Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pape Souaré - signed by Morecambe (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Apparently he rules the dancefloor 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    We seem to be confusing having anyone at a position rather than having quality at a position. Let’s see what happens.
    Which free agent left back would you have signed?

Declan John, age 25, from Swansea
    Tom O'Connor, 22, Southampton
    Reece James, 26, Blackpool
    Max Clark, 25, Hull
    Connor Ogilvie, 22, Portsmouth
    Brendan Galloway, 25, Luton
    All played last year, all are younger, all signed for L1 clubs, all were available for free and all have higher market values. I think we just signed the only L1 left back who did not play last year for a club. And also the oldest. I believe all of the above would have been better free transfers if we did not wait til the end of the window (and after) to starting filling our roster.
    “Are you Collin in disguise”
    I would guess Colin thinks Souare is a quality signing.

We 'hang' on his every word.

• Options
    Clarky said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    We seem to be confusing having anyone at a position rather than having quality at a position. Let’s see what happens.
    Which free agent left back would you have signed?

Declan John, age 25, from Swansea
    Tom O'Connor, 22, Southampton
    Reece James, 26, Blackpool
    Max Clark, 25, Hull
    Connor Ogilvie, 22, Portsmouth
    Brendan Galloway, 25, Luton
    All played last year, all are younger, all signed for L1 clubs, all were available for free and all have higher market values. I think we just signed the only L1 left back who did not play last year for a club. And also the oldest. I believe all of the above would have been better free transfers if we did not wait til the end of the window (and after) to starting filling our roster.
    Maybe it's felt we don't need any of those when we have Ben Purrington, 25, Charlton.

Makes sense to bring in an experienced player as competition. Of those listed by you, I think Ogilvie is the only upgrade on Purrington.
    Does not need to be an upgrade on Purrington, just an upgrade on Souare.
    When people make comments like this I have to bow to their superior knowledge. If I made up a list I would have to base it on seeing a player once or twice a season against Charlton as I really haven't got the time or the inclination to travel the country looking at LBs from other.clubs, on several occasions, in order to base an opinion on whether they are better than a player I certainly haven't seen in a live game at all.

Travel the country ?
    He doesn't even live in the country.
    I'm actually wondering how may times NapaAddick has been to The Valley in the last 5/10/15/20/ever years.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that he is going to be a very influential player this season. Quality player.

If he and Kirk are on the same wave line it could be awesome. Feeling good about this signing. Could be the best one of the window. 🤞
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Why is it the same people are to be seen on every new player thread slagging off the player concerned before they have even kicked a ball in a match for us.

It does get tiresome. Why cant the new signings be given the benefit of the doubt and welcomed to the club.

It is also quite remarkable that the same people are also the ones running down TS. Almost like there is an agenda 🙄🙄
    Certain people cannot be content with things getting back to normal(ish), where we can all just enjoy the football. There always does seem to be a reason to moan, or have a villain to aim shit at, wether it be new players, owner, Ged, keohane, parkes, season tickets sent out later than expected but still on time in the main,late kit release and so on!!!!. Too much energy spent on moaning for not a lot of reason. Things are on the up so why doesn’t everyone just enjoy the ride and see what happens. Instead of doubts and conspiracy theories.
  • Options
    The fun of a start to the season is the excitement and uncertainty of not knowing what is going to happen. Part of that relates to how you can never know if new signings will be good, bad, or indifferent. I’ve been watching us long enough to know that how pleased fans are with a signing on the day that player signed has, at best, a weak correlation with how good they actually turn out to be for us. That is part of the joy of a new football season… the unknown. I think people who can’t get to grips with that and enjoy it instead of worrying about trying to predict every little thing are missing out on some of the experience. 

I always think back to that crazy summer under Powell where it felt like we signed a player almost daily. I would say that the signing that excited fans the most was Danny Green, while the signing that prompted the most skepticism was Yann. Which one would you love to be able to bring back in their prime now?

I think it was the lack of signings and knowing what the team would be each week. suspecting, but with a lot of confidence, the squad was not good enough, was the reason why I personally have struggled to engage properly with season up to now. Today, with the excitement of the unknown in terms of who will play and just how good we are feels how the first Saturday should. That kid on Christmas Eve type feeling. I’m bang up for it now. 
  • Options
    We’ll now I feel like a kid who asked for a PlayStation for Christmas but got an abacus. 
  • Options
    We’ll now I feel like a kid who asked for a PlayStation for Christmas but got an abacus. 
    Abacus! More like a broken crayon  ;)
  • Options

Travel the country ?
    I'm actually wondering how may times NapaAddick has been to The Valley in the last 5/10/15/20/ever years.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Travel the country ?

