Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Spanners away
    Nailed on 3rd round exit for us there then !!
  • Options

Villa away - I enjoy a trip to Villa Park

Or Wolves away
  • Options
    Would love to see one of the big boys away and an army of Addicks making all of the noise with our 15/20% allocation or whatever it is nowadays.

11,000 at Old Trafford, 9,000 at the Emirates, 8,000 at Anfield..
    🧐

It has always been 25%, hasn't it?
  • Options
    Would love to see one of the big boys away and an army of Addicks making all of the noise with our 15/20% allocation or whatever it is nowadays.

🧐

15%.
  • Options

🧐

Isn't it 15%?

Dependant on local segregation issues. For example at The Valley, to give 15% would require some away fans in either the Curbs or West stand, something the Police wouldn't allow if we were playing Palace or Millwall
  • Options
    Always want either a lower league team to give us a chance of progressing or a prem team. We always seem to get a team in our league, so boring.
  • Options
    Odds on us getting a prem team - 32%
    Championship team -38%
    League one or below - 30% 
  • Options
    Break down of teams by league/tier:

Prem 20
    Champ 24
    L1 9
    L2 8
    NL 3
    NLN/S 2

• Options
    It’s be a terrible draw like Wigan away knowing our luck 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as it's not a League 1 side.
    Prefer the lowest ranked team left in the competition which is ?

St Alban's, but they still have to beat Boreham Wood before the draw is made.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    A championship or lower mid table prem test will do for me. at home
  • Options

Draw is before match at 7.00pm - match kicks off 7.45pm
  • Options

Kidderminster are the lowest ranked team left in the draw. Plus yes, St Albans are also in the sixth tier but like you say they have to beat Boreham Wood first.

Would be Millwall-type luck to draw three NLN/S sides in a row.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Is it? Some sources are a bit vague with the timings, stating “during the coverage”, presumably so you don’t just tune in for the draw.
  • Options
    Break down of teams by league/tier:

Prem 20
    Champ 24
    L1 9
    L2 8
    NL 3
    NLN/S 2

So fairly even odds between Prem/ Champ/ League 1 & below.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Is it? Some sources are a bit vague with the timings, stating “during the coverage”, presumably so you don’t just tune in for the draw.

The draw starts from 19:00 GMT, before the final second-round tie between Boreham Wood and St Albans City.

It is live on the BBC Sport website and app, BBC Radio 5 Live, ITV4 and the FA's social media channels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59540595

• Options

When on the BBC it was always at 7.15 after they had players, fans, chairman from the small clubs who it means so much too as the money is paramount to their progress as a club.

The last draw on ITV was after the game and from memory I thought the game was dull and that's coming from someone's who watches games at every level of the football pyramid. Even after the game they took their time on the Advert loving ITV. (yes I know it has to be that way !)

• Options
    I thought the draw was at 6.45 ?? West Brom away would be good. Great fans , nothing like the wankers of brum and wolves.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy to receive apologies from those who doubted me 😉
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Numbered balls in the hat here;

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59540595.amp

Strict alphabetical order (starting with AFC Bournemouth) for top two leagues up to and including ball 44 and teams in L1 or below from 45 onwards. We are no.57
  • Options
    I want Newcastle. I reckon we'd 'av 'em.
  • Options
    Normally always watch the draw even if Charlton are in it. Normally just sit their pissed off.So much better knowing that we are still in the draw. 
  • Options
    It’s coming home, baby!!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I want Newcastle. I reckon we'd 'av 'em.
    As I have said before if we are lucky to draw a Prem team they will be unrecognisable from the one you see week in week out. Major changes would be made with one, maybe two of the regulars playing in amongst reserves and under 21's.

Cup surprises and upsets are not really upsets when it is not 1st team v 1st team.   
  • Options
    Hartlepool away please
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Must have missed Forest Green being in League 1 last season. Love seeing people getting their facts correct.
  • Options
    How about Brum at The Valley ?