Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jacko and Euell?

Surely Adkins has to go. I’d like Jacko and Jason to be given a go. What do you think? 

Comments

• Options
    Lots to like in principle but how do we know they are not part of the problem?

Overall I would probably take the chance. Can’t be any worse.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    They'd be my pick

Charlton are rarely successful when they dont have an ex-Player as Manager

We were successful last time because we had a fresh new Manager in Bowyer - Agree with what someone said on another thread that Adkins (at this level when you need to take risks and win promotion, and not just aim for mid-table safety) is perhaps a little outdated now and we need someone younger with fresh ideas.

Just look at Duff and Ainsworth from these last two games
  • Options

That’s why you give them a couple of games as caretakers. If they get a reaction it’ll show the players weren’t playing for Adkins.
  • Options

For me its the fact that Jackson is the one person who has won a game whilst coming from behind.
  • Options
    It’s a gamble I know but something has to change. Big question. Would they be up to it?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Next manager has to be Jackson. If it’s not Jackson, people will questioning why it’s not him. Personally, feel like we have to give Jackson a chance. If we bring someone new in Jackson won’t stay around as a coach.
  • Options
    Think JE and JJ is a fair shout tbh, NA has more than a whiff of yesterday's man about him ,and young joint managers worked well before, and yes times change but these guys are ready imo.
  • Options
    Only way I want Jackson and Euell is if Adkins is gone before another man is identified. Give them six games and during that time do a recruitment process. If they’ve done really well you can still give it to them. 
  • Options
    Chris houghton for me, or Michael Beale if he’s still interested! 

• Options

For me its the fact that Jackson is the one person who has won a game whilst coming from behind.
    He didn’t though, the players did. Never make a judgement on a temporary manager just picking and overseeing a team. Kevin Nugent would be the next Guardiola 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great duo, their already licking their chops at the prospect

Adkins has until hes lost the dressing room imo, then bon voyage

I think they will do well. Bodies will be on the line again, dare i say it, like when LB was boss 

Just what we need right now, mr nice guy wont cut the mustard.  

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Think people overrate Jackson so much because he's 'charlton'. 

Euell has actually managed a team. Should be the pick of the two. 
  • Options

He didn’t though, the players did. Never make a judgement on a temporary manager just picking and overseeing a team. Kevin Nugent would be the next Guardiola 
    Very true, but if thats the case why havent the players managed to do it more?

Feel that Jackson was the one to galvinise them into that victory - Although agree on the Kevin Nugent comment
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Adkins has managed teams... Might as well keep him if thats the requirement as he's the most experienced

Play-Offs have certainly gone already, think now is the perfect time to blood either Jackson / Euell as it doesnt overly matter if it doesnt work perfectly this time, just need them to ensure we're not playing Sutton or Barrow next term
  • Options

It worked with Powell and Bowyer .. and Curbs .  
  • Options
    JJ Manager with Curbs as mentor
  • Options
    Great duo, their already licking their chops at the prospect

Adkins has until hes lost the dressing room imo, then bon voyage

I think they will do well. Bodies will be on the line again, dare i say it, like when LB was boss 

Just what we need right now, mr nice guy wont cut the mustard.  

It has to be Jackson and euell taking over.

Why not make them a duo. Curbs/Steve gritt vibe 

They will both have the same job title. I see nothing wrong with that idea at all.

Get rid of Adkins and give it 10 games.

Hopefully it will be good enough to make them permanent.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    No. Just no. 
    I'm sure I've heard many times that JJ is in charge of certain aspects of the team/game such as set pieces etc and they are absolutely dreadful. If that's a sign, I'd rather pass and get someone proper in. Not a no mark with no experience and not some dinosaur who no one else wanted. 
    But of course it'll be whatever the cheapest option is - which will probably be not sacking old Nigel at all and waiting for him to sod off of his own accord just like last season with Bowyer. 
    It might only work with Curbs involved somehow. 
  • Options
    Hopefully TS "has plans for Nigel?" 
    Unless NA gets pts at Gills & Tractor boys games then its time for a change
    Addicks will be a sunken submarine if we come out of these games with nowt & TS will need a new captain at the bridge ASAP
    Why not give JJ & Euell a chance, TS you need an experienced CEO & there's no harm in Curbs becoming a director on the board?  We've blown the league apart, problem is we've blew a massive hole and have sunken to the bottom!

• Options
    The constant Curbs clamouring is becoming ridiculous now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No to Jackson and Euell they are also part of the failed first team management.
  • Options
    Give them a few games with a target and you can change if no impact. Bring in an experienced manager and you are stuck with them.
  • Options
    Euell should be put in charge for tuesday , Jackson is far too involved with Adkins wankery imo
  • Options
    I worry they are part of the current problem. I know that’s almost a treasonable statement but it feels the current set up is off somewhere and not clear (as I have zero inside knowledge) if it’s solely  Adkins. 

For what it’s worth I say stick with Adkins and JJ and JE for now. Too soon too do anything now as the window is shut anyway and it needs the current squad to resolve it. 

• Options

Jackson's in charge of our set pieces and they've been dogshit for the majority of that tenure. I love the bloke but don't get the clamouring to give him the reins.
  • Options
    Euell should be put in charge for tuesday , Jackson is far too involved with Adkins wankery imo
    Was Jackson involved in such wankery when he was assistant manager during our promotion season too?

Jackson in.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Was Jackson involved in such wankery when he was assistant manager during our promotion season too?

Jackson in.
    I'm not saying Jackson has done anything wrong just he's too involved in a management team that isn't working and shouldn't be the one to take over

it's unfortunate but something needs to change and we can't let sentiment get in the way of that.

all just my opinion of coarse 
  • Options
    Think Jackson would be more than adequate.

He's done the hard yards at this club and more than deserves a crack at it.
  • Options
    JJ or Euell or both may or may not work, but they are free hits. It is worth taking a free hit as it can come off as Curbs did. Appointing another Adkins means you are stuck with them if it doesn't work.