Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2021/22 Charlton Life Kit Sponsorship - SHIRT & DINNER DRAW WINNERS

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Was sat at the table with Elliott Lee and Chuks Aneke. Both very polite chaps. Good to meet some fellow Lifers too.

Great evening!
  • Options
    Just on way home from the dinner, thanks for @Curb_It for organising our input. First one I’ve been to and had a cracking evening. Was lucky enough to be sat on table with Gilbey and Dobson, two really lovely fellas who were a pleasure to be with. Was chatting all night.

Hope all the other lifers there had an equally great night. Was great to see some old acquaintances and put some faces to names I’ve not met before. 

Gilbey thanked us for choosing him for our sponsorship and really liked our scheme idea that gives everyone the opportunity to contribute. So thank you to everyone who contributed this year.

The downside though is I’m 45 mins into the loopy loop train home to Sidcup and still going. I really will give in to Uber one day :-) 
    Don’t diss the loop, your not pwopa Charlton 
  • Options
    Another trivial bit of info.

Karl Robinson doesn't like flying hence his teams often spend pre-season in places like Ireland he can get to by ferry.

When we went to Spain the players flew and he drove.

No idea where the pre-season training camp will be this summer, assuming there is one. Players are back in training on 4 June.
  • Options
    Another trivial bit of info.

Karl Robinson doesn't like flying hence his teams often spend pre-season in places like Ireland he can get to by ferry.

When we went to Spain the players flew and he drove.

No idea where the pre-season training camp will be this summer, assuming there is one. Players are back in training on 4 June.
    Got told pre-season starts on 16th June so is that when our first game is or are some of them not sure? 😂
  • Options
    I was on the same table as @cafctom and @Carl Leaburn it appears (silly flowery shirt).  I was a bit surprised how big Chuks was but still slim and skinny.  But him and Inniss are fucking units!

I managed a nice chat with A couple of lifers and Raelynn (Mrs Sandgaard) who is lovely.

Nice evening but disappointed Mr Sandgard or Jacko didn’t say a few words.  They were at opposite ends of the room…..read into that what you want
  • Options
    Just on way home from the dinner, thanks for @Curb_It for organising our input. First one I’ve been to and had a cracking evening. Was lucky enough to be sat on table with Gilbey and Dobson, two really lovely fellas who were a pleasure to be with. Was chatting all night.

Hope all the other lifers there had an equally great night. Was great to see some old acquaintances and put some faces to names I’ve not met before. 

Gilbey thanked us for choosing him for our sponsorship and really liked our scheme idea that gives everyone the opportunity to contribute. So thank you to everyone who contributed this year.

The downside though is I’m 45 mins into the loopy loop train home to Sidcup and still going. I really will give in to Uber one day :-) 
    That’s all well and good mate but can you answer the most important question, what was the vegetarian option?
  • Options

That’s all well and good mate but can you answer the most important question, what was the vegetarian option?
    Roasted vegetable gnocchi and very nice it looked as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks to everybody who's been describing the evening, it's nice to attend vicariously through your reports :)
  • Options
    That Scott Fraser look-alike photo is brilliant. Absolute ringer.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Can someone remind me of the poster on here who is involved in the women’s team? Trying to track down the shirt we sponsored.

The that was working in the Commercial office last year, Jo, has left and not got a proper answer since.  Would be nice to give the shirt to the winner of the thing!  
  • Options
    @Vienna_Addick I still have the shirt you won last season? I found it in my work drawer! Can I post to you? I’m happy to post it. 

Still not got the women’s shirt we won. Did I see shirt sponsorship mentioned in another thread somewhere yesterday?? 
  • Options
    Is there shirt sponsorship this season or was it decided to withdraw our support? I vaguely recall seeing some discussion but can't remember the conclusion.
  • Options
    Is there shirt sponsorship this season or was it decided to withdraw our support? I vaguely recall seeing some discussion but can't remember the conclusion.
    No, not doing it this year. We didn’t get all the shirts we sponsored last year, we never got all our sponsorships listed online or in the programme, and we’ve still not got the photos back of the prize winners at the dinner with their sponsored players. So we’ll pass this year and reassess next year. 
    Are you still on your way home on the loopy loop train?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, not doing it this year. We didn’t get all the shirts we sponsored last year, we never got all our sponsorships listed online or in the programme, and we’ve still not got the photos back of the prize winners at the dinner with their sponsored players. So we’ll pass this year and reassess next year. 
    Cheers. Yet another depressing example of our club going down the toilet. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    @Vienna_Addick I still have the shirt you won last season? I found it in my work drawer! Can I post to you? I’m happy to post it. 

@Curb_It I should be coming over for a game before Xmas. Could you hang on to it for a while longer? If you mail it, I will be stuck with a load of customs duties. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Yes no problem. I’ll hold on to it. Message me nearer the time to remind me. 
  • Options
    That’s really sad - in fact disgraceful for a commercial arrangement. 

Not sure news has reached you yet, but to add another dampener, the loopy loop train is being binned off - as reported by one of our own:

https://853.london/2022/09/29/watchdog-and-mps-unhappy-as-tory-cuts-hit-southeastern-services/

• Options
    Disgusting but not surprising