Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Museum says thankyou for Sam Bartram

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ok
  • Options
    This is brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Is there anything else we can do to help them?
    Do they have a membership? I’d be happy to pay an annual membership to help.
    We intend to make it a long term link. Any ideas would be welcome. It would be great if we could play a pre season friendly there or help them in some other way. One of the options we were thinking of was sponsoring the goalkeepers kit but they already had a sponsor for this season.
  • Options
    This is brilliant 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Is there anything else we can do to help them?
    Do they have a membership? I’d be happy to pay an annual membership to help.
    We intend to make it a long term link. Any ideas would be welcome. It would be great if we could play a pre season friendly there or help them in some other way. One of the options we were thinking of was sponsoring the goalkeepers kit but they already had a sponsor for this season.
    If the goalkeeper is already sponsored, have you thought about the manager? 
  • Options
    Or what about sponsoring the goal posts?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wow, I would have come with you if I’d known about this. What a great thing to do @SE7toSG3 !
    That’s why you didn’t know about this…

:-) 

Jokes aside, I’m sure they’d be quite a few interested in taking in a visit / game one time we are up the North East 
    We can pop in there next season , when we play Hartlepool 
  • Options
    Well we've lost a game today but spare a thought for our friends at Boldon. Storm Arwen has caused a lot of damage at the ground. Clubs at this level rely on the hard work of a few volunteers to survive , so devastating for them.

• Options
    Can we help? If so how?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Can we help? If so how?
    Yup, me too. 
  • Options
    @charltonnick

Can we accept donations to the museum bank account or PayPal to pass on to Bolden?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes donations can be made to the museum. Our Paypal account is linked to this email - cafchistorian@gmail.com , please add a note ' donation to Boldon '. If you want to make a donation via bank transfer , inbox me for bank details. All money raised will be passed on to Boldon to help repair the ground. 
  • Options
    Nice one
  • Options
    Was Sam always a goalkeeper for Boldon as he fancied himself as an outfield player. I'm fairly sure he had a trial with someone at wing half.
    Possibly Reading? 

Edit

After school, Sam Bartram became a miner and played as either centre-forward or wing-half in non-league football in the North-East of England. As a teenager he had an unsuccessful trial with Reading. When his local village club Boldon Villa were without a goalkeeper for a cup final in 1934, Bartram took over in goal. A scout from Charlton AthleticAnthony Seed, was watching the game and Bartram played so well that Seed recommended him to his brother Jimmy Seed, the Charlton Secretary Manager. Anthony Seed was Charlton's chief scout in the north east.

• Options

Thoroughly enjoyed this thread.  Thanks everybody.  So much I didn’t know about my boyhood hero.
  • Options
    It's that time of year again when we renew our sponsorship of the Sam Bartram stand at Boldon.

Anyone who wants to help out please let us know and we'll give you our bank details.
  • Options
    The lengths those boys go to in order to serve the history of this club! Well done and praying for a Jackson performance across the side today.
    I think you mean “get served at the bar”. 
  • Options
    How much does it cost to be the main sponsor of a tier six team? It cannot be much.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    How much does it cost to be the main sponsor of a tier six team? It cannot be much.
    No idea, a few 1000 I guess, probably less
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    No idea, a few 1000 I guess, probably less
    I’d guess 10k
    Probably wrong though. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    It's that time of year again when we renew our sponsorship of the Sam Bartram stand at Boldon.

Anyone who wants to help out please let us know and we'll give you our bank details.
    Henry, why not just post up the details we can all go from there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm told it's not a good Idea to post bank details openly on line but I've inboxes them to you.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I'm told it's not a good Idea to post bank details openly on line but I've inboxes them to you.
    Iv have sent over £10 for Boldon.. can we know what the Target is… ? 
  • Options

A bulls-eye. I'm meeting one of the trustees next weekend, and will cash him up then. UTA!!
  • Options

Iv have sent over £10 for Boldon.. can we know what the Target is… ? 
    £250
  • Options
    Like other poster’s I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this thread, big thanks to the hard working & dedicated museum guys.
  • Options
    Well we've lost a game today but spare a thought for our friends at Boldon. Storm Arwen has caused a lot of damage at the ground. Clubs at this level rely on the hard work of a few volunteers to survive , so devastating for them.

As an update £775 was raised and sent to Boldon to help with ground repairs. 
  • Options
    Nice story Nick. Thanks for sharing.