Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pape Souaré - signed by Morecambe (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Grant Basey should be on that curse of the left back list.

And Cedric Evina
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    From PL to Lique 2 (his last loan at Troyes). Coventry kept Martin Crainie on trial for longer. Lets hope a change of scenery suits him well. 
    By then, Coventry had signed Maatsen.

• Options
    He was brilliant for palace, i know he had the crash and dipped and fitness. But if we can get him to stay fit, could be a great signing this. Its a risk but definitely one worth taking, would be first choice for me if he can handle it. 
    I hope he's a success for us, but it's not being over negative to be concerned that since the crash he's really struggled in the last 5 years.

Yes we are at a lower level than he previously played at, but L1 is still a really tough league, the fact that 8 games were called off this weekend due to international callups shows its quality
  • Options
    Jamie Stuart too, though for different reasons  :D
  • Options
    He was brilliant for palace, i know he had the crash and dipped and fitness. But if we can get him to stay fit, could be a great signing this. Its a risk but definitely one worth taking, would be first choice for me if he can handle it. 
    I hope he's a success for us, but it's not being over negative to be concerned that since the crash he's really struggled in the last 5 years.

Yes we are at a lower level than he previously played at, but L1 is still a really tough league, the fact that 8 games were called off this weekend due to international callups shows its quality
    Yep agreed, its a risk. Also one worth taking, worst case we have Purrington (in my opinion more than good enough in this league) or Gunter who might be able to stand in if desperate (like he has been lol) 
  • Options

The game was live on TV and from Memory, believe it was Bristol Rovers and Blizzard who went in late on Grant Basey.  The list on Left backs alone are high and that doesn't include Chris Solly who also like Gunter had to fill in at LB on occasions.

Alfie Doughty is best on the left side and despite getting Injured when playing on the right side also had a bad injury which curtailed his Cafc career by 4 months even if it didn't stop a transfer to the Championship.

• Options
    Apologies if this has already been discussed but how far off match fit is Souare ? 
  • Options
    Apologies if this has already been discussed but how far off match fit is Souare ? 
    The most accurate answer is "we don't know." He's apparently been training with the Palace U23s before us so in theory he shouldn't be too far off but I personally think he's going to be on the bench for a few weeks yet and pick up minutes that way.
  • Options

Was Cory Gibbs a left back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mark Penfold.

• Options
    u23s game tomorrow.

Line ups might be interesting.

Ronnie?  Papa?  Trailist up front?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    The most accurate answer is "we don't know." He's apparently been training with the Palace U23s before us so in theory he shouldn't be too far off but I personally think he's going to be on the bench for a few weeks yet and pick up minutes that way.
    He has played for Palaces u23s as well so he didn't come in stone cold. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Jac_52 said:

Was Cory Gibbs a left back?

Cory Gibbs was a Centre back but possibly played in various positions in defence for other sides.
    Despite not playing a 1st team game for  Cafc ( he may of only played 45 minutes for the U23 ?) He did play 83 games (after his two barren years for Cafc) in the NFL for 3 different sides before injury forced his retirement.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    DOUCHER said:
    feedback i have on Souare is good - rattles everyone in training, doesn't hold back, good player, a bit crazy 
    Skilful left-footed Senegalese defender and a bit crazy? The cult of Souare begins here
    Yep - he obviously has a bit of pedigree so I think concerns would have been about fitness, appetite and desire but sounds like he’s really putting it in so promising 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has a good engine and can move through the gears. A big boot on the left side and doesn’t take any passengers. A good little runner and perfect for Nige to polish for the long run to Wembley 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    From my Palace mate:

"Loved Pape. Was our left back when we finished 10th and then got to the cup final. Was done after breaking his leg in a slightly mysterious accident. Was training with us all summer in order to try and get a contract."

Not much insight there tbh, but seems highly though of pre car crash. Not quite sure what the "mysterious" element is about. I think he just pranged his motor tbf? Which was unfortunate. 

I would assume that it refers to the circumstances of the crash - was he speeding, suspected of being under the influence, was there another car involved etc?

For clarity I don't have a clue about any of this nor am I suggesting any of the above is true but just speculative about what the "mystery" could be in reference to.
  • Options
    From what I can find online another car swerved in front of him and here ended up in the central reservation, having to be cut out of the car and air lifted to a trauma unit with a broken thigh and jaw.

The other driver was charged with driving without due care and attention, but tried to bring a private prosecution against Papa, but it was dismissed.
  • Options
    We seem to be confusing having anyone at a position rather than having quality at a position. Let’s see what happens.
  • Options
    Good luck to the fella......admire his dedication to try and make it back
  • Options
    Needed a back up lefback got a backup leftback.  Nothing to get carried away with, nothing to cry over.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    feedback i have on Souare is good - rattles everyone in training, doesn't hold back, good player, a bit crazy 
    Moutakil mk2
  • Options
    My Palace supporting mate (I know...I know) reckons he will be a great signing if he's fit.