Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Lock RIP

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes one of these threads really does knock the stuffing out of you. I'm shocked.

Great comedian. RIP
  • Options
    PS 15 Storeys High is perhaps one of the most under the radar/ under rated comedies out there.  Would recommend if you've not seen it.
    the table tennis :)  
  • Options
    Glad I caught Sean at the Greenwich Comedy Festival, where he was brilliant.
    Cats does Countdown was always much better when he appeared and the show won’t be quite the same without him.
    Rest in Peace Sean.
    Your talent will be missed...
  • Options
    Saw him live a few years ago, very funny man. RIP Sean
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Saddened and shocked by this news! Carrot in a box.... brilliant!

RIP Sean my condolences to friends and family x

• Options
    Very sad. A very funny man. RIP sir.
  • Options
    Very sad news RIP
  • Options
    Tiger Who Came For a Pint, Nazi Island, Fit As a Bakers Dog, I Arrange Fruit...

Very funny/smart bloke, with a hint of devil in him. RIP Sean.

• Options
    awful news … RIP … one of the funniest men on TV ..: such a shock 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a lot I can add to the previous comments. RIP to a very funny man.
  • Options
    Hit me a bit this one. A lot of his comedy was right up my street, brilliant on 8 out of 10 cats. RIP Sean
  • Options
    I loved him on pretty much everything he was on. His way of telling jokes, the slightly unhinged, dark comedy he had was right up my street, and he came across as a genuinely funny and nice guy (a lot of comedians suffer from being miserable bastards away from stand up but he didn't seem to be one of them)
  • Options
    RIP. 

Popped into the undertakers, who did my mum’s service this morning to get a customs certificate, they said they are busy, seeing a lot of 40s & 50s year olds who had cancer. Obviously having been missed due to covid and not being able to see anyone in pass year.
  • Options
    RIP..... brilliant comedian taken too young. The Dead Swan episode of 15 Storeys High remains one of the funniest programmes i've ever seen. I saw him at Jongleurs many moons ago, played to a dead room after Gina Yashere had done her best to ruin the night, but soon had us all in stitches again.
  • Options
    Loved the twinkle in his eye, RIP Sean
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    One of the few comedians who just seemed to get it. He didn’t need any gimmicks, didn’t go over the top or rely on nonsensical anecdotes or exaggerated accents to be funny. It was just very clever and very funny one-liners. Rest in peace. The comedy world has lost a giant.
  • Options
    A great talent - RIP Sean.
  • Options
    Knew he’d been ill as he was off TV for a while, but then he reappeared so I figured he was ok again. Really sad to hear this. A brilliant comedian. A very funny stand up and great on panel shows. Also his sitcom 15 Storeys High is worth a watch. Thoughts his family. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Just seen the clip was already posted above.
  • Options
    As others have said, there are times when the passing of a celebrity hits you. For me, this is one such time. Really sad. Cats does Countdown won’t be the same, as he made the show imo.
    RIP Sean.
  • Options
    Naturally funny man. This was a real shock. RIP.
  • Options
    One of my favorites... oh dear!

RIP
  • Options
    Loved 15 story's high. I still find myself calling out Errol randomly! Sad news this. Always stayed true to himself did Sean Lock RIP 
  • Options
    Still absolutely gutted about this. Watched a lot of Sean Lock YouTube clips last night . A very funny man.

Carrot in a box is one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in recent years 
  • Options
    Great piece from Harry hill about his mate, contains classic Sean lock humour re being in a hospice

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2021/aug/18/harry-hill-on-sean-lock-comedians-comedian-took-us-by-surprise
  • Options
    Such a shame. Great comedian and seemed a ' normal ' bloke... will be missed

• Options
    Gutted to hear this yesterday.  Sean was such a brilliant comedian and a really great guy as well.  Have had mates swapping different clips all day and he had me in tears of laughter, despite knowing most of them so well already.  Bloody horrible disease.  Rest in Laughter Sean.