Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Local Restaurants for Sunday Roasts?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Very rarely go out locally for Sunday lunch but had a lovely roast yesterday in the little bistro attached to the Imperial Arms in Chislehurst. Very cosy lille converted coach house with courtyard. Loads of meat and good service. Would def return. 
    @stop_shouting will be after his commission!

The imperial Arms “Impy” is the best in my manor. 
  • Options
    Very rarely go out locally for Sunday lunch but had a lovely roast yesterday in the little bistro attached to the Imperial Arms in Chislehurst. Very cosy lille converted coach house with courtyard. Loads of meat and good service. Would def return. 
    Brilliant in there mate and we were getting our takeaway roasts from there during lockdown. Have only eaten in there once since but it was top drawer and they do Harvey’s!
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Not exactly local, but had a fantastic roast at the black rabbit in Arundel yesterday. 
    I know a great caff in Arundel called Partners.
  • Options
    Anyone been in the Danson Stables? Eating there on Sunday for Father's Day
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone been in the Danson Stables? Eating there on Sunday for Father's Day
    Not been there myself but everyone I speak to who has, say how good it is.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Surely someone has to try Le Wouri down near Woolwich Dockyard and report back?

I don't know if Gribbo has been yet?

Gribbo said:
    Don't know how anyone eats the disgusting stuff (shellfish not pasties!).
    Could live off it meself. Don't even bother taking the shell or shit pipe off the prawns. Head, tail and as many legs I can get hold of in one go, come off, and whatevers left goes down. Always suck the brains out the pawns head n all. 

"Ah, good evening, Mr Gribbo, Sir.  I'm sorry that your 'Prawns Le Wouri' have taken a little longer than expected, but Chef was anxious for you to have the perfect dining experience.

You will note that he has chosen not to remove the shit pipe, as he is aware of your predilection in that respect.

Enjoy your meal."
  • Options

Bella Roma in Lewisham - been several times and is as good as ever. 
  • Options
    The Toby Carvery on Bromley Common is nice.
  • Options
    Pope Street in New Eltham do an excellent roast.
  • Options
    My sons all travel to a place called Bessels Green and go to the Kings Head for Sunday Roast. Apparently it is superb, but hard to get a table.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anglesey Arms at Bromley North……but you will need to book. 
  • Options
    Can't beat it on price.
  • Options
    Can't beat it on price.
    £12 on a sunday
  • Options
    Anyone have a recommendation for Welling/ Eltham areas? -cafe, pub or restaurant.. Was going Avenida but turns out they no longer open on Sundays.
  • Options
    Dial arch is decent, bit pricey though.