Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Stand Block D - Hospitality only next year?

Comments

• Options
    No doubt the “drink on arrival” is for one Tuesday night game in the middle of January and the drink is limited to Ribena or tap water 
    And only if that game follows a pattern of home game, away game, away game AND you’ve not used your 20% off voucher in the club shop on a Tuesday in September.
  • Options
    This really is an absolutely terrible idea. Terrible. 
  • Options
    I can’t help thinking of American sports and how they treat their customers.

I really hope this isn’t yet more Sandgaardism at work.
  • Options
    File this under “ideas that don’t work in league 1”

If they want to implement things like this then they should’ve spent the summer preparing for promotion

Theres no chance this goes ahead
  • Options
    Is any area of the west stand (apart from the boxes) used for hospitality already and if so is it mostly full up? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok - I have clarification from the club

If you are an existing ST in block D you will NOT be asked to move and will remain in situ under normal ST arrangements 

Any NEW ST’s wanting to have a seat in block D will have to buy a 1905 package 

To be honest, I think block D is completely sold out to ST’s at the moment anyway, as I can’t see any empty seats
    Strange as that contradicts the email received by the OP
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    stonemuse said:
    Ok - I have clarification from the club

If you are an existing ST in block D you will NOT be asked to move and will remain in situ under normal ST arrangements 

Any NEW ST’s wanting to have a seat in block D will have to buy a 1905 package 

To be honest, I think block D is completely sold out to ST’s at the moment anyway, as I can’t see any empty seats
    Strange as that contradicts the email received by the OP
    They're probably reading this thread and changing their mind pretty quickly! 
    The power of CL 😉
  • Options
    clive said:
    Who wants a three course meal every week at the football?
    Sue Parkes, probably.
    a three course carvery and a tray of vol au vents?
  • Options
    My money is on this being swept under the carpet and forgotten about.... just like what seemed like plans to charge for the fans bar, which was very briefly mentioned over the summer. 
  • Options
    It would make more sense to partition off the old Millennium (which is now Club 1905) and have limited three course meal availability and then just leave the rest of it as it used to be rather than trying to squeeze out existing Millenium fans into the smaller Vista Lounge (West Upper) who then have to walk through Club 1905 to get to their seats anyway…or just leave the KP suite as it was. 
  • Options
    There's around 500 seats in the lower west block D.

A classic case of having no idea. Isn't Club 1905 the old Keith Peacock suite? If so think that only has seating for about 60 people.

So that'll be a mostly empty Block D then with existing 'customers' moving to cheaper seats...... hhhmmmmm not the best decision it would seem.

Over £100 a match, blimey, it's going to be a rip roaring seller this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UEAAddick said:
    This is just another case of doing something when it isn't needed. How many times have we seen this over the years at Charlton.

For a club like us in this league in a stadium that was not newly built with all the corporate sections at the same time, these things don't work and it's so obvious why.

We're not a big enough club who can just sell out or get close to selling out regardless of what league we are in. We are not an Everton or a Newcastle, or a club like Norwich for example who can sell out every week because they have the whole of Norfolk to themselves. If we did, this thing is more likely to work, but it's still not a good idea. 

Clubs like Arsenal these sort of seating plans with access to hospitality work because how the ground was built and designed with the corporate stuff all at the same time. There business model is based on revenue from that sector, ours isn't and never has been because all fan bases are different and ours isn't like that. People don't want to pay more money to sit in one area of the ground, when they may have sat in the another part of the ground all there life. 

Just because one idea that might sound flash or work at another club, doesn't mean it will work here. 

Especially in League One. 
  • Options
    Millwall last year, similar deal, £107-£131 per game. A division above up the road. 
  • Options
    Think, it just getting blown out of the water.
  • Options
    Feels like the wrong time to launch this!
  • Options
    "Drink on arrival" - Is that literally just the one drink?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    "Drink on arrival" - Is that literally just the one drink?
    It’s 20% off a drink once a season, on a Tuesday night, in February 
  • Options
    And to think we used to say Roland 'bought the wrong club'!!