Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is anyone not attending The Valley due to Covid?

There are 2 virtually empty areas for masked fans only. One in The Curbs Stand/East and one in The West. 

Comments

• sounds like reserved areas for the Lone Ranger or Zorro impersonators .. my first at the Valley this season is Pompey .. masked or barefaced, bring it on
  • I saw Al Murray at The Churchill last night, only a few wearing a mask. 
    PS chips are veg. 
  • Is anyone actually using those mask only areas? I don't recall seeing any mask wearers in the communal areas of the Curbs stand, unless the far end toilets are open and they can use them?
  • My brother sat in there once. We took the piss out of him so much that he's now back in his regular seat.
  • Is anyone actually using those mask only areas? I don't recall seeing any mask wearers in the communal areas of the Curbs stand, unless the far end toilets are open and they can use them?
    If they are it must be a handful as I couldn't see any from The Covered End. 
  • Last 2 home games I've switched my season ticket from north west corner to the ' Covid safety area' In south west corner.

Not sure if I'll do it this Saturday though.

Yes, I used the West Stand for the Crew game.  My first game back. I guess there was about 15-20 sat in this area.  There seemed even fewer sat opposite in the AC Stand.
  • I hope @ME14addick is enjoying being back at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• First game back and going to drive, don't fancy the packed train on the way home
  • I don’t have any games scheduled in but not due to worries over COVID. I still wear a mask in shops and indoor places but do feel like the odd one out most of the time and would consider using a mask wearing area. I’m not overly worried about catching it now I’m jabbed but would obviously rather not.

I’m off to the Goodwood Revival next weekend which is always very busy. Thankfully, they’ve made changes to the layout to help alleviate the packed areas and I’m not even in 2 minds on whether to go or not.
  • edited September 2021
    me - due to the travelling, not the Valley
  • Addickted said:
    Still not been back - really can't afford to risk it with 35k plus a day still getting infected.
    I reckon if you drove, entered the ground by 2.30 and nipped to the loo, sat in one of the safe areas and left before or after the crowds, you could avoid going near anyone.
    But of course I appreciate your understandable reluctance.
    Afraid I don't nip anywhere nowadays.

• Addickted said:
    Still not been back - really can't afford to risk it with 35k plus a day still getting infected.
    I reckon if you drove, entered the ground by 2.30 and nipped to the loo, sat in one of the safe areas and left before or after the crowds, you could avoid going near anyone.
    But of course I appreciate your understandable reluctance.
    The smoke in the toilets would kill him though.
  • Sponsored links:

• I imagine there will be acres of space in the away end on Saturday...
  • I imagine there will be acres of space in the away end on Saturday...
    Games like this is their cup final. It’s a day out in London and Charlton is a friendly club to go to. It won’t pack out but I suspect it won’t be empty.
  • I'm not attending games due to Covid in part because I won't use public transport and driving/parking is a hassle.  If I did go I'd only sit in the quiet parts of the East or Upper West as concourses are outdoors too.
  • Me. Wife is 36 weeks pregnant. Can't risk it. 
    Congratulations @Siv_in_Norfolk
  • edited September 2021
    I imagine there will be acres of space in the away end on Saturday...
    Games like this is their cup final. It’s a day out in London and Charlton is a friendly club to go to. It won’t pack out but I suspect it won’t be empty.
    Explains why the spanners always sell out the JS end.
  • Like the other thread on this I have not stopped going due to Covid, it is mainly due to having lost interest in football and having other things to do at weekends. I will be attending games but it will be a handful at most. 
  • I missed The Massives & will miss Cheltenham because of holidays the week after - just in case.

Wigan and Crewe weren't too bad, the Euro 2020 research found concourses to be the biggest issue rather than seats. If you walk further to a quiet pub you can wait for a quiet train home as well.