Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    I can't justify an overnighter for this having just been groundhopping for five days but am tentatively considering the coach. I can't find any details on the club site, only a link to buy match tickets. Are we even running a coach / coaches to Gateshead? 
    I was told the club are not running one.  Disgraceful.
    You joking?
    Nope, it's true.
  • Options
    I can't justify an overnighter for this having just been groundhopping for five days but am tentatively considering the coach. I can't find any details on the club site, only a link to buy match tickets. Are we even running a coach / coaches to Gateshead? 
    I was told the club are not running one.  Disgraceful.
    Oh wow. That's a first. Cheers though. 
    Exeter in the cup around '16 we did not run one.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Of the 15 of us who went to Morecambe 
    0 are attending Gateshead.
    Magic of the cup.
    They are all worried you're going.
  • Options
    Would have thought more would be up for this. Wonder if we'd got Altrincham instead we might have had better numbers, as jr wouldn't be the second weekend in Newcastle this season.
  • Options
    I reckon crowd will be swelled by plenty of Newcastle fans - for me it’s one to watch at home - stadium looks awful - it’s a bloody long way - it will brass monkeys cold - the thought of going all that way, we get beat, then the depressing trip home - nah 
    Given that they generally seem to play their home games on weekends when Newcastle are away and their average crowd this season is less than 1k, i wouldn't be expecting too many.
  • Options
    Badger said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Yeah. It left Larkfield last night.
    When i called the ticket office to find out if the club would be running a coach to Gateshead i was asked to let them have my Fan id and contact details. If they have enough interest i presume the will put a coach on.
    That really is shameful, given the profit margin they have been running them at this season. You should always put one coach on to a game like this as a service to the most dedicated fans. Away coach travel makes money. It is not a cost over the season. The potential risk here is a few hundred pounds.

Charlton also get a share of the ticket revenue (if they accept it), and presumably a TV fee, plus there is prize money of £34,000 if they win.

You can’t be messing people around days before the game for the sake of small change and obviously you will get more interest if you advertise it in the first place.

a broadcast fee of £60,000 per club, coupled with the prize fund payment of £34,000 
    https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/nov/11/emirates-fa-cup-second-round-proper-tv-selection-20211111
  • Options
    If you are like me an occasional away fan, then the last two performances, are not likely to encourage you to travel. I was at Shrewsbury. Was one of the worst nil-nil games I’d seen, until it became the worst 1-0 defeat.  I will be in front of my new Black Friday TV. 
  • Options
    Club has told me it is now running a coach and people will be able to book this morning.
    That’ll cheer @ElfsborgAddick up and maybe @clb74 will even treat him to the coach fare 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Club has told me it is now running a coach and people will be able to book this morning.

After running a waiting list to measure demand for coach travel to the Friday night fixture, a coach has now been made available for the long journey north, priced £30.

See below for information on pick-up times.

Larkfield: 9am

Gravesend: 9:25am

Dartford: 9:40am

Bexleyheath: 9:55am

Bromley: 10:25am

Eltham: 10:45am

Charlton: 11am

Click here to book your coach travel for Gateshead

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61a5eb35e9e9f/coach-travel-available-for-gateshead-cup-trip

• Options
    Larkfield - Charlton - 2 hours+ on a coach before you even really leave......that's dedication/madness for you
    Are you going @Elthamaddick
  • Options
    So roughly what time would that coach get back to Larkfield? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Probably 6-7am the next morning. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sunday.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Probably 6-7am the next morning. 
    Hope we don't lose.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Larkfield - Charlton - 2 hours+ on a coach before you even really leave......that's dedication/madness for you
    Are you going @Elthamaddick
    nope - wouldn't have minded had it been Altrincham - ITV4 for me
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Would have thought more would be up for this. Wonder if we'd got Altrincham instead we might have had better numbers, as jr wouldn't be the second weekend in Newcastle this season.
    I think there would have been a bigger turn out. Personally i was desperate for Altrincham to win, as i have mates in Manchester and could crash there/bring a couple to the game. 
    Fair play to all going on Friday though, presume most hotel in Newcastle after.
  • Options
    Air BnB for me, worked really perfectly that Newcastle are playing Burnley on Saturday so my Geordie mate will make the journey up with me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you are like me an occasional away fan, then the last two performances, are not likely to encourage you to travel. I was at Shrewsbury. Was one of the worst nil-nil games I’d seen, until it became the worst 1-0 defeat.  I will be in front of my new Black Friday TV. 
    Didn’t they have any silver ones ?
  • Options
    do we know how many sold for this?
  • Options
    In case nobody has mentioned it, the game is on ESPN+ in the US. 
  • Options
    Forecast snow tomorrow 
  • Options
    In case nobody has mentioned it, the game is on ESPN+ in the US. 
    I'm sure many millions across the US will be tuning in......
    Well, I will. 
  • Options
    Hearing the podcast on Charlton Live with the Gateshead correspondent saying Gateshead are flying and banging goals in for fun, I’m starting g to brick it a bit, glad I’m not in the team!
  • Options
    Will we take more than 150/200 to this ? 
  • Options
    Will we take more than 150/200 to this ? 
    3-400 going apparently