Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Watts RIP

Comments

• Options
    Really sad to hear this. A gentleman who never took the Rock and Roll circus too seriously.
  • Options
    RIP Mr Watts
  • Options
    RIP Charlie.  Great drummer.

Rolling Stones gig
  • Options
    Think Charlie crammed a lot into his 80 years…… RIP
  • Options
    Very sad. They can’t go on forever but the greatest band from Dartford will alway be legends 
  • Options
    The heartbeat of the Stones. RIP Charlie
  • Options
    I met him at the 606 club a few years ago, nice bloke. Sad news 
  • Options
    RIP Charlie,  always my favourite Stone.
  • Options
    RIP to one of the coolest men in rock. 
  • Options
    Top bloke in a top band. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP, have been lucky enough to see them a few times, a very under rated drummer.
  • Options
    Remember a documentary where he said something like he hates touring but loves drumming and his wife won’t let him drum at home so he has to go on tour. 
  • Options
    RIP Charlie. 

Thanks for being part of the greatest band of all time. 
  • Options
    Another legend gone,so soon after Don Everly,what a crap few days,RIP Charlie,thanks for the memory.
  • Options
    Out of all the Stones I didnt think he'd go first......Keef must have made a pact with the devil.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP, a legend from my teenage years.
  • Options
    By far my favourite of The Stones. Coolest man in the band and a terrific drummer to boot. The video of It's Only Rock & Roll with Charlie disappearing into the foam behind them always raises a smile.

RIP. 
  • Options
    So very sad, the stones have been with me all my life. RiP Charlie, loved rock and roll and very respected doing jazz.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Out of all the Stones I didnt think he'd go first......Keef must have made a pact with the devil.

RIP.
    2nd after Brian Jones, who was probably the original founder. But that is nit picking RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad. They can’t go on forever but the greatest band from Dartford will alway be legends 
    Yes but you do realise Charlie wasn't from Dartford. In fact only Mick and Keef were 
  • Options
    Sad, sad news.  Great bloke, great drummer…another piece of my youth gone.  RIP.
  • Options
    redman said:

RIP.
    2nd after Paul Jones, who was probably the original founder. But that is nit picking RIP
    Brian…… Think Paul Jones was in Manfred Mann 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    redman said:

RIP.
    2nd after Paul Jones, who was probably the original founder. But that is nit picking RIP
    Brian…… Think Paul Jones was in Manfred Mann 
    Correct, Paul turned the Stones down IIRC.
  • Options
    RiP. Saw him drumming for The Blues Brothers at The Bridge House Canning Town, probably 1980. Sad loss. 
  • Options
    He was a great dummer and his passion was playing jazz, like some have mentioned… RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Charlie
  • Options
    Charlie Watts was a far better drummer than people gave him credit for, he just wasn’t flashy or flamboyant. RIP Charlie just don’t get off of that cloud.
  • Options
    Charlie was a class act; a top drummer, underestimated by many. A privilege to have seen him live on e few occasions, including at The Marquee Club where he and Bill Wyman were part of a band put together by Alexis Korner.

RIP Charlie. You'll be missed.