Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 18th September 2021

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Charlton looked good in the first twenty minutes, but even then, with our change of players and systems, we didn’t look anything special. Conversely, our away fans were in good spirit though! Once Wycombe gained a foothold, this match was only going to go one way.

Oddly, on about 80 mins, Wycombe decided they could see the game out with only 10 men by bringing on an almost completely immobile Akinfenwa. That took much of the wind out of Wycombe’s sails. Their movement up front stopped completely and we were allowed space to grow back into the game. Unfortunately, being devoid of confidence, we wouldn’t have enough to capitalise.

Fresh legged Corey Blackett-Taylor provided a spark, beating his man consistently with skill, power, and pace and delivering direct play on the left hand side. But we weren’t rewarded until on 91 mins, Lavelle headed in his first goal of the season and in an Addick’s shirt from a corner. 

On 92 mins, with a bit of luck, we could have found an equalizer from a goalmouth scramble. But it wasn’t to be. This match was lost in the first 80 minutes.

Bottom line: We’re devoid of ideas and confidence. We’re not getting nearly enough shots on target playing these formations, and we’re not nearly good enough defensively to survive that way.

Wycombe 2 Charlton 1

Comments

• Options
    Good lord....we are awful 
  • Options
    The pitchforks and torches may very well amass
  • Options
    Not sure why or how we manage it but it was the same last season with playing stockley we are just horrible to watch and play shocking even when he scored we lost or didnt play well

everytime aneke played from the start or came on we were better and had more attacking impetus

time to drop him for a few games for CBT or davison with washington and leko
  • Options
    Same shit different day. The whole thing is an absolute shit show. 
  • Options
    Same old shit. Too many sideways and backwards passes. Stockley poor, can't remember him winning a header and it going to a Charlton player. I could be wrong but I can't remember one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stockley needs to be on the bench, bring him on in the Chuks role if necessary 
  • Options
    Yep dreadful. Only one player came away with any credit. Are they playing for Adkins? Thomas needs to think seriously about the state of play at present.
  • Options
    Only one person to blame.
  • Options
    Adkins has to go ASAP. That was awful and for me it’s 100% on him. I don’t think he has a clue. 
  • Options

Goodness me
  • Options
    That was painful to watch. 
    Adkins has to go sooner rather than later. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Sitting here waiting with baited breath for the post match tripe from Nige's norf & sarf..... I am so fu*king hacked off at that display...he has to go, we are totally clueless :s:s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    No faith in this manager or the players. Awful stuff, this is possibly the worst Charlton team I’ve seen, and we’ve had some crap. He has to go for me, give it to Jacko and see how we go. Davison did more in 10 minutes than Stockley has done in 3 games. He needs to be dropped.

Gunter can do one, Charlie Barker is a better option than him and less of a liability. It’s going to be a long season.
  • Options
    Joint bottom, not sure what to say. We appear so far off the pace it's embarrassing 
  • Options
    Love and peace everyone 
  • Options
    Adkins out for me, plain and simple. 

The fact he’s changed formation and had players start one week and then not even in the 18 the next sums up how much he’s panicking already, we don’t want a panicker, we want someone who knows we’ll come good eventually and who has a clear strategy.

I don’t think there’ll be a single tear if we do pump him this early.
  • Options
    Adkins post match team talk

Kids soccer football - coach comfort little soccer player who is crying  after a missed goal Stock Photo - Alamy
  • Options
    Get this manager gone ASAP. Also our midfield looks like they do a raffle for random people off the street to get a game and today was no different to any other week. Famewo has been a joke , Gunter is awful and the front 3 anonymous. We are in for a seriously long hard season with this clown in charge.
  • Options
    Has Nigel gone yet?