Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Local Restaurants for Sunday Roasts?

Comments

• Options
    My parents during lockdown used to get a takeaway one from the Italian on the corner of longlands road /halfway st. Meant to be lovely. 
    Toscana - the wife and I are going there on Sunday
    Just looked it up on the interweb - the menu has loads of options, which puts me off a bit, as I wonder how on earth can they cook all these different meals to a decent standard - I prefer a small menu, as generally I have found the food to be very well done

But you have experience of this Italian - am I wrong in this case ?
    Big menu and big portions as well but food was, from memory, good - not michelen star but hearty and tasty.
  • Options
    Simpsons on The Strand…..yes expensive but for an occasional OTT treat you really can’t beat it.
    Part of The Savoy of course.
    Been closed for months due to the pandemic

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Simpsons on The Strand…..yes expensive but for an occasional OTT treat you really can’t beat it.
    Been closed for months due to the pandemic

Oh really…..still closed, blimey.
  • Options
    Heard the Seven Stars in the Cray did nice Roasts, never been there though.
  • Options
    Running Horses in Erith.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Sophie's Choice in Sidcup do a good un mate. The way this thread is going you could have one for every week of the year.
    Eat there regularly, food is superb and very reasonable.
  • Options
    Reading this thread is making me hungry! 🦃 
  • Options
    Yep, I haven't had a Sunday roast in ages. Might have to do one this weekend.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Everyone round yours then.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Hope you were wearing a shirt and tie mate :p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pettgra said:
    Sophie's Choice in Sidcup do a good un mate. The way this thread is going you could have one for every week of the year.
    Is there really a restaurant called Sophie's Choice?
  • Options
    Hope you were wearing a shirt and tie mate :p
    No, just smart casual, which isn’t jeans and trainers! 🙄😊
  • Options
    My parents during lockdown used to get a takeaway one from the Italian on the corner of longlands road /halfway st. Meant to be lovely. 
    Just looked it up on the interweb - the menu has loads of options, which puts me off a bit, as I wonder how on earth can they cook all these different meals to a decent standard - I prefer a small menu, as generally I have found the food to be very well done

We've never been there for a roast before so will have to report back. But we have been there for other meals and they have been very good
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    https://www.justopenedlondon.com/londons-worst-restaurant-names/
  • Options
    ''Hi! Is this the best local restaurant for Sunday roasts?''
    'Well, it depends on where you live'
  • Options
    Took my parents to lunch at the Savoy around christmas probably 20 years ago and dropped 250 quid....for lunch !!!
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Been there for donkey's years...has a decent reputation and my parents love it... When we go there with them I always ask them who their favourite son is - they never get the joke...
  • Options

We've never been there for a roast before so will have to report back. But we have been there for other meals and they have been very good
    Well we went today but I can't tell you, unfortunately, what the calibre of the roast is. I decided to book a table for 6.30pm (the wife thinks I did that because of the football and cricket but I pleaded the fifth amendment on that one) not realising that the last serving of the roast was 4.00pm. We had a very enjoyable a la carte meal instead albeit a tad more expensive than originally anticipated and will have to give the roast a try in a few weeks time - there has to be an international break coming up doesn't there?
  • Options
    Anyone been to The Depot in Kidbrooke village?  Me n Mrs BR7 eyeing it up for next week.  
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Everyone round yours then.
    If you'd ever tasted my cooking, you wouldn't say that. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't been there but my son tells me the Beast of Brixton does a very good Sunday roast. 
  • Options
    Tigers head in chislehurst was quite good. I saw it has a Greene King sign on the wall so i thought it would be microwaved food but its a Chef and Brewer and it was really decent.
  • Options
    Very rarely go out locally for Sunday lunch but had a lovely roast yesterday in the little bistro attached to the Imperial Arms in Chislehurst. Very cosy lille converted coach house with courtyard. Loads of meat and good service. Would def return. 
  • Options
    Very rarely go out locally for Sunday lunch but had a lovely roast yesterday in the little bistro attached to the Imperial Arms in Chislehurst. Very cosy lille converted coach house with courtyard. Loads of meat and good service. Would def return. 
    Nice place, especially with the Red Red Robins outside!
  • Options
    The Impy is great for food. Try their Philly Cheese Steak next time. 
  • Options
    Anyone been to The Depot in Kidbrooke village?  Me n Mrs BR7 eyeing it up for next week.  
    Bit late to reply but I have. 

Food is decent but service is so slow it's practically in reverse. Good pub food though. 
  • Options
    Best for a budget - 3 Crutches in Strood 
    Best for grandeur- The Knowle in Higham 
    Best newcomer- Que and Brew at the huntsman in Rochester 

Most disappointing- Brettingtons in Rochester high Street, might have gone on a bad day/chefs day off as they are normally top notch 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Food is decent but service is so slow it's practically in reverse. Good pub food though. 
    Not as good as its predecessor. You got offered stuff very quickly in there. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Huskaris said:

We go there pretty often. Agree the normal menu is good but thought the roast was disappointing. Lovely big pub, great for kids. 
  • Options
    Not exactly local, but had a fantastic roast at the black rabbit in Arundel yesterday.