Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ULEZ Checker

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Rothko said:
    The anti-ULEZers, have no concern for the poorest Londoners, who are affected by air pollution and have the worst health outcomes. 
    I mean I've already stated that I'd be more understanding if Khan had implemented a scheme like Glasgow where my car would be banned, with me getting a penalty, not a charge if I drove my car into London.

I'd still be annoyed, because of the "Diesel is better than Petrol" line that got rolled out about a decade ago - But at least its proof they'd be caring about those with health issues. Instead by making it a charge, they're proving they want it to be a money making scheme

"Snigger"... Imagine by this point, thinking that any Politician has OUR best interests at heart.
  • Options
    So the anti ulez crowd have moved on from any debate about the policy and instead are sniggering about death threats to an elected representative. 
    oh behave
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    So the anti ulez crowd have moved on from any debate about the policy and instead are sniggering about death threats to an elected representative. 
    oh behave
    Proper character our kenty 🤣
  • Options
    The policy is accepted by most. 

The way it has been introduced I.e. without much notice and on such a penal scale is the issue. 
  • Options
    This article appeared in the Standard fairly recently.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    The anti-ULEZers, have no concern for the poorest Londoners, who are affected by air pollution and have the worst health outcomes. 
    but i should be able to take my dogs for a walk once a week in my 4x4 :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sounds like something Sadiq would do.... oh hold on a minute.
    wonder why the met thought he needed an armoured 4x4 issued, wonder what that could be 
    Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.
    Lolz. I thought he cycled everywhere or is that just the last 100 yards for the photo opportunity?
    That was Johnson. Although he did cycle from his home in Islington to Westminster. 
    Why are so many obsessed with how the Mayor gets around London? I know he used to take the tube, but I guess the Met aren’t allowing that because the death threats. 
    He’s a ‘conviction politician’, a refreshing change from the more commonly sighted ‘corrupt politician’. He may or may not be wrong about expanding ULEZ, but it’s hard to deny he’s doing it out of the conviction that’s it’s the right thing to do. He’s also aware that it could cost him his job. In an era where everything in politics is about winning, rather than doing the right thing…

Please hit the like button here ↙️
    or the lol button here ⤵️
    Thanks 👍
    khan could shit gold and find the cure for cancer and the same people would hate him "because there's something about him i don't like"

I wonder what that could be...
    On this thread i've seen criticism of the charge being too high (fair enough imo) and too low. Coming in too quickly and having enough time for errors to be resolved. Mocking of a poster's wife having Asthma after growing up in Biggin Hill. Evidence that pollution is high in outer London. Seems like some people aren't too sure why they're against it. I'm guessing these aren't people who now have to pay £12.50 extra a day and aren't in the scrappage scheme.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It has - normally Plum, but Kent has form as well.
  • Options
    about time…
  • Options
    about time…
    Yep, about time, and good for the safety of everyone involved 
  • Options
    about time…
    The sad thing is... How many people genuinely pay attention to the Speed Limit now?

The best way to enforce this will be Speed Bumps, but some of those in the Bromley Borough (around Orpington) can cripple your car if you dont do 10mph over them.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    but i should be able to take my dogs for a walk once a week in my 4x4 :angry::angry::angry::angry:

wonder why the met thought he needed an armoured 4x4 issued, wonder what that could be 
    Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.
    Lolz. I thought he cycled everywhere or is that just the last 100 yards for the photo opportunity?
    That was Johnson. Although he did cycle from his home in Islington to Westminster. 
    Why are so many obsessed with how the Mayor gets around London? I know he used to take the tube, but I guess the Met aren’t allowing that because the death threats. 
    He’s a ‘conviction politician’, a refreshing change from the more commonly sighted ‘corrupt politician’. He may or may not be wrong about expanding ULEZ, but it’s hard to deny he’s doing it out of the conviction that’s it’s the right thing to do. He’s also aware that it could cost him his job. In an era where everything in politics is about winning, rather than doing the right thing…

Thanks 👍
    khan could shit gold and find the cure for cancer and the same people would hate him "because there's something about him i don't like"

On this thread i've seen criticism of the charge being too high (fair enough imo) and too low. Coming in too quickly and having enough time for errors to be resolved. Mocking of a poster's wife having Asthma after growing up in Biggin Hill. Evidence that pollution is high in outer London. Seems like some people aren't too sure why they're against it. I'm guessing these aren't people who now have to pay £12.50 extra a day and aren't in the scrappage scheme.
    ‘Any London resident living in one of the 32 London boroughs or the City of London with an eligible vehicle can apply to scrap a car or motorcycle, as you no longer need to receive certain benefits to apply.’
  • Options
    Still not sure why ULEZ is such a bad idea, since every excuse been thrown about simply boils down to being unable to drive your 4x4 around london. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    about time…
    The sad thing is... How many people genuinely pay attention to the Speed Limit now?

