicle to The Valley may be affected and are encouraged to check to see if theirs is compliant before travelling... #cafc | http://cafc.co.uk

• Options
    Are Charlton expecting a good attendance for this game, I know kids are cheap but maybe a few more now JJ is at the helm.
  • Options
    Looking fwd to a game again!! But then this is still Charlton and the ominous nil points that Doncaster have picked up from their travels makes me worry. 1-1, sickening late equaliser for them takes the edge off the feel good factor.
  • Options
    Are Charlton expecting a good attendance for this game, I know kids are cheap but maybe a few more now JJ is at the helm.
    A very important game in our season so one would hope we have a good attendance.
  • Options
    The noise the fans make in them videos is unreal!!, I love it when the valley is like that, a feeling never to be forgotten once experienced.
  • Options
    Did anyone catch Jacko's interview on Talksport?