Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How Do You Decide As A Neutral?

Comments

• Question for you all, hypothetical game,  Millwall v Palace in the play off final to get to the premier league, who you supporting? 

Years back when it was palace v West Ham in the play off final, that was a bad day for me. Despise them both, couldn’t decide who I hated most. Plumped for palace in the end as at the time I hated west ham slightly more, and palace won, but it was bittersweet 
    Im pretending there is no Football on
  • Always liked Brighton, they have had hard times groundsharing, a great day out, and they hate palice.
    Got a lot of Wednesday mates, always enjoy trips up there.
  • Question for you all, hypothetical game,  Millwall v Palace in the play off final to get to the premier league, who you supporting? 

Years back when it was palace v West Ham in the play off final, that was a bad day for me. Despise them both, couldn’t decide who I hated most. Plumped for palace in the end as at the time I hated west ham slightly more, and palace won, but it was bittersweet 
    You, only for the joy of seeing you go down the following season with a record low points total... ;)

I'd vote for Jack the ripper over palarse. 
    I'd have to support you lot.
  • I support the team that wants to play football rather than the one that wants to stop the other side from playing. Which obviously comes down to how the Manager sets the team up and why, for example, I'm always on the team that is playing a Mourinho side.
  • Well first I ask "are Liverpool playing"

If yes then I support the other side - even in Europe 
  • edited September 2021
    I actually prefer watching games as a neutral for the simple reason that I enjoy the game rather than caring about little more than the result. I would rather see Charlton win a boring game 1-0 than see an entertaining 4-4 draw - unless, perhaps, we are 4-1 down and come back or something exceptional happens.
  • Quite hard to find a neutral game as hold so many grudges up and down the football league from; Watford and Sheffield Wednesday being bottlers on their big day against Nigels, Bradford for bottling the play off final etc. 
  • Always liked Brighton, they have had hard times groundsharing, a great day out, and they hate palice.
    Have you got any mates for the other days of the week? 
  • Sponsored links:

Anybody but palace. 
  • Usually not bothered who wins so long as it’s an entertaining game (exception being Charlton of course!).

Otherwise I tend to support the underdog. 
    Always liked Brighton, they have had hard times groundsharing, a great day out, and they hate palice.
    On Saturday and Sunday he meets up with The Weeknd 
  • edited September 2021
    Stig said:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/sep/14/how-do-you-decide-which-football-team-to-support-as-a-neutral

Beyond the obvious what will benefit Charlton and hinder the spanners and the stripys, for me it's who are the underdogs, who plays in red, which team has supplied Charlton with the best players - or least duds.
    Dunno about others but I always favour one side... I don't think I've ever watched football and gone "I hope this is a thrashing either way". I think I probably prefer the sides where the majority of family or mates support.
    No.
    Always liked Brighton, they have had hard times groundsharing, a great day out, and they hate palice.
    On Saturday and Sunday he meets up with The Weeknd 
    Play nicely.

As much as it hurts me to say it, I’d want you to win. 

Palaaarse … the only club I’ve ever wanted to go out of existence … at least it’s a proper South East London derby when we play you lot. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Question for you all, hypothetical game,  Millwall v Palace in the play off final to get to the premier league, who you supporting? 

Palaaarse … the only club I’ve ever wanted to go out of existence … at least it’s a proper South East London derby when we play you lot. 
    Forget postcodes, just look at a map, it’s the only true one. 
  • I support the team that wants to play football rather than the one that wants to stop the other side from playing. Which obviously comes down to how the Manager sets the team up and why, for example, I'm always on the team that is playing a Mourinho side.
    I really wanted Jose's inter to beat Barca it was one of the best displays of shithousing I have ever seen in my life.  A tactical masterclass. 

His teams were good to watch when the players would literally die for him.    I can't even remember who he was managing at the time but I remember him beating Chelsea before kick off. He collared lampard in the tunnel when Frank was meant to be warming up.  He was a master of the mind games as well. 
  • I don’t mind Man City winning all matches cos I don’t know any City fans and them winning stops all the rest winning who I hate .
    I also have a  respect for them from going up to Maine Road in 1985 as an impressionable 14 year old and there being 48k home fans when we were getting 4k at home and football wasn’t fashionable back then as they got promoted to the top flight .

You can tell there’s too much Bromley influence here with the hating of palace more than the scum , these kids weren’t brought up on the tough streets of SE London 
  • Sponsored links:

• I always instinctively go for the team in red. Unless it's Liverpool.

0-0 and a hurricane. 
  • Stig said:
    Question for you all, hypothetical game,  Millwall v Palace in the play off final to get to the premier league, who you supporting? 

0-0 and a hurricane. 
    A play off final won’t finish 0-0. You’ve got to have a winner. Horrible ain’t it 😆
  • Stig said:

0-0 and a hurricane. 
    A play off final won’t finish 0-0. You’ve got to have a winner. Horrible ain’t it 😆
    🤮

It’s the only time I’d be supporting Millwall. Palace are utter scum in my eyes . 
  • After a sleepless night considering this awful conundrum that makes Sophie's Choice look like an absolute breeze, I think I've got there. I'm chosing Millwall on the grounds that I think they would be least well equipped to survive in the top flight.

Tricky one, as i hate both but i think it might have to be Palace based simply on the fact that Palace have been in the PL a lot and you guys never have, so i'd rather we still had that over you.

Also have a few Millwall mates and would hate to see them going to places likes Man City, United, Liverpool etc whilst we get turned over by fucking Cheltenham and MK Dons.

Tricky one, as i hate both but i think it might have to be Palace based simply on the fact that Palace have been in the PL a lot and you guys never have, so i'd rather we still had that over you.

Also have a few Millwall mates and would hate to see them going to places likes Man City, United, Liverpool etc whilst we get turned over by fucking Cheltenham and MK Dons.
    We’ve been in the top flight. It just had a different name then 😆
  • stonemuse said:

Millwall is about as South East London as Arsenal...
  • stonemuse said:

Okay then.