Still avoided the question! Really haven't got anymore time for the likes of you!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I thought he looked good in his brief cameo. 
    Yep definitely looked a left back. 

Would start him Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

Would start him Tuesday.
    Who are we playing on Tuesday? ;) - Gillingham is next week mate
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

Would start him Tuesday.
    Probably because he is one. I always think if you make the bench you are good enough to start but yet again we had to tolerate somebody playing out of position. 
  • Options
    I thought both our full backs were poor today (Gunter and Matthew’s).
  • Options
    He comes from Senegal, he f@cking hates Millwall…
  • Options
    Don't understand why he didn't start today; no wonder Kirk had a poor game....he needs attacking support!
  • Options
    Start him next week. We know Gunter will never be the answer on either side even though he’ll have a few good games here and there. Gunter has an optional 3rd year, we really don’t want to be forced to extend it like we seem to have done with Watson.
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

Would start him Tuesday.
    Probably because he is one. I always think if you make the bench you are good enough to start but yet again we had to tolerate somebody playing out of position. 
    Not sure I agree. 

You may want to give the player a short cameo, starting them and something goes wrong could seriously scupper that and risk injury etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Clarky said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:

Would start him Tuesday.
    Not sure I agree. 

You may want to give the player a short cameo, starting them and something goes wrong could seriously scupper that and risk injury etc.
    He's not ready to start, confirmed by Adkins in his post match interview, ditto Leko, Arter and presumably Henderson

But that's ok, the season doesn't start until October
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Have got to agree the ball he played with the outside of his boot was class. He is just what we have been missing. 

Let’s hope he can stay fit
  • Options
    Yes he looked good when he came on

Amazing because I could've sworn someone on here was saying he was shit...
  • Options
    It took Souaré 10 minutes to show what he is about. A beautiful outside of the boot pass, a really good cross and an ability to find space on the left. Kirk has had a good 180 minutes and has showed nothing at all. 
    Maybe Kirk needs a Souare type player behind him. He’s had to put up with Gunter so far.
  • Options
    Have got to agree the ball he played with the outside of his boot was class. He is just what we have been missing. 

Let’s hope he can stay fit
    It was such a good ball it went out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Scoham said:
    Start him next week. We know Gunter will never be the answer on either side even though he’ll have a few good games here and there. Gunter has an optional 3rd year, we really don’t want to be forced to extend it like we seem to have done with Watson.
    I like Matthews as much as anyone but resigning him when we already had Gunter contracted was a big mistake - a mistake made before our recruitment strategy shifted later in the window. 

We have two right back options that aren’t up to the standard needed for promotion.

If anything, next week I’d like to see Gunter on the right (with Souare left) just to see if he can give us a different kind of performance on his favoured side. Matthews was dreadful today.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    It took Souaré 10 minutes to show what he is about. A beautiful outside of the boot pass, a really good cross and an ability to find space on the left. Kirk has had a good 180 minutes and has showed nothing at all. 
    Maybe Kirk needs a Souare type player behind him. He’s had to put up with Gunter so far.
    What is it with people writing off young technically gifted players at every opportunity at the moment? I agree with you, Kirk has had to put up with a player doing his best to play wrong footed up til now.

None of these players are the problem though, it seems we've not shaken some of the issues we had under Bowyer last season.

Adkins needs to change that, but I have concerns that it feels like someone is intervening in management affairs. Maybe some are right regarding Roddy...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What is it with people writing off young technically gifted players at every opportunity at the moment? I agree with you, Kirk has had to put up with a player doing his best to play wrong footed up til now.

None of these players are the problem though, it seems we've not shaken some of the issues we had under Bowyer last season.

Adkins needs to change that, but I have concerns that it feels like someone is intervening in management affairs. Maybe some are right regarding Roddy...
    I don't buy that sorry. It's a formation that Adkins likes to use and used before to better effect last season. I'm not saying it's working but I don't think it's down to interference from above.
  • Options
    Clarky said:

Travel the country ?

Still avoided the question! Really haven't got anymore time for the likes of you!
    That's okay, I don't think about you at all.