Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• edited September 2021
    The swampy freaks decided to go and give it the biggun at smithfield meat market a week or 2 ago.

Not on a work day mind. They decided to go on a Saturday when its closed as they knew they wouldnt get beats. Hard nuts.
  • My loft is very well insulated and we have cavity wall insulation.
    Will these clowns let me drive through for my next hospital appointment?
    We should get water cannons out to move them!
    Saw one of their lot on This Morning arguing with Suzanna Reid 
    and Richard Madeley the other day. Seemed quite dim.
  • The swampy freaks decided to go and give it the biggun at smithfield meat market a week or 2 ago.

Not on a work day mind. They decided to go on a Saturday when its closed as they knew they wouldnt get beats. Hard nuts.
    My knowledge on climate change is thin but fairly certain they don’t consider themselves a firm of hard nuts.  
  • My loft is very well insulated and we have cavity wall insulation.
    Will these clowns let me drive through for my next hospital appointment?
    We should get water cannons out to move them!
    Saw one of their lot on This Morning arguing with Suzanna Reid 
    and Richard Madeley the other day. Seemed quite dim.
    Not enough nutrients from tofu, probably a bit tired.
  • I would absolutely hammer these worthless pricks to the full extent of the law,stopping genuine people going to work,school,hospital etc. just to justify their miserable existance.A lot of these tossers are no doubt rent a mobs who turn up at every protest they can attend.They wont make one bit of difference to climate change or whatever their beef is,the problems are already known and these brain dead turds wont contribute to any change.I look forward to 6 month jail terms and 5 figure fines(ha  ha ha ,dont be a naughty boy and dont do it again.)
    I use this roundabout to get to my weekly golf with a few mates,if they had held me up,I am pretty sure I would have steamed into them.
  • edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    Reminder: it is possible to condemn protestors without condemning their cause 
    To be fair that's what nearly everyone has been doing. 
    Their "cause" and their "demands" are two different things. Their "demand" is net zero by 2025. Luckily they have fuck all chance of their "demands" being met. 

Meanwhile, the rest of society can accelerate positive actions that support the focus on climate change without wrecking livelihoods and economies in the process.
    How on earth can anyone saying they hope their 'demands' of net zero by 2025 aren't met? I assume as someone gets a bit older and more 'experienced' they also get more complacent and don't like change - no positive change ever happens without some ambition behind it.

The world will be a completely different place in decades because of a lack of ambition, it's probably not best to ridicule the ambition to change one of the most important issues this world has. 
    Because the impact of doing so by 2025 would mean economic and social change beyond that which is realistic, acceptable or deliverable.

It would mean we would need to fundamentally reorganise as a society in 3 and a half years, from transport infrastructure and usage, to nationwide energy delivery, to food production and transportation, to leisure and entertainment, to housing and travel, to global economics and engagement- a fundamental paradigm shift in how we live, whilst the world around us remains sensible, appropriate, and economically and socially competent (at our expense).

So yes, I fundamentally hope that their "demands" aren't met by 2025. As I say, luckily they have fuck all chance (and even less as they alienate the very people they need to support them). 

• The swampy freaks decided to go and give it the biggun at smithfield meat market a week or 2 ago.

My knowledge on climate change is thin but fairly certain they don’t consider themselves a firm of hard nuts.  
    They protested at a meat market that wasnt even open because they didnt fancy the agg. If they take a bit of a beating from some unhappy drivers maybe their next protest will be to sit down on a road that's not even in use. Freaks.
  • Leuth said:
    Reminder: it is possible to condemn protestors without condemning their cause 
    To be fair that's what nearly everyone has been doing. 
    Their "cause" and their "demands" are two different things. Their "demand" is net zero by 2025. Luckily they have fuck all chance of their "demands" being met. 

Meanwhile, the rest of society can accelerate positive actions that support the focus on climate change without wrecking livelihoods and economies in the process.
    How on earth can anyone saying they hope their 'demands' of net zero by 2025 aren't met? I assume as someone gets a bit older and more 'experienced' they also get more complacent and don't like change - no positive change ever happens without some ambition behind it.

The world will be a completely different place in decades because of a lack of ambition, it's probably not best to ridicule the ambition to change one of the most important issues this world has. 
    Because the impact of doing so by 2025 would mean economic and social change beyond that which is realistic, acceptable or deliverable.

It would mean we would need to fundamentally reorganise as a society in 3 and a half years, from transport infrastructure and usage, to nationwide energy delivery, to food production and transportation, to leisure and entertainment, to housing and travel, to global economics and engagement- a fundamental paradigm shift in how we live, whilst the world around us remains sensible, appropriate, and economically and socially competent (at our expense).

So yes, I fundamentally hope that their "demands" aren't met by 2025. As I say, luckily they have fuck all chance (and even less as they alienate the very people they need to support them). 

There's going to be a fundamental paradigm shift in how we live anyway whether we choose it or not.

We can do fuck all and we probably will and if we are lucky we will be dead before the shit properly hits the fan, but our children won't be.

That's the point.  
  • edited September 2021
    I would absolutely hammer these worthless pricks to the full extent of the law,stopping genuine people going to work,school,hospital etc. just to justify their miserable existance.A lot of these tossers are no doubt rent a mobs who turn up at every protest they can attend.They wont make one bit of difference to climate change or whatever their beef is,the problems are already known and these brain dead turds wont contribute to any change.I look forward to 6 month jail terms and 5 figure fines(ha  ha ha ,dont be a naughty boy and dont do it again.)
    I use this roundabout to get to my weekly golf with a few mates,if they had held me up,I am pretty sure I would have steamed into them.
    Just Thick.

