Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is anyone not attending The Valley due to Covid?

2»

Comments

• Options
    what block is the mask area in the east? 
  • Options
    It doesn't say, but it's towards the away end.

"The ticket office will reserve two blocks, one in the Alan Curbishley Stand, and one in the West Stand where supporters who prefer to wear masks throughout the event, will be able to do so. Supporters who wish to take this up should contact the ticket office in advance of game."

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/610a72ef8b240/matchday-protocols-for-the-202122-season
  • Options
    Whoever said it hit the nail on the head. Its more likely to be the thought of using the train to get to the ground than being outdoors in the stand. I've got other people I need to think about, don't want to risk the train and Greenwich Council suddenly deciding all of the places I used to park are now going to be enforced 
  • Options
    I want to take my dad but he’s quite vulnerable and in his mid eighties. He has a season ticket but it’s really busy around where we sit. The issue is if we sit in the mask areas there are still risks (for my dad) around going from the car, crowds around the ground, queuing for the turnstiles. I may look at parking in the ground but that is £36 so needs a bit of thought.
  • Options
    Currently on a train down from Yorkshire for tomorrow’s match. Hardly any masks in site, I will be sitting in my dads seat tomorrow. 

I do think you would be very unlucky to catch it at the ground. 

Great idea by the club though. 
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    My brother sat in there once. We took the piss out of him so much that he's now back in his regular seat.
    Why would you take the piss out of someone for wanting to wear a mask?
    I knew I'd get a silly response like this. The answer is because he's my brother and taking the piss out of each other is what brothers do.

I've got a brother. If he wanted to sit in a covid safe area because he was concerned, the last thing I'd do is 'take the piss out of him'.

I'm sure you don't take the piss out of him for everything. That would be ridiculous. "Ha ha. Look at you having breakfast...etc." So, returning to the question, why take the piss out of him for sitting there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:
    My brother sat in there once. We took the piss out of him so much that he's now back in his regular seat.
    I knew I'd get a silly response like this. The answer is because he's my brother and taking the piss out of each other is what brothers do.

I've got a brother. If he wanted to sit in a covid safe area because he was concerned, the last thing I'd do is 'take the piss out of him'.

I'm sure you don't take the piss out of him for everything. That would be ridiculous. "Ha ha. Look at you having breakfast...etc." So, returning to the question, why take the piss out of him for sitting there?
    Oh the banter flies during lunchtime Cloudworm. Today I saw him and said "ha ha. Look at you eating a sandwich". We were laughing for hours. It was a proper roasting.
    Sounds hilarious. I’m sure you have a lot of fun. I think maybe you realise you’ve misread the room. People have genuine concerns over the spread of the virus and yet you’re taking the piss out of people for taking steps to arrest the spread of it. I don’t know you. I’m sure you’re ok really. I just think you’re part of the reason why the infection rate is rocketing up again.

time and a place. That’s all.

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:

Oh the banter flies during lunchtime Cloudworm. Today I saw him and said "ha ha. Look at you eating a sandwich". We were laughing for hours. It was a proper roasting.
    Sounds hilarious. I’m sure you have a lot of fun. I think maybe you realise you’ve misread the room. People have genuine concerns over the spread of the virus and yet you’re taking the piss out of people for taking steps to arrest the spread of it. I don’t know you. I’m sure you’re ok really. I just think you’re part of the reason why the infection rate is rocketing up again.

time and a place. That’s all.

Seb RIP
    Bringing SEB into your argument is below the belt IMO.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    Apologies. Point taken.