The best way to enforce this will be Speed Bumps, but some of those in the Bromley Borough (around Orpington) can cripple your car if you dont do 10mph over them.

We’ve had the 20mph limit in our area for a while now so have got used to it. The irony of the 20mph and speed bumps in a ULEZ area is you really need a big, automatic transmission car for that type of driving. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

Well I haven't seen that mentioned on here, not for a while if it has - Seems you're the one noticing what that might be, I just see him as the Mayor of London.

You seem desperate to throw accusations (Far-Right Terrorism | Death Threats | Now his Origins in these last two pages), rather than discuss the actual matter of the thread title.
    What have i accussed people of? I think it's a pretty well established fact far right terrorism is on the rise, khan has recieved death threats (I mentioned both in response to why he gets carted around in an armoured car) and how is the fact he was born in tooting relevant and when have i mentioned that??
    You've mentioned all three on this Thread... which if you need a hand, is a discussion about ULEZ

NOT Far Right Terrorism... NOT about Death Theats

If a Lifer on here had spat those insults towards Khan on here then I'd agree, but unless you can show them, why bring them up?

As for talking about Tooting, you're making yourself look a troll now, given you've just said: "because there's something about him i don't like" - I wonder what that could be...
    I mentioned the death threats and far right terrorism because some one asked "why does he roll around in a 4x4?". Are we to not respond to quite decent questions (since fining people for driving a 4x4 and then driving around in one is a reasonable accusation of hypocrisy). That's why i "brought them up" - since it was relevant to the discussion at the time, I'm not sure why this is such a sore point for you.

How am i trolling? You're the one who mentioned his "origins", not me. He's from tooting - when did i mention that?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

‘Any London resident living in one of the 32 London boroughs or the City of London with an eligible vehicle can apply to scrap a car or motorcycle, as you no longer need to receive certain benefits to apply.’
    The people outside of London that want to drive some big old smoker in.

Pointless of me to say it again but there was hardly any outrage when it was introduced in inner London. There's been a lot of social media politicking now that it's being extended into a region where people vote differently. I read Kent's post as indicating that rather than a race thing.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

ooh, I am gonna have a guess

Do people default hate him because he went to Eton ?
    Nah, it's because he's a lawyer. 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    MrOneLung said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

I think now maybe it’s because he’s from Tooting, but had no idea people had a problem with some one for that! 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    cafcfan said:
    MrOneLung said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

I think now maybe it’s because he’s from Tooting, but had no idea people had a problem with some one for that! 
    Well you seem scared suddenly of elaborating on your original comment... I have no issue if he's from Tooting or wherever, because it has no relevance on the ULEZ or his job as Mayor of London.

But to say that people have issue with something about him, that they dont like... and refuse to elaborate... Well you cant complain when you're called a troll can you
  • Options
    Sadly I think you would be hard pressed to find a senior / high profile politician that hasn't received a credible death threat.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    MrOneLung said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

Well you seem scared suddenly of elaborating on your original comment... I have no issue if he's from Tooting or wherever, because it has no relevance on the ULEZ or his job as Mayor of London.

But to say that people have issue with something about him, that they dont like... and refuse to elaborate... Well you cant complain when you're called a troll can you
    Sorry, was thrown by your “origins” comment, that you’ve refused to elaborate on - by your own admission the fact he’s from Tooting is irrelevant, so I’m not sure why you mentioned his “origins”? Care to elaborate and we can return to the discussion? 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    cafcfan said:
    MrOneLung said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

Sorry, was thrown by your “origins” comment, that you’ve refused to elaborate on - by your own admission the fact he’s from Tooting is irrelevant, so I’m not sure why you mentioned his “origins”? Care to elaborate and we can return to the discussion? 
    I just have elaborated...

I dont care if his Origins means he's from Tooting or somewhere else in the world... His ability to the job is what matters.

Now why don't you elaborate by your original comment, that you continue to evade... What is about him, that people might not like?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Go on, I'm all ears?
    far right terrorists.

Thanks 👍

The people outside of London that want to drive some big old smoker in.

Pointless of me to say it again but there was hardly any outrage when it was introduced in inner London. There's been a lot of social media politicking now that it's being extended into a region where people vote differently. I read Kent's post as indicating that rather than a race thing.
    If that's what he meant, then he could have said that, or indeed clarified at many points afterwards but he hasn't.

I will stick to the obvious thanks.