Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• literally run the fuckers over, the old bill will steam in on most scenarios but not when these poxy tree huggers are involved - drag them off the road and cuff them.

the ones the other day that blocked the M25 for 4 hours, how on earth are they allowed to get away with that.
    Couldn’t agree more. They should be treated like the average football fan, they would soon move on then.

• what @palarsehater said - can't believe they are allowed to get away with what they are doing.

• iainment said:
    You can’t make an omelette without breaking an egg.
    The point about protests is that it should be noticed. 
    I applaud the protesters on this as they are right about the climate change and the effects not having good insulation has on it.
    Oh, I agree with their sentiments but not the way they are going about it in this instance. In fact they end up alienating people who might otherwise support their cause. Ok it makes the news but it’s people going about their daily lives that they are affecting, affecting businesses, affecting peoples livelihoods. It’s ok for them as they are probably out of work, taken a days holiday if they work and tomorrow they will be going back to their lives as if nothing has changed whilst others have to pick up the pieces of theirs.

The police should drag them off and charge them with trespass, obstruction or whatever. 

• Can add the aviation fuel to it now aswell proper parcels this lot. 
  • Leuth said:
    Have all sorts of mixed feelings about this. I agree that targeting major industrial polluters directly would be a better look and gain more sympathy, but is it also more likely to land the protesters in major legal trouble? Should one be a martyr for the cause? Is publicity enough? 

Road traffic is a major source of pollution but it doesn't have to be. Protest the manufacturers who aren't going electric. Protest Shell. 
    I'd have thought bunging the M25 up would cause them trouble. Good. I've got no time for poorly thought through protests like this. Right near the hospital. I have massive sympathy for the cause, as do large numbers of Joe Public, but they are pissing people off fast - the wrong people. No doubt a bunch of tree-hugging vegans who give the vegan cause another hoof in the bollox. Happy Wednesday to you all.

• Sponsored links:

• These people will 100% be on the right side of history when all is said and done

The inconvenience these people are causing will be nothing compared to the "inconvenience" of doing nothing about climate change
    Maybe go and protest in Bangladesh - you know a country that do v little - oh yeah they won’t - pricks end of 
  • Gribbo said:
    They held it on that roundabout so the protesters can park their cars safely in Harvester car park. C****
    Miller and Carter now and you need to sign in and register vehicles. Agree with the c**** comment though
  • edited September 2021
    These people will 100% be on the right side of history when all is said and done

The inconvenience these people are causing will be nothing compared to the "inconvenience" of doing nothing about climate change
    Maybe go and protest in Bangladesh - you know a country that do v little - oh yeah they won’t - pricks end of 
    I would think that the protesters are fully aware that the UK may not be one of the main offenders in contributing to climate change.
    However, as one of the world's leading nations, the UK government will definitely need to take a lead in working towards a Global solution. 
  • These people will 100% be on the right side of history when all is said and done

I think you're the one missing the point - this inconvenience that is being caused won't do ANYTHING to affect the problem. Things are are already in place that are going to affect the problem, but they can only be done systematically. That is the point. 

What about the people who are effected by this, who are meant to be at the hospital today? Will they just be collateral damage if anything serious happens?
  • Seabros said:
    iainment said:
    I applaud the protesters on this as they are right about the climate change and the effects not having good insulation has on it.
    Trouble is this ignores the pillars of the establishment eg elections, parliament, the government, the law etc etc. What if I had a cause that I totally believed in and decided that the way to pursue it would be to tamper with the pitch at the Valley for every home game, making it unplayable and inconveniencing 15k Charlton supporters to make my point?  Who is to say that your/their cause is more important or deserving than mine? Presumably that falls to the establishment ie parliament,  the government, the law etc. See the problem? Anarchy isn't the answer. 
    Using your logic no one should express an opinion or take an action on anything.

I would think that the protesters are fully aware that the UK may not be one of the main offenders in contributing to climate change.
    However, as one of the world's leading nations, the UK government will definitely need to take a lead in working towards a Global solution. 
    Yeh - We could start by leading on a World Climate Change summit like COP26 being held in this Country asap.

...........Sorry, what's that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the ringleaders of this protest location choice are agents provocateurs implanted by the petrochemical sector (or their allies in government), but then I don't know internal XR workings enough to calculate the likelihood of this. I take a lot of these public inconvenience actions with a pinch of salt. 
  • Addickted said:
    These people will 100% be on the right side of history when all is said and done

Yeh - We could start by leading on a World Climate Change summit like COP26 being held in this Country asap.

...........Sorry, what's that?
    All those world leaders flying in... Same with the summit in Cornwall in June

Have none of them heard of the powers on Zoom?
  • Croydon said:
    Rothko said:
    turn ya engine off, no need to idle when your at a stop 
    I'd leave it on out of spite, and probably rev it too.
    Lorries ticking over on 4000rpm....."What that luv? Speak up I can't here you"
  • Leuth said:
    Have all sorts of mixed feelings about this. I agree that targeting major industrial polluters directly would be a better look and gain more sympathy, but is it also more likely to land the protesters in major legal trouble? Should one be a martyr for the cause? Is publicity enough? 

Road traffic is a major source of pollution but it doesn't have to be. Protest the manufacturers who aren't going electric. Protest Shell. 
    Yes, if they care about it enough. None of them have jobs anyway, seeing as these protests are always on a weekday, so what have they got to lose?

The public do their bit and, even if we all recycled everything, it won't make a tiny bit of difference until the corporates/governments change. This lot are constantly targeting the wrong people and it does nothing but harm the cause imo.

• iainment said:
    Seabros said:
    iainment said:
    Trouble is this ignores the pillars of the establishment eg elections, parliament, the government, the law etc etc. What if I had a cause that I totally believed in and decided that the way to pursue it would be to tamper with the pitch at the Valley for every home game, making it unplayable and inconveniencing 15k Charlton supporters to make my point?  Who is to say that your/their cause is more important or deserving than mine? Presumably that falls to the establishment ie parliament,  the government, the law etc. See the problem? Anarchy isn't the answer. 
    Using your logic no one should express an opinion or take an action on anything.
    No, using that logic, no one should bloke motorways. You're still free to express your opinion
  • iainment said:
    Seabros said:
    iainment said:
    We live in a democracy.

The proletariat get to express their opinion on a regularly agreed basis, free from any pressure from the thought police or intimidation, in the way they chose to vote, both locally and nationally.

Why is putting their time, effort and (quite obvious) wealth these protesters seem to have in the most relevant political party that supports their cause, not acceptable to them? The UK has one Green MP.
  • Gribbo said:
    iainment said:
    Seabros said:
    iainment said:
    No, using that logic, no one should bloke motorways. You're still free to express your opinion
    What about the ladies ?
  • It would be interesting to see how these protestors would be treated in China..............
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!