They protested at a meat market that wasnt even open because they didnt fancy the agg. If they take a bit of a beating from some unhappy drivers maybe their next protest will be to sit down on a road that's not even in use. Freaks.
    Well yeah, you act like that’s a bad thing, that’s a good thing surely, avoiding a tear up, they’re not West Ham on route to Tottenham are they.
  • Sponsored links:

Well yeah, you act like that’s a bad thing, that’s a good thing surely, avoiding a tear up, they’re not West Ham on route to Tottenham are they.
    If they were I'm sure the police wouldnt think twice about removing them.

If they were I'm sure the police wouldnt think twice about removing them.
    Again, yeah I agree that’s a good a thing.  Protests (no matter how annoying) are probably slightly more appropriate than middle aged Essex v Herts fighting for fun. 
  • Next protest is outside the Den.
    No fan's will be allowed to go to the game. 
    This will help climate change by having 200 unwashed vegan guardian readers killed. 
    Every little helps. 
  • Ferryman said:
    A mate reckons the police have been giving them tea and sandwiches!
    Hopefully superglue sandwiches.
  • From the images I have seen the people walk onto the road, often wearing some kind of fluorescent top of bright red or yellow, and sit down behind a sign.
    And remain there quite still until they are picked up and moved or dragged away.
    They offer no resistance or violence.

Ought they to be the subject of any violence meted out? Perhaps by ordinary citizens?
  • So many Terry the law abider on here 
  • I would absolutely hammer these worthless pricks to the full extent of the law,stopping genuine people going to work,school,hospital etc. just to justify their miserable existance.A lot of these tossers are no doubt rent a mobs who turn up at every protest they can attend.They wont make one bit of difference to climate change or whatever their beef is,the problems are already known and these brain dead turds wont contribute to any change.I look forward to 6 month jail terms and 5 figure fines(ha  ha ha ,dont be a naughty boy and dont do it again.)
    Just Thick.
    If you consider me thick just because I wish to go about my daily business without some worthless berk sitting on the M25 stopping me,then you posses a level of  tolerance that is on a level with a sainthood.I sincerley hope that if your house ever catches fire the fire crews are able to get through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    So many Terry the law abider on here 
    Everyone loves the police.. until it comes to being policed. 
  • seth plum said:
    From the images I have seen the people walk onto the road, often wearing some kind of fluorescent top of bright red or yellow, and sit down behind a sign.
    And remain there quite still until they are picked up and moved or dragged away.

Ought they to be the subject of any violence meted out? Perhaps by ordinary citizens?
    If they prevent doctors and surgeons from getting to hospital to carry out their duties. Then.
    YES
    Violence by the ordinary citizenry or by the authorities?
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    From the images I have seen the people walk onto the road, often wearing some kind of fluorescent top of bright red or yellow, and sit down behind a sign.

If they prevent doctors and surgeons from getting to hospital to carry out their duties. Then.
    YES
    the police, they're already tooled up
  • Just trying to imagine this scene in the 70s.

Hey Raith coming to the protest?

What protest?

To get yer loft insulated!

... What?

You can lay all this wadding stuff along the rafters and keep the house a bit warmer ... plus it'll save the planet.

Save the planet?

Yeah.

Oh come on, who's gonna listen?

The government.

Are you mad?

No, really they'll have to listen 

How do ya work that out?

Cos we're gonna stop the traffic

How?

Superglue ourselves to the road.

Oh F*** off!  
  • edited September 2021
    I would absolutely hammer these worthless pricks to the full extent of the law,stopping genuine people going to work,school,hospital etc. just to justify their miserable existance.A lot of these tossers are no doubt rent a mobs who turn up at every protest they can attend.They wont make one bit of difference to climate change or whatever their beef is,the problems are already known and these brain dead turds wont contribute to any change.I look forward to 6 month jail terms and 5 figure fines(ha  ha ha ,dont be a naughty boy and dont do it again.)
    Just Thick.
    If you consider me thick just because I wish to go about my daily business without some worthless berk sitting on the M25 stopping me,then you posses a level of  tolerance that is on a level with a sainthood.I sincerley hope that if your house ever catches fire the fire crews are able to get through.
    Absolutely no need to call anyone thick, just turns the debate into the usual CL bickerfest and is uncalled for.

But my initial reaction to your post was more along the lines of;

Cos I’ve seen a million posts today across the socials saying they’d “smashed their heads in bruv” but in reality not a single soul has done it and they’ve probably pissed off thousands of geezas the last two days.

Which is a good thing by the way, they’re not nonces ffs, they’re annoying and disruptive.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES
    Tazers, trunctions and pepper spray sort of thing?
    Use those?
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES
    Tazers, trunctions and pepper spray sort of thing?
    Use those?
    yeah and smash their riot shields into their faces for good measure.

I think it's quite obvious I was joking just like it's quite obvious you're fishing
  • Well I think those suggesting steaming in are the ones fishing. They are testing the waters to see if anybody would suggest a moderate approach.
    I am afraid the right approach is to pick them up remove them and let due process happen.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

YES
    Plus they’re good at it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!