Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What has happened to the O.S.

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    No match report for the women's game at Durham
    No pre match or match report for the under 23's match with Wigan
    No squad numbers shown for some of our new recruits

But we do have cuddly pics of supporters at the last home game.

Come on Comms get the basics right!
    CAFC Women have their own site: https://cafcwomen.co.uk/

OK, but I would have anticipated the odd link or two to keep the Charlton family connected, noting that the women's team is back in house.
    Useful as a marketing tool to maintain interest that may lead to the odd fan at a loose end buying a match ticket. 
    Although perhaps not that many for Durham. 
  • Options
    Does the media team compromise only paid staff or are some volunteers as has been suggested?
    Asking as I don't know.
    If volunteers are used there is obviously potential for expanding the team as the cost would be minimal. 
    Could be a useful work experience opportunity for a student...
  • Options
    Does the media team compromise only paid staff or are some volunteers as has been suggested?
    Asking as I don't know.
    If volunteers are used there is obviously potential for expanding the team as the cost would be minimal. 
    That's a great Idea. I think there may well be a load of roles at the club that volunteers would love to help out with. Save money and broaden out the skill set as well. 
  • Options
    Asking as I don't know.
    That's a great Idea. I think there may well be a load of roles at the club that volunteers would love to help out with. Save money and broaden out the skill set as well. 
    Didn’t Benjy start writing about all things Charlton whilst a student?
  • Options
    How many full time Comms 'experts' does it take to run a straight forward web site reporting and publishing on a daily basis information to fans on Club news and no more than half a dozen football matches where just basic facts are required and a couple of photos?

No need carry out in depth reviews of these in massive detail, just a quick update.
  • Options
    Talking of Benjy, haven't seen a peep from him in a while?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Addickted said:
    How many full time Comms 'experts' does it take to run a straight forward web site reporting and publishing on a daily basis information to fans on Club news and no more than half a dozen football matches where just basic facts are required and a couple of photos?

No need carry out in depth reviews of these in massive detail, just a quick update.
    It would depend what else they are being asked to do, for example multi-media editing, interviews, internal meetings, dealing with printers, commercial projects, matchday press arrangement. Bear in mind that matches are played outside office hours too. 

It’s also the case that the club’s editorial isn’t just reporting, it’s frequently policy and therefore needs liaison with management. Staff will serve up things that need to be challenged - eg the original Gillingham coach times - and comms should be questioning that.

Two FTEs might well be able to deliver a fully updated website but in practice they would be doing many other things too.
  • Options
    Website totally unavailable now " This page cannot be found"

• Options
    Be careful of what you wish for.... the whole site content seems to have disappeared

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd happily offer some UX tips and Analysis on how to improve the site. 
  • Options
    Getting ready for the announcement of Adkins getting binned
  • Options
    daveroan said:

Whoops! is it something I said?
  • Options
    Getting ready for the announcement of Adkins getting binned
    Funnily enough I dreamed about this last night. His permanent replacement was announced immediately as JJ.
  • Options
    daveroan said:
    Whoops! is it something I said?
    Yes, you're THAT important :lol:
    :wink:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You have not offended me seth however as many have said before the OS has never been a "go too place" for fans if you want to know something about Charlton. It has been lacking in real depth for years now.

It's a site to purchase match tickets on and anything else is a bonus.
    That doesn't mean that it AND the official Twitter account are good enough, especially when you consider the effort put into Charlton TV

I'm amazed for example that the Twitter account still has NO mention of yesterday's U23 match at all. And that Charlton fans had to ask Wigan to see our team lineup

I'm sure things were better last season, are they short staffed?
    Maybe they are saving up all the news for Thomas to personally deliver it........ 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Here is something constructive.
    Just looked at the Official Website and it headlines the weekend woman’s game as Durham 0 Charlton 2.
    It was the other way round,
    so I am constructively suggesting the ‘comms’ team put it right.
    See no problem with that, I’m still celebrating our 2-1 win over Cheltenham.
  • Options
    i blame Keohane - reckon their all a bundle of nerves 
  • Options
    Doubt this will make any difference to some but Olly is off ill, not at all well, which is the simple explanation 

Usually he'd take a call to get the lineup and put out any goal updates but was just too ill last night and today to deal with it. 
    Thanks, I had wondered if they were short staffed, as the official Twitter feed has been lacking recently

Hope he isn't too ill and gets well soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes - Olly seems to do a good job, get well soon 
  • Options
    Doubt this will make any difference to some but Olly is off ill, not at all well, which is the simple explanation 

Usually he'd take a call to get the lineup and put out any goal updates but was just too ill last night and today to deal with it. 
    Obviously best wishes to him in getting well soon but surely he isn't the only member of the comms team we have? What if he's on holiday? Does literally nothing get updated or posted?
  • Options

Obviously best wishes to him in getting well soon but surely he isn't the only member of the comms team we have? What if he's on holiday? Does literally nothing get updated or posted?
    Fair point well made 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

In my experience only the bare minimum gets done when you are away sick or on leave and when you come back to work it’s normally to a pile of crap 😤. Depends what your profession and job cover there is I suppose.
  • Options
    Also what if the first team had played yesterday, surely someone else would've had to post info in his absence if he was too ill?
  • Options
    i'm concerned keohane has got him tied up at knife point 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Gribbo said:
    So we need an LB and a new member of the committee team
    Stick Ronnie in Comms as he’s not playing, at least you’ll get some value for money, oh hang on a minute English is not his native tongue 🤔
  • Options
    Not sure how getting the scoreline wrong for the Womens' game at Durham is a resourcing issue.