Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Brokenshire RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sleep tight, James.
  • Options
    I would like to stress i am a life long Tory btw.  Sorry, forgot to mention my political affiliation on an RIP thread...
  • Options
    I don’t vote Conservative but he was a likeable member of the party and seemed very nice man.

He has made a few lovely speeches at Remembrance Sunday in St Johns Church. 

I thought earlier in the year, when he stepped back, it was a worrying sign.

RIP James and thanks for serving us

• Options
    Died too young from a horrible illness.  As a confirmed left-winger I think he seemed like a decent man and by no means the worst of his party.  If more there were more like him the world would be better.  RIP.
  • Options
    RIP James
  • Options
    Very sad RIP.
  • Options
    Sad news - looks like her suffered for a long time with this diabolical disease.  RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to hear the personal comments on James Brokenshire as he appeared to be a genuinely decent man who was well respected across the political divide.

Cancer doesn't care about your politics, age, gender, sexual orientation or Ethnicity.

RIP James Brokenshire
  • Options
    I abhor the current government, and I am a life-long Labour voter. Even so, saw James genuine admiration of the NHS and its staff at several events (I work locally in the NHS). Gone too soon, and clearly a good human. RIP.
  • Options
    Good bloke was James. Met him on a number of occasions over the years. My most sincerest condolences to his family. God bless … RIPJames
  • Options
    Was my MP when I lived in Sidcup and filled the shoes of Ted Heath for the constituency. Heard his cancer had come back but had no idea it was terminal. RIP
    I had cause to contact him as my MP and found him to be very sincere and helpful. Unlike Heath, who once said to a friend of mine "I don't do local politics"! Just a point of correction, between the two we had the wonderful Derek Conway, who was one of the pioneers of expense fiddling.

Anyway, sad news to lose one of the few trustworthy politicians. RIP James.
  • Options
    Funeral is today 
    RIP
  • Options
    I’ve only just seen this.
    So very sad.
    RIP 🙏🏻❤️